DE 2.1 ROM mod "starter kit"

Guest twrock

Guest twrock

I currently have no intention of supporting this or working with it. Maybe someday when I have some more time I'll change my mind and try to build a rom I like with it. But for now, if you are into this sort of thing, and enjoy building your own rom, here you go.

DE2.1mod00

Note: This is not intended for newbie consumption, and I'm not going to write up a long "how to make use of this" set of instructions.

Modifications:

Four language packs and DocsToGo moved to /data/app

Root

SU

Busybox

DT A2SD

Added "v00" to name in build.prop

(I think that's it)

No swap (because I don't know [want to re-learn] how to do that)

Ok, now back to Froyo. :huh:

Edit: Incidentally, 99mb of free space is nothing to sneeze at. Looks like they did do a nice job with this rom.

Edited by twrock

Guest iKrautDroid
I currently have no intention of supporting this or working with it. Maybe someday when I have some more time I'll change my mind and try to build a rom I like with it. But for now, if you are into this sort of thing, and enjoy building your own rom, here you go.

DE2.1mod00

Note: This is not intended for newbie consumption, and I'm not going to write up a long "how to make use of this" set of instructions.

Modifications:

Root

SU

Busybox

DT A2SD

(I think that's it)

No swap (because I don't know how to do that)

Ok, now back to Froyo. :)

Edit: Incidentally, 99mb of free space is nothing to sneeze at. Looks like they did do a nice job with this rom.

I was having so much fun making my own 2.1 rom. Now you did all the work for me :huh:

just kidding :P

this looks great!

Guest iKrautDroid

DE2.1mod00

Modifications:

Root

SU

Busybox

DT A2SD

(I think that's it)

and one more thing:

How can I remove dt a2sd because i want to use link2sd for my rom.

Guest twrock
hello please Would you overclock your CPU you to 691Mh

From the first post: "I currently have no intention of supporting this or working with it." Maybe someone else will.

Guest iKrautDroid

DE2.1mod00

Modifications:

Root

SU

Busybox

DT A2SD

(I think that's it)

twrock please tell me how to get rid of darktremor!

Guest twrock
twrock please tell me how to get rid of darktremor!

If all you want is root, just use z4root (from the market).

Or, I can rebuild it leaving out DT A2SD, but only if I'm in a good mood....... :huh:

Actually, now that I discovered that my "kitchen" still works, it's not that hard. Maybe I'll have some time.......sometime.

Guest iKrautDroid
If all you want is root, just use z4root (from the market).

Or, I can rebuild it leaving out DT A2SD, but only if I'm in a good mood....... :huh:

Actually, now that I discovered that my "kitchen" still works, it's not that hard. Maybe I'll have some time.......sometime.

wich kitchen? Dsixdas

Guest twrock
wich kitchen? Dsixdas

Yes. And buried deep in the JMOD thread is an old post on how I used it. There stuff in there you probably don't want, but maybe it will be of help to you.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1425509

But......, just because I wanted a distraction from thinking about work tonight, I did it. (And I'll expect you spend at least a few seconds sending good thoughts my way.) :huh:

This version has:

Root

Bootanimation enabled

/data/app enabled

Four language packs moved to /data/app

"root" added to the end of the name in build.prop

That's it, nothing more. NOTE: this is completely untested by me. Use this entirely at your own risk.

Download link

Guest iKrautDroid
Yes. And buried deep in the JMOD thread is an old post on how I used it. There stuff in there you probably don't want, but maybe it will be of help to you.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1425509

But......, just because I wanted a distraction from thinking about work tonight, I did it. (And I'll expect you spend at least a few seconds sending good thoughts my way.) :huh:

This version has:

Root

Bootanimation enabled

/data/app enabled

Four language packs moved to /data/app

"root" added to the end of the name in build.prop

That's it, nothing more. NOTE: this is completely untested by me. Use this entirely at your own risk.

Download link

sending good thoughts your way!

Edited by iKrautDroid

Guest Fulcrum_X

A bit oftopic, but I was looking for Z4root in the market but couldn't find it. I downloaded it from XDA but when I try to open it, it gives a parse error. Did enable USB Debugging option (somebody @ XDA said it was needed). Did I do something wrong?

Would be nice if I could move some apps to /system to create a bit more space. Is that really easy to do with root explorer or super manager? I might try your ROM next week twrock :-)

Edited by Fulcrum_X

Guest twrock
A bit oftopic, but I was looking for Z4root in the market but couldn't find it. I downloaded it from XDA but when I try to open it, it gives a parse error. Did enable USB Debugging option (somebody @ XDA said it was needed). Did I do something wrong?

Would be nice if I could move some apps to /system to create a bit more space. Is that really easy to do with root explorer or super manager? I might try your ROM next week twrock :-)

Hmm, I could have sworn I got it off the Market. It was a simple install for me, and it "just worked". Yes, USB debugging has to be enabled. It's pretty cool. You can temporarily root (reverts with a reboot) or permanently root. After that, you can make use of Root Explorer to do all sorts of modifications to the phone. It's almost like rom building on the fly. But some times things go badly if you are modifying while running at the same time. I suspect you shouldn't change too much and you should reboot into recovery and clear the cache after changes. Maybe there is an app that clears the cache without rebooting? I don't know. I only messed around with this method for a short time. I guess I'm just used to the way I've always done it.

Hmm, you are right. It's not there now on the Market. Maybe Google killed it. It really is a "too powerful" tool. Apparently I did not make a backup of it before I restored my nandroid backup, so I can't upload it. Sorry.

Guest twrock
Isn't the kernel the same with the uk one?

Just asking... :)

Yes, I believe it is. However, there may be something else going on here. There is a possibility that I created the wrong rom! :(

I'm messing around with the new UK 2.1 rom at the moment, so I don't want to go back to check, but I might have inadvertently started with the wrong dload to create this mod. If I did, I have no idea what it is. Sorry if that is a major problem for anyone, but I really have no idea what is going on with this rom. It might be what I said it was, but it might not be. Who knows?!!

I guess old people shouldn't try to multi-task. :(