[wip] Krautmod

Guest iKrautDroid

Guest iKrautDroid

I have been trying lots of roms lately and I noticed that the official 2.1 is (in my opinion) the fastest and most stable rom around. I installed it on my pulse, rooted it with z4 root and started editing it with root explorer. I'm very happy with these results and I want to make it into a flashable zip.

But how is this done?

Can I use dsixda's kitchen to unpack the update, root it, then add/delete everything I want and finally make it into a flashable zip?

Edit: I just downloaded dsixda's kitchen and it doesn't work.

Is it only for Linux? If not, where can I download the windows version? If yes, I there a good windows kitchen that can open the updata.app?

Edited by iKrautDroid

Guest AntonioPT
I have been trying lots of roms lately and I noticed that the official 2.1 is (in my opinion) the fastest and most stable rom around. I installed it on my pulse, rooted it with z4 root and started editing it with root explorer. I'm very happy with these results and I want to make it into a flashable zip.

But how is this done?

Can I use dsixda's kitchen to unpack the update, root it, then add/delete everything I want and finally make it into a flashable zip?

Edit: I just downloaded dsixda's kitchen and it doesn't work.

Is it only for Linux? If not, where can I download the windows version? If yes, I there a good windows kitchen that can open the updata.app?

dsixda's kitchen only works on Linux. The methods for running it on Windows are using virtualization (running Ubuntu on Vmware/virtualbox) and cygwin, a linux compatibility layer. I would recommend you either to install ubuntu on virtualbox or on a separate partition.

Use this (http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/311344/repacking-updata-app-was-new-version-of-split-updata-pl/) script to unpack updata.app and then unyaffs to unpack system.img.

BTW, cooking roms can be hard on a beginner, why don't you try to start with a ROM like FLB?

Guest iKrautDroid
dsixda's kitchen only works on Linux. The methods for running it on Windows are using virtualization (running Ubuntu on Vmware/virtualbox) and cygwin, a linux compatibility layer. I would recommend you either to install ubuntu on virtualbox or on a separate partition.

Use this (http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/311344/repacking-updata-app-was-new-version-of-split-updata-pl/) script to unpack updata.app and then unyaffs to unpack system.img.

BTW, cooking roms can be hard on a beginner, why don't you try to start with a ROM like FLB?

I installed cygwin. How do I use the kitchen now?

BTW: If I dont try I'll never learn