Left streak on car after getting gas, flew off at 60mph+

Guest Keatonreckard

Guest Keatonreckard

ill upload some pictures asap..

basically i was in a hurry and put my phone on the car as i got gas quickly, jumped back in and took off toward my house..

about 30 seconds later, and going around 80mph i realized my phone wasnt in the seat beside me, i quickly pulled over and looked on the roof, not there.

pulled a U turn and drove back toward the gas station, about halfway there i saw my streak, what looked like 2 pieces of it in the road with cars going over top of it.

i pulled up beside it and put my 4 ways on and jumped out, grabbed the phone (laying face up) and the otterbox impact series case, whcih was about 15 feet back from the phone. jumped back in my car and somehow the phone turned on, not expecting the touchscreen to work i tried the slider to unlock, and it worked.

i also have a zagg shield knockoff on the entire phone, the back is a little scratched but mostly on the shield, only one little corner has a gound down part. not really sure how it all happened, somehow it hit the ground, came out of the case and slid on its back, the front has no damage whatsoever.

so heres my otterbox testimonial, if you dont have one get one. i think i got mine for like $8 on amazon. just figuerd id let you guys know.

Guest satanix
ill upload some pictures asap..

basically i was in a hurry and put my phone on the car as i got gas quickly, jumped back in and took off toward my house..

about 30 seconds later, and going around 80mph i realized my phone wasnt in the seat beside me, i quickly pulled over and looked on the roof, not there.

pulled a U turn and drove back toward the gas station, about halfway there i saw my streak, what looked like 2 pieces of it in the road with cars going over top of it.

i pulled up beside it and put my 4 ways on and jumped out, grabbed the phone (laying face up) and the otterbox impact series case, whcih was about 15 feet back from the phone. jumped back in my car and somehow the phone turned on, not expecting the touchscreen to work i tried the slider to unlock, and it worked.

i also have a zagg shield knockoff on the entire phone, the back is a little scratched but mostly on the shield, only one little corner has a gound down part. not really sure how it all happened, somehow it hit the ground, came out of the case and slid on its back, the front has no damage whatsoever.

so heres my otterbox testimonial, if you dont have one get one. i think i got mine for like $8 on amazon. just figuerd id let you guys know.

wow.. talk about a close call... might have to consider the otterbox... good to hear your streak's still working

Guest Stephen Hyde

Damn thats impressive. My streaks been dropped more time than I can count with no serious damage though. And thata ontoconcretr floor tiles

Guest superutp

Nice..impressive...cant wait to drop mine...and write a story about how it survived...:huh:

Edited by superutp

Guest undrwater

It's good to hear these stories after so many of the "it broke while I was breathing on it" stories.. I've dropped mine a few times now as well without issue. My toddler son even covered it completely in Dessitin (commuter case as well.

If Dell improves QC and advertising, they may be able to build a fan base around their android devices..

Guest The Fixer

I drop mine at least once a day, it's in an Otterbox Defender... Now here is my philosophical question... 49 ten times out of 50, the reason it get's dropped is because it pop's out of the Otterbox belt clip.. now if it wasn't in the defender case, I could fit it in my pocket and wouldn't drop it (I never dropped my E90 EVER). BUT... if I did HAPPEN to drop it without the defender on it, it would NOT fair well at all.... What would you do?

Edited by The Fixer

Guest Spike8585

Wow.

This story reminds me of what my wife did to my 2-day-old macbook pro.

Didn't turn out to be as happy an ending.

Glad your baby is alright. :(

Guest Wee Thomas

My streak has survived numerous drops, though two of them ended up being fatal for the lcd, one on a playground with concrete ground, the other (also onto concrete) outside the computer science building. After ordering the replacement lcd (for the second time!), I bought an otterbox defender case as well. That case is a monster, but I feel between the inherent ruggedness of the streak and the case, I should be well protected from now on.