Went to CyanogenMod, lost Gmaps...?

Guest sixball

Guest sixball

So, yes, tired of the internal memory issues and bored at the end of a long week I decided to root my HTC Desire and go for the much vaunted CyanogenMod a couple of weeks ago. Unrevoked3 and ROM manager should have made the process foolproof but I clearly managed to fudge something along the way...

It generally works fine except I can't install Google Maps from the marketplace. It basically gives up almost immediately on download with a log message about 'not enough space in internal download storage'.

I can't remember exactly what I did which might have screwed things up but I did repartition the 32GB sdcard to take full advantage and I missed the radio flashing step first time round.

If anyone could suggest what I did wrong and how to fix it I'd be hugely grateful!

Si

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TangoEight
So, yes, tired of the internal memory issues and bored at the end of a long week I decided to root my HTC Desire and go for the much vaunted CyanogenMod a couple of weeks ago. Unrevoked3 and ROM manager should have made the process foolproof but I clearly managed to fudge something along the way...

It generally works fine except I can't install Google Maps from the marketplace. It basically gives up almost immediately on download with a log message about 'not enough space in internal download storage'.

I can't remember exactly what I did which might have screwed things up but I did repartition the 32GB sdcard to take full advantage and I missed the radio flashing step first time round.

If anyone could suggest what I did wrong and how to fix it I'd be hugely grateful!

Si

Internal storage is separate from the sd card

check how much you have left in

settings > SD and phone storage

if you dont have much left you might need to move some apps to your sd card

settings > applications > manage applications > [app name] > move to SD

Edited by TangoEight