SD Card Problem

Guest Geordie Stew

Guest Geordie Stew

Hey folks.

Sorry that my first post is an "I need help, I've broken it" post, but...

I just bought my Mum an Advent Vega for her birthday tomorrow. I was trying to set it up and basically screwed the SD card, apparently.

I go into Settings - SD card and device blah..."Mount SD card" is in white. So is "Format SD card". When I try to do Mount, nothing happens. When I do Format, a confirmation comes up followed by another confirmation and then nothing happens.

Any suggestions? I don't have a card reader that I can use to format it at the moment but suppose it's not too late to go to PC World.

Thanks in advance

Stew

Guest Country Bumkin

Sorry it's a bit of a late reply but I had the same problem when I had the stock 1.08 firmware on my Vega.

I ended up formatting the card in my PC and it worked fine.

When I changed to the new 1.09 version I again tried to format the card (just to try it :huh: ) and this time it formatted fine, so it might be worth checking what firmware is installed and if it's the older 1.08, download and upgrade to 1.09.

Guest Lennyuk
Sorry it's a bit of a late reply but I had the same problem when I had the stock 1.08 firmware on my Vega.

I ended up formatting the card in my PC and it worked fine.

When I changed to the new 1.09 version I again tried to format the card (just to try it :huh: ) and this time it formatted fine, so it might be worth checking what firmware is installed and if it's the older 1.08, download and upgrade to 1.09.

Android tends to say that the card is corrupt if it detects even a single bad file, if you can read the card in windows or linux then you can try to fin the bad file and remove that one file, if its a widespread issue just format the card on your pc and place it back into the vega.

Guest Geordie Stew
Android tends to say that the card is corrupt if it detects even a single bad file, if you can read the card in windows or linux then you can try to fin the bad file and remove that one file, if its a widespread issue just format the card on your pc and place it back into the vega.

I brought the SD card into work today and sorted it. Hopefully! Thanks for your support :huh:

Guest Bradmax57
I brought the SD card into work today and sorted it. Hopefully! Thanks for your support :huh:

Was about to say the same as others, format it in a pc as fat32 and stick it back in vega should be ok, i did the same last night, unmouted and tried to format it in the vega and it wouldnt recognise the card, ive had the same on my desire before must be a quirk in the android o/s?

• 7 months later...
Guest Vivienne S

I too have accidentally formatted / erased my SD card....its reassuring to hear I can reformat it but had you guys saved a copy of what was on the original or can I replace the contents with better programmes downloaded from this site? I am worried that even when reformatted I will be missing vital folders/files that I erased accidentally. Thanks for your help.