FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Miracle Boy
i have problem with this rom, i flash r10b and install launcher pro, and market not working any more, i can copy large file on my sd card because phone diconnect sd card whe i try to copy file

I had a similar problem with r10b after installing Launcher Pro. I tried clearing data and cache in LP and Market, browser etc... Nothing solved the problem, So I uninstalled LP and went back to ADW. Launcher & the Market, Browser etc started working again. No that likely to be ROM related, probably an issue with the current release of LP.

Hope this helps!!!

Guest samniotis

Yesterday at 20:00 my battery was on 13%, i didn't use my phone untill now at 15:46 and after 20 hours my battery show me 9%.

Total operation time is 79 hours including calls, 3g browsing,wifi browsing and other stuff!!!! This is just great or what!!!!

Thanks Flibblesan, Great Work!!!!!

ps: after flb10r installation i did a "wipe battery" from CWM with my battery at 0%

Edited by samniotis

Guest Rooster#1

After a bit of time, its apparent that my WIFI issues stem from the use of GPS ! When I exit an app that uses GPS, and toggle GPS to OFF.... the WIFI logo wakes up (on the power bar) and becomes flaky from then on, until a reboot !

Anyone else having these issues ?

Guest MikeRame

This a great ROM.

The only minor issue i found is that the stock launcher is choppy when is comes to switch between home screens. The app drawer is fast. I've tried other launchers from the market, those are fast and and smooth but with them the app drawer is choppy :D

Is there a way to fix this?

(I searched the forums and found someone who mentioned this, but I haven't found a reply to that.)

Guest Daimaah
Yesterday at 20:00 my battery was on 13%, i didn't use my phone untill now at 15:46 and after 20 hours my battery show me 9%.

Total operation time is 79 hours including calls, 3g browsing,wifi browsing and other stuff!!!! This is just great or what!!!!

Thanks Flibblesan, Great Work!!!!!

ps: after flb10r installation i did a "wipe battery" from CWM with my battery at 0%

At 0% or 100%? :D

Guest samniotis
At 0% or 100%? :D

at 0% - i let my phone to close itself and then i started the cwm to do the "wipe battery stats", then i reboot and charge with the phone closed

Guest Andymac1969
I get : phone reboot during navigation with JJ9 and Cyanmod RC2 (i also go this on FLB too)hmmm....

Mine rebooted on Navigation, takes me back to using my HTC Desire, that would reboot itself for fun. My Blade rebooted today, but it was baking hot, I imagine it was a heat issue rather than a ROM problem.

Andrew

Guest lesa0208

i flash r9b and i have problem with apps who installed on app2sd sometimes they disappear or not workin so i have to reboot my phone to back that apps to work, or install app again

Guest TheManicGibbon

Seems to work perfectly, except for one issue I have noticed, but can't find any mention of elsewhere. On my old ROM (which was the stock orange one), I would get notification text under the clock on the lockscreen. It would say things for example like "2 Missed Calls" or "1 New Message". I use Handcent and have been through the settings in both that and the stock app, but have made no progress. Can anyone help? This is the only thing that I want to change :(

EDIT: Also, is there any way to remove the power widget in the notification bar? I flashed the Gingerbread addon pack but I like the circle battery mod :D so I reflashed a Frankish theme. Basically, can I have a circular battery without the widget in the notification area? Sorry :(

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Poodha
so far rom is great but i have 2 major bugs

1) blade loose network with wifi on

2) phone reboot during navigation

Yes, I've got reboot a couple of times as well when using Sygic Aura. Also a couple of reboots when using the gallery and opening a picture heavy folder for the first time.

EDIT: Also, is there any way to remove the power widget in the notification bar? I flashed the Gingerbread addon pack but I like the circle battery mod :D so I reflashed a Frankish theme. Basically, can I have a circular battery without the widget in the notification area? Sorry :(

I was wondering this as well. =) I want to use the widget in the notification bar from widgetsoid instead, and looks redundant to have an extra bar then.

Edited by Poodha

Guest Poodha

I'm not sure whether this is ROM-related or not, but it stopped working after I switched to FLB. When I use my SonyEricsson MW600 BT-headset, I used to be able to fastforward in tracks when I used the standard player(but not in winamp, so it might not be a ROM issue) but it stopped working after switched to FLB. Anybody know what's wrong and how to fix it? It really is a missed feature when listening to audiobooks.

Guest SparkGlow

Hello Experts,

I have jnust rooted my Orange San Francisco, installed Blade recovery Manager, and Clock Work recovery. I am keen on installing the flb-froyo-blade-r10b.zip on my phone. A bit confused and apprehensive with the steps involved. Is there a detailed guide somewhere I can read and install the flb-froyo-blade-r10b.zip on my phone.

Please Help!

Cheers!

Tan

Guest surfatwork

download the r10b zip, check MD5 and copy to your micro-sd card. reboot phone holding down the vol- button. when clockwork comes up, wipe cache and do a factory reset. scroll down to "install zip from card". select your zip file and install. reboot. that's it.

More details here : http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/

Edited by surfatwork

Guest SparkGlow
download the r10b zip, check MD5 and copy to your micro-sd card. reboot phone holding down the vol- button. when clockwork comes up, wipe cache and do a factory reset. scroll down to "install zip from card". select your zip file and install. reboot. that's it.

