How to install app from SD card on Android 2.2 AT&T

Guest johntravolta

Guest johntravolta

I tryed the old metod (*#*#307#*#*) but there is no effect.

I will be very thankfull if someone can help me.

....after some research I had a luck......

With either ADW Launcher or Launcher Pro (I did it with LP) - Just press an open area like adding a widget.

1. Choose "Shortcut"

2. Choose "Activity"

3. Scroll the resulting list. There will be an EMList entry, under that and EMList installer and an EMList uninstaller.

4. Choose the installer - Click the new widget and the screen will flash & return.

Now go look in the app draw for EMList. The tool has a entry near the bottom (#30) for "App Security" - Update Unknown Resource Property Toggle that on.

Now go to settings, applications... There it is! The entry for allowing Non-Market Apps has been returned.

5. Jot a quick email to AT&T. Subject line = "Bite Me!"

You can just create a widget for the uninstaller to remove EMList now... no need for it,and as for the other "Engineering Mode Tools" use with caution. If you badword up your phone randomly trying stuff, don't blame me.

....and YES IT WORKS!

Edited by johntravolta

Guest johntravolta
For those do not use adw , superoneclick also the option to enable non market app

Yes,but much complicated.....I think.

Guest jmhalder
Yes,but much complicated.....I think.

not at all, its also the only way to root (I suppose you could still do it through a custom recovery, and through manually running rageagainst the cage)

frankly if you cant get it working, time to stop modding phones.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest foullows

That doesn't work for me. I go to add custom shortcut>activities and the list shows no EMList option. I want to install from 'unknown sources' so I can install that netflix leak.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Duskycub

It worked for me perfectly but i seem to have trouble with super one click to root the device and i have done everything any suggestions would be helpful