Web Filtering on Android tablet

Guest SinisterDen

Guest SinisterDen

Does anyone know if there are any web filtering apps available for android. My old son is looking for a tablet and I want to know if there is any software out there that I can use to protect him from unsuitable content on the Web. He is entering that curious age. I currently use K9 software on my PC and it works great and they have an iphone/ipad version but do not appear to have gotten round to releasing a Android version. Thought it looks like they are working on it.

It appears that for most android phones it is the telecomms supplier that enables this filtering but obviously that will not work for a tablet.

If anyone is aware of anything that would be useful. Alternatively something that captures all web usage that he cannot clear down might also work and I can warn him that I will monitoir his usage.

• 8 months later...
Guest unrandomsam

Does anyone know if there are any web filtering apps available for android. My old son is looking for a tablet and I want to know if there is any software out there that I can use to protect him from unsuitable content on the Web. He is entering that curious age. I currently use K9 software on my PC and it works great and they have an iphone/ipad version but do not appear to have gotten round to releasing a Android version. Thought it looks like they are working on it.

It appears that for most android phones it is the telecomms supplier that enables this filtering but obviously that will not work for a tablet.

If anyone is aware of anything that would be useful. Alternatively something that captures all web usage that he cannot clear down might also work and I can warn him that I will monitoir his usage.

Trust your children, don't filter educate. Power corrupts.

• 4 months later...
Guest samgomez74

For web filtering on Android devices, definitely check out Funamo. Got it for my son recently and very happy about it. It is relatively new, but does amazing job with web filtering. It also comes with Google safesearch, blacklist, whitelist. Setting password and time slots for apps, like games, youtube. All calls, messages, websites visited, apps launched are logged and synced with server. As parent, I can login on my PC and check it any time. Really cool. Their web site is http://www.funamo.com and link to their app is https://play.google....d=funamo.funamo

Hope it helps!