More details here : http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/

Hi,

I did not check the MD5. How does one do that? I went into clockwork and installed the r10b zip. once completed I wipe the cache and did a factory reset as per stevenharpers guide. I rebooted the phone and the r10b loaded up. Everything seems to be fine but am not able to recieve or make calls. This is my wife's phone and she is screaming murder.

Pls help

Tan

Guest surfatwork
Hi,

I did not check the MD5. How does one do that? I went into clockwork and installed the r10b zip. once completed I wipe the cache and did a factory reset as per stevenharpers guide. I rebooted the phone and the r10b loaded up. Everything seems to be fine but am not able to recieve or make calls. This is my wife's phone and she is screaming murder.

Pls help

Tan

Did you wipe the cache AFTER you installed R10b? If so, that is not right. Go back to Clockwork, wipe the cache, do a factory reset and then install R10b. Reboot after you install.

The link above has instructions to check MD5.

Edited by surfatwork

Guest SparkGlow
Did you wipe the cache AFTER you installed R10b? If so, that is not right. Go back to Clockwork, wipe the cache, do a factory reset and then install R10b. Reboot after you install.

The link above has instructions to check MD5.

My Bad!

Will wipe cache and factory reset before installing R10b. I used recovery clockwork 2.5.1.8. blade but flibblesans post say, "ROM is compatible with all versions of Clockwork recovery. However you are strongly advised to updated recovery to at least 2.5.1.8 (3.0.0.5 preferred) if you are planning to use Apps2SD as the partitioning has been fixed in this version. You can get this here: Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5"

So should i use the 3.0.0.5 version or get along with 2.5.1.b version of recovery clockwork?

Thanks,

Tan

Guest surfatwork

doesnt matter. if the clockwork version is not compatible, the flash will fail. but generally, it is always better to use the latest version of Clockwork.

Guest ian_c_here
Hello Experts,

I have jnust rooted my Orange San Francisco, installed Blade recovery Manager, and Clock Work recovery. I am keen on installing the flb-froyo-blade-r10b.zip on my phone. A bit confused and apprehensive with the steps involved. Is there a detailed guide somewhere I can read and install the flb-froyo-blade-r10b.zip on my phone.

Please Help!

Cheers!

Tan

I used this guide here: http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/

I had never done this before but following the steps to the letter it worked first time. My advice would be to take your time and check each step before committing to an action.

good luck

Guest dazbaz996
Yeah, had a similar issue myself last night, had 100% battery charge going to bed last night and I was down to 52% 7 hours later, I can't remember if I killed all the tasks before I went to sleep. I will check again tonight, I was using the kindle app just before I put the phone down, normally it would only drain about 2 percent.

Best performance I got was when I put it in airplane mode going to sleep, I still had 100% charge in the morning. I have the tft osf running 10b.

An update on this. My battery kept draining on version 10b so I restored the firmware to the stock 2.1 with all the orange crap gone off it and 48 hours later my battery is at 54% after two days of moderate usage. With version 10b I would have possibly recharged twice by now with the same usage, so it is not my battery that is causing the problem.

I am in now way saying that there is anything wrong with flb G2, it is a great rom, but something is causing my battery to drain, it could be some app.

I did notice that there was a lot of network usage for the dialer with flb version 10b and none with the stock 2.1 rom.

Anyways, looking forward to version 11 from Fib, and thanks to Fib for all the hard work.

Guest oldfella
An update on this. My battery kept draining on version 10b so I restored the firmware to the stock 2.1 with all the orange crap gone off it and 48 hours later my battery is at 54% after two days of moderate usage. With version 10b I would have possibly recharged twice by now with the same usage, so it is not my battery that is causing the problem.

I am in now way saying that there is anything wrong with flb G2, it is a great rom, but something is causing my battery to drain, it could be some app.

I did notice that there was a lot of network usage for the dialer with flb version 10b and none with the stock 2.1 rom.

Anyways, looking forward to version 11 from Fib, and thanks to Fib for all the hard work.

I had this - its caused by Kindle as it doesnt sleep unless you close it, which means the phone doesnt sleep

Guest Hermodr

First i want to say thank you Flibble for this really great firmware!

i' am using since the r9 and have some questions...

First, when i use a common headphone, without microphone, when i get a call i have to unplug the headphone to talk because the cellphone mic is disabled.

Second, another thing with common headphone is when i get a call the phone rings on the headphone and on the speaker of the phone.

This things can be changed?

Now a strange behavior, when i lock my screen, my Wi-Fi always sleeps and when i unlock this come back again... I have changed the "Wi-fi sleep policy" to never but still this insue...

Anyone experiencing something similar?

Thanks again Flibble and anyone who can help.

P.S.: Sorry for my poor english, i' am brazillian.

Guest m_w_clarke
Now a strange behavior, when i lock my screen, my Wi-Fi always sleeps and when i unlock this come back again... I have changed the "Wi-fi sleep policy" to never but still this insue...

Anyone experiencing something similar?

Again. Please search this forum, especially this topic - as this has been asked around 100 times! Yes, its normal behaviour n Android 2.2. If you want the wifi to stay on, whilst the screen is off, get "wifi fix" from the Market. But expect your battery life to shoot downwards.