FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest womble_sanfran
I flashed 10b y'day along with the Extra's and the GB Green Circle theme.

Firstly, I'd like to say it is a very nice ROM. I'm sure alot of hard work must go into making these.

Three things I've noticed if anyone has any comment:

1) Set the alarm this morning, but it didn't turn the phone on and go off. May be this is expected behaviour? Does setting the alarm meant to auto power on the phone, or do I have to leave it switched on for the Alarm to work?

2) There is no handset notification of any new Email/SMS/Calls when the phone is in sleep mode. Think I was used to my Experia X10 Mini flashing it's green light when I had a new notification. Is this expected behaviour for this ROM?

3) I received my first call on the phone just now, and I could hardly hear the caller with Volume on Max. I later did some tests and the handset is fine in 'speaker mode', fine when I plug headphones in, but the built-in Mic is always low level. It's possible my handset has a fault I'd not noticed before as only had it less than a week and I can't recall if I noticed this before. Although as the MIC works fine in Speaker Mode and also Rings fine etc... I'm not sure if it can be faulty? But has anyone else had problems with the Mic volume when making calls? (Not in Speaker mode)

These arent ROM problems, they are standard phone problems. Have a search of the forums and you will see that those issues are not ROM specific.

What phone did you have before, could you turn your old phone off and then it would turn itself on when it sounded your alarm? I use a mains powered alarm clock I got from argos for £5 and when I turn that off it doesnt wake me up so why would a phone be any different?

Guest dazbaz996
What phone did you have before, could you turn your old phone off and then it would turn itself on when it sounded your alarm? I use a mains powered alarm clock I got from argos for £5 and when I turn that off it doesnt wake me up so why would a phone be any different?

My old nokia phone would do this. I turn off the phone with the alarm set and it would turn itself on in the morning and sound the alarm. Nokia 2323, its not a smart phone model.

Guest rawly
These arent ROM problems, they are standard phone problems. Have a search of the forums and you will see that those issues are not ROM specific.

Yes my old Sony Ericsson device auto-powered on. Just got used to it I guess. Not sure about your alarm clock from Argos. Has it got a battery backup may be? ;-|

Guest Nyberg
I think if you install the Dialer One app, when you next go to use the dialer it'll ask you which one you want to use as default & tie it to the shortcut key.

Cheers, Paul

Thank you for replying! This was my thoughts to and how it's been working with other releases. however this is not the case with this release. It still uses the stock dialer with the phone even if there is more options available.

Guest rascas

I am suffering the battery drain problem, it seems as if installing a theme starts it. I reinstalled R10b with extras and battery seems ok.

Is this possible? I thought the themes just changed graphics.

Guest NorthRiding

All my "very old" Alcatel and "old" Sony Ericsson phones K510i/K750i/T303 alarms worked when set and switched off. They all woke me up when switched off HOWEVER the new age of smart phones is with us and they are not smart enough to work out that you want waking when you have switched it off. Perhaps it should be called the "sulk" mode when it doesn't talk to you. I also found out the hard way but it it the same with all the ones I know (smart phones) as I have found out when sleeping in ONCE.

Guest NorthRiding
I flashed 10b y'day along with the Extra's and the GB Green Circle theme.

Firstly, I'd like to say it is a very nice ROM. I'm sure alot of hard work must go into making these.

Three things I've noticed if anyone has any comment:

2) There is no handset notification of any new Email/SMS/Calls when the phone is in sleep mode. Think I was used to my Experia X10 Mini flashing it's green light when I had a new notification. Is this expected behaviour for this ROM?

Works ok for me, got the sound notification and also the led is flashing.

You have to set this in "Notifications" though - set it to do what you want it to do.

Guest tyrol_gangster
1. Sometimes the connection to the phone company completely drops (3G and 2G). So you cannot make calls anymore.

Seriously, can flibblesan or someone please look into this with high priority, this is a major setback although probably not FLB ROM-specific.

Guest rawly
Works ok for me, got the sound notification and also the led is flashing.

You have to set this in "Notifications" though - set it to do what you want it to do.

Oh right. Don't see any option for Flashing Lights in the Message Notificaton options, so have to search for how to do that.

Also I solved my Low Earpiece volume problem, there was still a bit of plastic over it LOL! :(

Guest rak007

I downloaded the latest r10b ROM and searched the system/app folder. There are few apps which i dont want to install as i never use them. Is is safe to remove these APKs from this ROM and then flash the ROM ??

Following APKs are the ones which i dont require

Gmail.apk

Voicesearch.apk

mms.apk

youtube.apk

Carhomegoogle.apk

carhomelauncher.apk

Barcode scanner.apk

Soundrecorder.apk

Notespad.apk

Guest cmberry20

anyone else getting a reboot issue?

I installed V10b on a friends phone & they gave me a call yesterday saying that there phone randomally restarts.

I've been using V6b since its release & its never restarted. I was just wondering if its an issue with the latest ROM?

Cheers

Guest dazbaz996
All my "very old" Alcatel and "old" Sony Ericsson phones K510i/K750i/T303 alarms worked when set and switched off. They all woke me up when switched off HOWEVER the new age of smart phones is with us and they are not smart enough to work out that you want waking when you have switched it off. Perhaps it should be called the "sulk" mode when it doesn't talk to you. I also found out the hard way but it it the same with all the ones I know (smart phones) as I have found out when sleeping in ONCE.

