Touch screen calibration Issue

Guest vinzlord

Guest vinzlord

Today, I was messing around with the settings to my gt540 and I seem to have messed up the touch calibration settings on my phone. After I restarted the phone, the touch screen became completely unusable. Touching,dragging,ect evoked no response in the phone menu whatsoever.(although when dragging downward's from any position of the screen, it slightly moves the top drop down bar//this shows that it's no actually the screen that's messed up, it's the internal settings)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Here's some of the things that i can still do on my phone:

boot the phone up into safe mode // unable to do a hard reset since i can't touch the menu.

I'm able to access my home screen//did this by calling my number from another phone.

All the tangible buttons of the phone are fully functional//

I am able to plug my phone into my computer , and it will make a "connected beep" sound. (It can't detect my phone though)

other info..

ver: 1.6// untouched, haven't upgraded or anything

had it for around a month and a half.

ps: I was wondering,does it require me to use the touch screen to preform a upgrade? If not then is it possible for me to just do an upgrade, which in turn will reset all the factory settings back to the phone.

Guest despotovski01
Today, I was messing around with the settings to my gt540 and I seem to have messed up the touch calibration settings on my phone. After I restarted the phone, the touch screen became completely unusable. Touching,dragging,ect evoked no response in the phone menu whatsoever.(although when dragging downward's from any position of the screen, it slightly moves the top drop down bar//this shows that it's no actually the screen that's messed up, it's the internal settings)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Here's some of the things that i can still do on my phone:

boot the phone up into safe mode // unable to do a hard reset since i can't touch the menu.

I'm able to access my home screen//did this by calling my number from another phone.

All the tangible buttons of the phone are fully functional//

I am able to plug my phone into my computer , and it will make a "connected beep" sound. (It can't detect my phone though)

other info..

ver: 1.6// untouched, haven't upgraded or anything

had it for around a month and a half.

ps: I was wondering,does it require me to use the touch screen to preform a upgrade? If not then is it possible for me to just do an upgrade, which in turn will reset all the factory settings back to the phone.

The best thing to do is to update your phone. Follow this tutorial and you should be good.