FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Yes, sadly it's an issue with the phone itself that the wifi will always sleep regardless of the settings. the blade wifi fix will preventing this but will use more battery.

Anyway I thought I'd give a little update for people wondering if I've given up on the ROM.

Superuser has been completely updated using the original files from ChainsDD and so far there aren't any issues with loss of root. I will continue to monitor this though.

Notification bar drop down now looks a lot better.

Some GPS settings have been altered to resolve some issues. Wiper has been disabled in gps.conf and the default time server changed to the original setting. This should result in working gps for most people but initial positioning may be slow if you are not using agps.

Wifi has been looked at along with the loss of cell signal issue.

Battery life has been a priority to improve. I've been working on some kernel modifications to improve this. IO Scheduler changed to BFQ and the default governor changed to 'smartass' which improves battery life with no loss of performance. The smartass governor automatically drops CPU speed to the minimum value when the screen is turned off . I've tested this with MP3 playback and it causes no problems. Of course this can be changed to the original governor by using SetCPU or No Frills CPU Control if you desire.

I don't have an ETA for release of r11 at the moment and I'm sorry if people are disappointed by this. I want to ensure r11 works correctly for most people and not rush a release out which has some silly bugs.

Guest nemiers

thanks flibblesan.

Better more stable rom and released later.

I found that if battery drains fast with not much use then reboot helps to slow drain down.

I did not do ''reset battery stats'' but just charged phone once turned off, since then battery life is ok for me.

With not so much use lasts easy 3 days.

Guest Lew247

flibblesan what version of the facebook aspp is in the rom?

When I installed the rom 1st (r10b) I had terrible battery life

I deleted the facebook app from /system/app rebooted the phone

then downloaded the facebook app from the market again and installed it

set it to update every 30 minutes and its been great

at teh moment its been 20 56m 37s since it was plugged into the computer/charger and I still have 76% battery left

admittedly the only thing I've done with the phone is a few sessions on facebook, and couple of 5 minute calls but I can't fault the battery life now

The only thing I did when was make certain the battery was totally 100% charged before installing the rom

Guest fillo

hi guys..

currently got sebs 2.1 r8 rom installed on my blade.

downloaded this flb froyo r10b rom.

to install it, do i simply copy it onto sd card, flash it using clockwork then wipe cache and factory reset (both using clockwork)?

is that the way to get this ROM on my phone?

thanks ppl :D

Guest Special Kev
Seems to work perfectly, except for one issue I have noticed, but can't find any mention of elsewhere. On my old ROM (which was the stock orange one), I would get notification text under the clock on the lockscreen. It would say things for example like "2 Missed Calls" or "1 New Message". I use Handcent and have been through the settings in both that and the stock app, but have made no progress. Can anyone help? This is the only thing that I want to change :D

EDIT: Also, is there any way to remove the power widget in the notification bar? I flashed the Gingerbread addon pack but I like the circle battery mod :D so I reflashed a Frankish theme. Basically, can I have a circular battery without the widget in the notification area? Sorry :(

Flibblesan - Superb ROM, only just upgraded and loving it.

Like TheManicGibbon, I also miss the "2 Missed Calls" or "1 New Message" notification. Is there any way to activate this? I do miss this :((

Thanks again for the ROM, Special K

FLBr10, LauncherPro

snap20110314202639.jpg

Guest Hermodr
First, when i use a common headphone, without microphone, when i get a call i have to unplug the headphone to talk because the cellphone mic is disabled.

Second, another thing with common headphone is when i get a call the phone rings on the headphone and on the speaker of the phone.

This things can be changed?

Flibble, and this peculiarity, you or anyone have noticed that?

And thanks for the "Blade Wifi fix" tip...

Guest TheManicGibbon

"And I will produce a small add-on to remove this completely for anybody that doesn't like it."

Does this mean you can produce a zip to flash that will remove the notification power widget? Sounds good, that's the only thing I'm not overly keen on about this ROM...I agree it is useful but not quite what I'm used to :D

I have read that flashing an old frankish theme can get rid of this..but I can't seem to find any download links to these that work..?

Keep up the excellent work :(

Guest hydrophonic76

have the same problem with the common headphone... call rings only on the headphone, so i cant hear the ring when im driving.

Guest Simon O

at teh moment its been 20 56m 37s since it was plugged into the computer/charger and I still have 76% battery left

admittedly the only thing I've done with the phone is a few sessions on facebook, and couple of 5 minute calls but I can't fault the battery life now

The only thing I did when was make certain the battery was totally 100% charged before installing the rom

Now I move the facebook app to the extras zip and it should be the latest version.