I like the idea of a sulk mode, can this be built into the rom :(

Guest targetbsp
I downloaded the latest r10b ROM and searched the system/app folder. There are few apps which i dont want to install as i never use them. Is is safe to remove these APKs from this ROM and then flash the ROM ??

Following APKs are the ones which i dont require

Gmail.apk

Voicesearch.apk

mms.apk

youtube.apk

Carhomegoogle.apk

carhomelauncher.apk

Barcode scanner.apk

Soundrecorder.apk

Notespad.apk

mms is text messaging in general - not just mms. So you probably don't want to remove that! The rest are safe to delete.

Guest crumplycord

Running very smooth on my device uptime now on 10b of 180hours battery life great only issue I have is that the screen will not auomatically turn off, ie if im using it then put it down the phone just stays as is until I hit the power button. This proves rather annoying for situations such as checking time or recieving a text message as my phone can go for long periods of time with the screen on without me knowing wasting battery. I have checked the seetings and the screen should turn off after 30secs I have also tried setting to 1minute and still the same issue. anyone else noticed this or got a solution?

Guest mirko2002

Hey Community,

i have a problem with all versions of this ROM... its negligible which version i tried.. i started this rom with version 7 and tried now all new versions till v10 but still the same problem:

Everything works fine - just MMS doesn't work. I come from Germany and my provider is E-Plus. All Internet settings and all MMS settings are correct. Internet works fine... but if i recieve a MMS the mobile phone isn't able to download the attachment... also if i try to send a MMS its not able to get a connection... but i don't know why. Everything seems correct. Same settings on mobile phones with original roms working great... but on this phone i give up. I have no idea why this doesn't work.

is anyone there and can help me in this situation?

Guest flangebasket

how long should this take on first boot after flashing?

its my first flash so be gentle.

it backed up and flashed fine, but now stuck on a looping animation for the past 30mins of rgby particles whizzing in and converging in the middle.

original post said first boot would be slow and sluggish, but this seems too slow.

am i kippered?

Guest sharix

Thats very weird

From today I can't receive any sms. I can still send them and they are delivered. I went to check APN settings and I found I can't edit them anymore. What is happening?

edit: I wiped data and I received all sms that were missing before. I hope it's fixed now.

Edited by sharix

Guest LordKickapoo

Hi!

I have a small question. In about phone and in there battery use, you should see what apps are using battery as percent, right?

At the moment i only have android system there, i used to have also cell standby, but now only android system.

So to the question. Shoul battery use also show apps like browser and angry birds and system apps like wifi??

Guest Stevvie
how long should this take on first boot after flashing?

its my first flash so be gentle.

it backed up and flashed fine, but now stuck on a looping animation for the past 30mins of rgby particles whizzing in and converging in the middle.

original post said first boot would be slow and sluggish, but this seems too slow.

am i kippered?

30 minutes is TOO long. I had this constant boot animation when updating from 9 to 10 and had to use clockwork to format my system partition and then restored my system partition from a back up and all was fine then.

Guest requies
All I know is I had hanging in all roms for months and buying it fixed it. :( There's also a whole thread about it in the main forum (rather than this rom sub-forum). It's worth it anyway for the speed up and auto restoring of apps. Manually restoring all those apps is a pain!!

The only way I know of is to theme it with a theme from before Frankish added the widget to all the FLB themes. I kept the theme I use for future use just in case. :( It's gingerbread green battery circle. If you want it I can upload it somewhere. It's the only theme I have so it's no good if you wanted another or no theme.

I tried mybackup root, the same thing,

As i said before on cm7 i do not have this problem

i got 60 hours with it, data - gps enabled all the time, some wifi and a few calls

Guest flangebasket

I ended up pulling the battery, then booting into clockwork and restoring from the backup i made before flashing.

so at least the phone is ok :(

Guest tamper

When I was using 9b I posted about the problems with stuttering audio when streaming over Bluetooth. I'm glad that with 10b the problem is much improved.

There's still an occasional stutter/dropout (I'd estimate about once every couple of minutes) which you might want to take a look at for the next revision, but overall it's much better!

Guest danmanbad
been using r10 for a few days and seemed fine, but last night when going to bed i had 56% battery, but run flat during night (within 8 hours) with everything turned off resulting in my alarm not going off and being late for work!!! anyone else have similar issues?

also when using google nav i've noticed that, if wifi is on and you enable gps, it loses the wifi connection.

look here http://android.modaco.com/content-page/323...rotip/page/100/

12 or 13 posts down the page post #113

Guest sharix
Thats very weird

From today I can't receive any sms. I can still send them and they are delivered. I went to check APN settings and I found I can't edit them anymore. What is happening?

edit: I wiped data and I received all sms that were missing before. I hope it's fixed now.

again I can't receive sms what to do?

Guest GreenTurbo

Super ROM, great work in creating a ROM which transforms the phone into a really powerful handset.

As another 2 posters have already commented I too am finding that running OpenVPN from the terminal crashes the handset. Anyone had any luck with OpenVPN on this ROM version 10b?