Pulse very unstable on new official 2.1

Guest BarrySamuels

Guest BarrySamuels

I got my Pulse last August, updated to the December 1.5 upgrade, and installed Co-Pilot Live but discovered that it would run only for a short time before causing the phone to reboot. I eventually uninstalled Co-Pilot.

When I installed the recent 2.1 update the phone became very unstable and wouldn't run for longer than 2 hours without rebooting and very often it would run for much less than that sometimes going into a boot loop that required removal of the battery.

I've now downgraded to 1.5 and the phone is much more stable but I have noticed that if I use some sort of map application together with GPS then scrolling around on the screen can cause a reboot but not always.

Could there be a fault with the phone that is causing all these problems or is there something I could try if I re-apply the 2.1 update?

Guest CarpetDiem
I got my Pulse last August, updated to the December 1.5 upgrade, and installed Co-Pilot Live but discovered that it would run only for a short time before causing the phone to reboot. I eventually uninstalled Co-Pilot.

When I installed the recent 2.1 update the phone became very unstable and wouldn't run for longer than 2 hours without rebooting and very often it would run for much less than that sometimes going into a boot loop that required removal of the battery.

I've now downgraded to 1.5 and the phone is much more stable but I have noticed that if I use some sort of map application together with GPS then scrolling around on the screen can cause a reboot but not always.

Could there be a fault with the phone that is causing all these problems or is there something I could try if I re-apply the 2.1 update?

Try to do a factory reset after(or before) installing the 2.1 update

Guest BarrySamuels
Try to do a factory reset after(or before) installing the 2.1 update

I tried a factory reset after the upgrade when I realised I had problems but it didn't make the slightest difference. Would a factory reset before the upgrade really have any effect?

Guest twrock
I tried a factory reset after the upgrade when I realised I had problems but it didn't make the slightest difference. Would a factory reset before the upgrade really have any effect?

I saw some strange installation "behavior" while testing both the new DE and UK updates, stuff I never saw before with other official updates. But since it seemed to act differently on multiple attempts, and since I didn't think to look for the pattern, I can't know what was really going on.

Basically, I had it finish the install (and then I needed to pull the battery to reboot), but then start to act like it was bootlooping, and eventually drop me into recovery, where it proceeded to format data and cache, but then sat there until I pulled the battery again, and then it finally booted into the new rom. So it seems there are circumstances where the installation is triggered to wipe data and cache. But not always. On other attempts, I saw none of this behavior.

In any case, I would suggest you not simply assume you've done all you could to get a good install from either of these two official updates. I'd try multiple methods before I made a final assessment. But as always, YMMV.