Sleep Of Death - Your Setup

Guest coffeeguy

What have worked for me:

Installed "No frills CPU control", set it to Max clock:800, Min clock :266, Governor :conservative, and Apply on boot. No SOD more than 3 days! I have tried with smaller setting on :"Min CPU clock" 266 is a minimum for me.

I haven't seen any significant battery consumption, but I am disabling background data, and with moderate use (no gaming) I can get my battery to last for a full day.

Guest liamneerg

my conclusions : android is way better than windows mobile , android in omnia 2 is still not usable ... so i am getting an android phone

Guest lol = ^_^

SETUP:

ritchietos's Froyo Bundle (Windows Bundle)

Windows Mobile: 6.5.0 Official PH ROM

Apps Installed: Minimal

No SOD for A week and 2 days (9 day straight :rolleyes: )

They say that the ROM version has no impact on the installation of android, but for me it made a very BIG difference. After flashing from cooked ROM to official ROM, chances of SOD was minimal but it was still there. Second thing I did was install CPU MASTER from the Android market set the scaling to performance, place the minimum MHZ clock to 266 tick apply on boot then BAM! No more SOD :P

Guest micmac

:rolleyes:)-->

QUOTE(lol = <_< @ May 21 2011, 16:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SETUP:

No SOD for A week and 2 days (9 day straight :D )

They say that the ROM version has no impact on the installation of android, but for me it made a very BIG difference. After flashing from cooked ROM to official ROM, chances of SOD was minimal but it was still there. Second thing I did was install CPU MASTER from the Android market set the scaling to performance, place the minimum MHZ clock to 266 tick apply on boot then BAM! No more SOD :(

i'll give this a try.... :P

Guest lol = ^_^
:rolleyes:)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lol = <_< @ May 21 2011, 16:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->SETUP:

No SOD for A week and 2 days (9 day straight :D )

They say that the ROM version has no impact on the installation of android, but for me it made a very BIG difference. After flashing from cooked ROM to official ROM, chances of SOD was minimal but it was still there. Second thing I did was install CPU MASTER from the Android market set the scaling to performance, place the minimum MHZ clock to 266 tick apply on boot then BAM! No more SOD :(

i'll give this a try.... :P

I'd appreciate it if you could also post a feedback of this :D . So we can also help the other O2 Android users :D

Guest jimmad

:P)-->

QUOTE(lol = :rolleyes: @ May 21 2011, 11:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Second thing I did was install CPU MASTER from the Android market set the scaling to performance, place the minimum MHZ clock to 266 tick apply on boot then BAM! No more SOD <_<

yes but how long your battery last ?

i did have sod but for a week now i haven't experience any

first i switch off the phone on winmo and i stopped using Fancy Widget ( which i think was the main reason for SOD)

after 19hours i have 60% battery

Guest lotuxete

SOD is not related to any widget, dock, software, processor speed, or so on.

You can run a simple test... if you run Haret.exe while the phone is plugged to the charger you won't get any SOD in days/weeks. However if you run Haret.exe and you don't charge the phone after that you will get a pretty SOD the first time that the phone had entered in sleep mode.

In addition to that it's obvious that SOD is related to power/sleep status because meanwhile the phone is charging you won't get any SOD, and the phone response is quite fast when you want to recover it from sleep. If the phone is not plugged it will take you a few seconds to recover it from sleep (about 2-3 sec.).

Bye.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Extremegmx

I don't know what to do anymore. Two days ago I have installed ritchietos Froyo bundle(maunal,ubuntu,EXT4,my storage). First boot lasted 2 days and boom SoD. The second boot lasted even less, about 2h and the third 1 day. I've tried everything:

-WM CPU perfomance "High" (also when I installed Android)

-in WM airplane mode+brightness set to lowest

-installed minimal programs (call light, minfreemanager, taskpanel, launcher pro)

-set cpu with min 266 max 800 conservative

Also i didn't tried yet that the phone is in charging mode while booting android.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Crosser1982

To all users who still has problems with battery drains and SOD. I'm pretty sure that the right setup will increase the pleasure on Android. This is what I did:

Installed: MS-Team ROM (good firmware settings!) I used the CSC version from this page:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-i8000nxjj1/

will post info of my firmware if needed.

I installed the following froyo version:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...nstall-updated/

This version allready has 2d/3d drivers. And all fixes are cooked in.

The only thing I did was just install cpu master, autokiller mem optimizer, and android booster. and at last sdspeed increase.

The settings on cpu master are min 266mhz - max 800mhz

autokiller mem optimizer are: Optimal

sdpeed increase: 2048 (higher will heat the sdcard)

android booster: kills apps I don't need.

I have 78 mb memory left so I can free 62 mb memory (i mean ROM) because of a light rom..

I have installed froyo on 1024 mb EXT4 partition.

there is 512 mb left I advise to keep at least 300 mb free so don't install to much it will slow down the start up.

and may will slow down the usage.

My experience on SOD:

In the begining I had a lot of freezes and SOD's I remain calm and started up again and again. after a couple of freezes the system started to be stable. I installed cpu master and all the other apps,

Right now Í installed some nice themes on GO launcher and install all the games to check out which one I like.

So no screens of deads and no freezes (Except when I install a app or game which is not compatible with omnia 2)

My experience with battery drain:

I shut down wifi, bluetooth and 3g when not needed. I compared my battery life with my colleague used the phone and did the same things he did when he used his andoid device (XPERIA X10) and tested and compared bold devices for a day on minimal usage.

The results of the tests are after 8 ours

on average use: Omnia 2 76 %

xperia x10 72 %

on minimal use (left the phone alone) omnia 2 92 %

xperia x10 89 %

My only wish left is better 3d drivers!!! 2d games working perfect. even small 3d games sucks on my omnia at the moment. win mobile is better so its possible but win mobile sucks on games and apps

any sugestions?????

Edited by Crosser1982

Guest rom_omnia2

Well, i solved my SOD problem.

First thing you have to try is Set a CPU application. And make sure that you have a "Task Manager" application, put one widget on your home screen and use that to kill all app's before put your phone to sleep, you can also search for the opition "Kill app's before sleep" if you don't want to do it by your self.

No more SOD here. And remember, it's not good reboot your phone after launch Android, boot android from WinMo many times seems to crash your Android partition.

Guest Extremegmx
And remember, it's not good reboot your phone after launch Android, boot android from WinMo many times seems to crash your Android partition.

+1 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thanh_nha0706
What have worked for me:

Installed "No frills CPU control", set it to Max clock:800, Min clock :266, Governor :conservative, and Apply on boot. No SOD more than 3 days! I have tried with smaller setting on :"Min CPU clock" 266 is a minimum for me.

I haven't seen any significant battery consumption, but I am disabling background data, and with moderate use (no gaming) I can get my battery to last for a full day.

I totally agree with you but in my case, I use setCPU and set the minimum to 133. Thus it's fine until now for me.