i have some questions

Guest iKrautDroid

Guest iKrautDroid
Which one? I don't have a lot of faith in those two roms. Seriously.

No mobile?! That's a serious problem. A phone needs to have mobile. :(

But really, there is no way I'm going to know what you have or haven't done while trying to build your rom. Some of this is complicated. I have a hard enough time figuring out what I did wrong when I'm the one doing it.

I can not over-emphasize that you go back and carefully read that post I linked to and also the whole string of stuff that we were discussing back then. It was a lot of hard work for a couple of noobs to get this stuff working, and that was with Flibblesan's significant help. Also, don't try to do too much at one time. If you make too many changes, you can't figure out what caused the problems.

If you have your kitchen set up correctly, things should work out fairly routinely. However, if you don't know how to copy wpa_isupplicant.conf where it belongs, forget about having a working wifi. That information is in that post too. But I never ran into no mobile at all. That's a whole lot bigger problem.

I've got a working UK2.1 mod, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it, even enough to release it as a beta for people to play with. I still get acore warnings on the first boot and I haven't even touched the horrid Contacts app. I think maybe I'll build it again and leave out the swap kernel and lowmem killer tweaks this time. Choices, choices.

have rebuilt my rom around the uk 2.1. I added some apps, terminal emulator fix, the new openGE ls and espresso mod framework. I also extracted the green touchpal from flb. Much better than the pink one.

But I would like to update the gapps (especially the tmobile music app).

Where can I get them?

Guest iKrautDroid

I have extracted my roms boot.img using option number 20 in dsixdas kitchen.

It creates a boot extracted folder. In this folder there is a ramdisk folder and a file named zImage.

What is the kernel?

Guest AntonioPT
I have extracted my roms boot.img using option number 20 in dsixdas kitchen.

It creates a boot extracted folder. In this folder there is a ramdisk folder and a file named zImage.

What is the kernel?

zImage is the kernel.

Guest iKrautDroid
have rebuilt my rom around the uk 2.1. I added some apps, terminal emulator fix, the new openGE ls and espresso mod framework. I also extracted the green touchpal from flb. Much better than the pink one.

But I would like to update the gapps (especially the tmobile music app).

Where can I get them?

Please help!I need new gapps!

Ps thanks antonio

Edited by iKrautDroid

Guest AntonioPT
Please help!I need new gapps!

Ps thanks antonio

The music player is not a part of gapps. Gapps = Market, YouTube, Maps, GMail, etc...

If you want to update the "true" gapps, you can do it through the market.

If you want to replace the t-mobile music player with a stock aosp one, you can download an AOSP 2.1 ROM for a device similar to ours, e.g. Hero, and extract the apks you want.

Guest iKrautDroid
The music player is not a part of gapps. Gapps = Market, YouTube, Maps, GMail, etc...

If you want to update the "true" gapps, you can do it through the market.

If you want to replace the t-mobile music player with a stock aosp one, you can download an AOSP 2.1 ROM for a device similar to ours, e.g. Hero, and extract the apks you want.

Thanks. Whats the best place to get a rom like that?

Guest iKrautDroid

I cant get dark tremor a2sd working on the tmobils de update.

Select add a2sd in dsixdas kitchen. Then I flash the rom and I get stuck on the android screen ( you know, with android in silver letters)

Guest twrock
I cant get dark tremor a2sd working on the tmobils de update.

Select add a2sd in dsixdas kitchen. Then I flash the rom and I get stuck on the android screen ( you know, with android in silver letters)

Here's one idea to consider: remember, every time you want to add something to an already full rom, you'd better take something away first.

Guest iKrautDroid
Here's one idea to consider: remember, every time you want to add something to an already full rom, you'd better take something away first.

I know. When a2sd didnt work in my rom I unpacked the original update and added a2sd. Didnt work either!

Please help me fix this! Is there anything I have to edit in the ramdisk?

What?

thx in advance!

Guest twrock
Please help!

Why aren't you letting the kitchen do the work for you?! :(

Basically:

Unpack the dload/updata.app (if you need this, I can send it to you, but you really should learn how to do this step first anyway)

Use that boot.img and system.img as your base

Run the kitchen script

Do EVERYTHING you want to accomplish via the kitchen that you can, that includes installing apps2sd

Then after it has zipped up that rom for you, unzip it separately and start to modify it, but only do the bare minimum of modification the first time.