Guest BillBong

Just moved up to 10b from 8a and liking it so far. No real issues to what's already been noted.

Thanks for the time you spend in producing these!

Guest arpakyna
First, when i use a common headphone, without microphone, when i get a call i have to unplug the headphone to talk because the cellphone mic is disabled.

Agreed on the issue (which probably is a general one and not FLB froyo spesific, I remember stock ROM having the same problem). It would be awesome if this could be fixed, though.

Related quirk is that headset button with stock player defaults to play/pause instead of skipping to the next track like on most other phones. I find that much more useful, but I don't know if anyone agrees with me or if it's even doable to change the behaviour.

Edited by arpakyna

Guest sorcie

I've used USB tether several times and not had any problems.. but tonight it wont have it at all!

Turning it on causes the phone to freeze and then reboot :D

I tried wiping cache and dalvik cache but this made no difference..

Any ideas what could be causing it?

Using FLB r8a btw..

Guest mrz_hun

I am experiencing intermittent loss of phone service. Has anyone else seen this?

I woke up this morning, and the cell signal level was 0, and the notification dropdown said No service T-Mobile H.

Going into the wireless and network settings, and searchinf for providers, restores the phone service again, (I have maximum service level.)

I think this happens sometimes when the phone comes back from deep sleep, but I can not confirm this.

I did not have this issue with Seb's de-crossed ROM :D.

Guest Lew247

at the moment its been 20 56m 37s since it was plugged into the computer/charger and I still have 76% battery left

At the moment its been 1d 8h 33s and its on 70% battery

That includes getting a facebook message come through while I was sleeping

Can't fault the battery life

Oh I remember one other thing I did - I turned 3G off its on GSM only (no 3G coverage here despite being in Manchester!!

Guest simonsays1

I'm also experiencing low signal and sometimes complete network signal loss(on 3 UK).

I booted one of my Blades running 10b yesterday, didnt touch it at all and a couple of hours later woke it up to find no service, I checked battery stats and it said time without signal=100%.

I find that toggling Wifi and GPS in the top widget bar can bring back the network signal, as can doing a search in wireless and network settings.

I'm in an area that has good signal strength and the phones are sitting right on the window ledge.

Apart from the signal issue everything else is perfect for me.

My Blades are both UK OSF TFT models, about 6 weeks old.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I'm also experiencing low signal and sometimes complete network signal loss(on 3 UK).

I booted one of my Blades running 10b yesterday, didnt touch it at all and a couple of hours later woke it up to find no service, I checked battery stats and it said time without signal=100%.

I find that toggling Wifi and GPS in the top widget bar can bring back the network signal, as can doing a search in wireless and network settings.

I'm in an area that has good signal strength and the phones are sitting right on the window ledge.

Apart from the signal issue everything else is perfect for me.

My Blades are both UK OSF TFT models, about 6 weeks old.

Press the power button to put the phone to sleep, then press power again, and the network bars will appear again.

Guest mrz_hun

I wonder if this is just a display issue, or is the phone really dropped off the network. If it's the latter, then I think this is quite serious :D.

Btw. it also shows "Time without signal: 100%" in the battery use details screen for me, even after a reboot, and having no drops of service since then.

Guest Nyberg

I'm getting this bug free! And it's flying, gps works for me now!!

I have seen one problem, if I use the application for rebooting the device that is shipped with the rom, NoFrills CPU complaints it was shutdown in a bad way and will not start the application. If I use the power button on the phone and choose shutdown and then restart it by pressing the button, NoFrills CPU will start as expected.

Edited by Nyberg

Guest rak007

The nofrills CPU app lets us overclock the phone upto 806 Mhz. Need to know till what point above 600 Mhz is it safe to overclock ?

Will the overclocking affect the battery life drastically ?

Also incase i overclock it more (or say max of 806 Mhz) what are the possibilities of happening ?

I dont want to brick my phone so am concerned.

Guest Nyberg

Another question about USB tethering.

How can I do usb tethering? I have the wifi tethering working. But I would like to be able to usb teether also. On my HTC Desire, I can choose what to do with my phone by accessing the usb status icon. There i can choose between usb tethering and mount as a disc, but on the SF I only have the possibility to choose mount from the usb icon.

Guest firebrother

A question on the notification bar power widget (the 0x90 Mod)

can i customize the buttons so that i can add the button for switching between silent/vibrate only/ringtone modes, and also remove some of the buttons i don't use?