The "bare minimum" is nothing more than........

1. delete enough stuff out of /system to get its size down to whatever will fit in the /system partition of your official update

2. fix the wifi problem by copying wpa_supplicant.conf to /system/etc/wifi (you are doing this, right?)

With only these two thing to modify post-kitchen, I can have a fully functioning rom without doing anything else to it. It just works.

Do only this, and then test your rom. Only after you are sure things are working, go ahead and start to do all that other stuff like theming, adding obscure apps, bootanimations, etc. Just remember not to increase the total size of what will end up in /system.

Guest iKrautDroid
Why aren't you letting the kitchen do the work for you?! :(

Basically:

Unpack the dload/updata.app (if you need this, I can send it to you, but you really should learn how to do this step first anyway)

Use that boot.img and system.img as your base

Run the kitchen script

Do EVERYTHING you want to accomplish via the kitchen that you can, that includes installing apps2sd

Then after it has zipped up that rom for you, unzip it separately and start to modify it, but only do the bare minimum of modification the first time.

The "bare minimum" is nothing more than........

1. delete enough stuff out of /system to get its size down to whatever will fit in the /system partition of your official update

2. fix the wifi problem by copying wpa_supplicant.conf to /system/etc/wifi (you are doing this, right?)

With only these two thing to modify post-kitchen, I can have a fully functioning rom without doing anything else to it. It just works.

Do only this, and then test your rom. Only after you are sure things are working, go ahead and start to do all that other stuff like theming, adding obscure apps, bootanimations, etc. Just remember not to increase the total size of what will end up in /system.

Dude, how can I make this any clearer!

Darktremor a2sd is not working on the de update! I added it with kitchen and it gets stuck on the android screnn (doesnt boot)

Guest twrock
Dude, how can I make this any clearer!

Darktremor a2sd is not working on the de update! I added it with kitchen and it gets stuck on the android screnn (doesnt boot)

Dude, how can I make this any clearer, it worked for me with the DE update! :( (I did exactly that to make sure it worked.)

Oh well then, whatever you can do to get it work, good luck.

Guest iKrautDroid
Dude, how can I make this any clearer, it worked for me with the DE update! :( (I did exactly that to make sure it worked.)

Oh well then, whatever you can do to get it work, good luck.

You sure?

Somebody said your de mod may have been built on the uk update

Isn't the kernel the same with the uk one?

Just asking...

Guest twrock
You sure?

Somebody said your de mod may have been built on the uk update

That was me saying that, so, yes, I am very aware that was a possibility.

I went back for my own curiosity and redownloaded the DE rom to make sure I was using the right one. The resulting mod worked fine, but it only worked "fine", nothing special (and nothing more special than the new UK rom that I can see, so maybe you can consider trying that one as you base?). Is there any outside chance that there is more than one DE 2.1 rom? I got my copy straight from the TMo German website.

But I see very little value in producing yet another 2.1 rom, when so many are already available and more are being made (yours included). And if I wanted to go back to 2.1, I'd just go back to my previous TWeak 2.1 mod based on the Tre rom. With everything I learned from modding CM6.1, I think I could tweak that one to be an even better rom now. Or, who knows, maybe I would just build another one based on the new UK or DE for personal use. Too bad I deleted all of my work with both of those roms to make room in my "limited space" kitchen. (Note to self: next time, give yourself more space in your Linux development machine.)

But after all is said and done, the current CM6 rom I'm running is simply more stable, faster, and feature-rich than any of the other roms I've tried. So I currently have no motivation to do any more work on 2.1. In addition, I've lost motivation to even do more work on 2.2 (other than one possible simple update to add the camera fix and Apps2SD gui to the TWeak0.3.2-CM6.1 rom, but I think I'll wait for the next a2sd gui update before doing that). Otherwise, I think I'll just keep updating my personal rom, (maybe Antonio's rom is worth updating to?), or, better yet, maybe Tom's CM7 will be even better than what we've already got.

But I really need to stop wasting spending so much time around here. :( Cheers.