Vega docking station

Guest Ste M

Guest Ste M

Want to buy the docking station so went into Currys/pcworld Megastore in liverpool to seek it out if they happened to have any, which they didnt but the guy checked for me and no stock was availible for delivery either. and website for dixons currys and pc world all sold out. Anyone know how long it takes for restock of these as guy in shop had no idea.

Edited by Ste M

Guest wilkinsxg
Anyone know how long it takes for restock of these as guy in shop had no idea.

Well I ordered a Dock from the Currys site last night and they had at least 2-3 in stock (I almost ordered two, and it let me put more than one in the basket). Looks like they sold out this morning.

When I bought my Vega from a PC World store last Saturday, I was told it was the last one in stock. When it failed the next morning, I took it back in on the Sunday and they'd had at least another two come into stock that day, so they did an instant swap there and then.

I get the impression they're restocking the Vega & case frequently but in very small numbers. The staff have told me that they have no plans to stock the docking station in-store.

My recommendation would be to simply keep an eye on the dock product pages on the Dixons/Currys/PC World sites.

Guest Kevrae

In my branch we have been getting consistant stock of vega's and accessories weekly so no problems thus far. Its worth noting that if a store has less than 3 pristine items in stock they will not show for reserve and collect so i would ask customer services as they can get a clearer picture.

Guest Amathusukx
Hi, I work in the accessories team at Dixons HQ. The Vega Docking station is not available in sotres at this time. There is plenty in stock at the moment and more on the way.

Advent Vega Docking Station @ PC World

Why not, what if you don't want to order online for what ever reason, your skrewed. On the subject of accessories has anyone bought any in car gear, if so was it any good or just over priced c**p. I've seen this site, few items that look of interest http://www.ultimate-mobiles.co.uk/tablet-p...es/car-kits.htm

• 4 weeks later...
Guest louca001

I've just tried to find the Advent Vega Docking Station and have been told by all three of the Dixon, PC World, Currys stores that the product is unavailable. Not out of stock, unavailable. Have they stopped selling them?

I've just tried to find the Advent Vega Docking Station and have been told by all three of the Dixon, PC World, Currys stores that the product is unavailable. Not out of stock, unavailable. Have they stopped selling them?

Dont worry, with the DSG websites "unavailable" means "out of stock". They will be back in stock as soon as the next shipment arrives.

Guest culagh
Why not, what if you don't want to order online for what ever reason, your skrewed. On the subject of accessories has anyone bought any in car gear, if so was it any good or just over priced c**p. I've seen this site, few items that look of interest http://www.ultimate-mobiles.co.uk/tablet-p...es/car-kits.htm

I bought one of these recently http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT and it's excellent for the money. Although it's supposedly for a blackberry the Advent Vega can be used with it as it is a universal holder for DVD players, TVs etc. The only gripe I have with it is that the "fingers" that grip the Vega are bigger than required but still grip firmly.

Guest BlackCat^

Does anyone "in the know" have any knowledge of what is happening with the official docking station?

It has gone from Out of Stock on PC Worlds site to not listing at all. Have I missed the boat?

Guest mintvilla
Does anyone "in the know" have any knowledge of what is happening with the official docking station?

It has gone from Out of Stock on PC Worlds site to not listing at all. Have I missed the boat?

I ordered mine last week from pcworld website. Came on saturday. You would of thought you could use it without taking the case off. Sadly this is not the case (unless am missing somthing lol)

Guest Dave Marchant

I think it is a bit like the early stock issues with the Vega. I managed to find it in stock a couple of weeks ago and it arrived a few days later.

Maybe they don't want too many in stock till they can judge the demand. I have had a mouse working on mine so far but had to reboot the Vega before it was recognised.

Next test will be a 3G dongle as I can't run USB Mode while I am still on 1.09. If it works, I will seriously think about one of the custom roms.

Guest warriorscot

I remember it being mentioned they just had a small run to see if it would be successful as a product. Not sure how well that went it was priced higher than most people said they were willing to pay for it and didn't have it's own charger.

Guest Village Idiot
and didn't have it's own charger.

You mean it doesn't charge the Vega up when it is sat on it?

If so, I'm out. Maybe on the Vega altogether, the negative column seems to be growing and soon something is going to be the final straw.

Guest premieral
You mean it doesn't charge the Vega up when it is sat on it?

If so, I'm out. Maybe on the Vega altogether, the negative column seems to be growing and soon something is going to be the final straw.

No he means it doesnt come with a charger :D what are the negatives you refer to i have had nothing but fun and although i have caused it to "die" a few times it has never faiked to exceed my expectations.

Guest Village Idiot
No he means it doesnt come with a charger :D what are the negatives you refer to i have had nothing but fun and although i have caused it to "die" a few times it has never faiked to exceed my expectations.

I bought a Vega and then sent it back as fortunately I was able to in the light of the price drop.

Since then I've got fussier and been able to define what I want a tab to do, better.

So the viewing angle is a niggle now, I now think I want 3G and ideally I'd like 3.0 without waiting for a port-over rom.

I may yet get a(nother) Vega by accepting that at the current price it is a bargain.

Guest Village Idiot
No he means it doesnt come with a charger :D

So you plug your existing charger into the back of the dock and you are away? That's of no concern to me at all then.

I bought a Vega and then sent it back as fortunately I was able to in the light of the price drop.

Since then I've got fussier and been able to define what I want a tab to do, better.

So the viewing angle is a niggle now, I now think I want 3G and ideally I'd like 3.0 without waiting for a port-over rom.

I may yet get a(nother) Vega by accepting that at the current price it is a bargain.

I did the same a while back but ended up getting another Vega. HC plus a better screen won't worth almost double the price. The Samsung 10.1 is gonna be well worth its £400 price tag especially as it is thinner and lighter than an ipad2 and has a screen that is better than IPS. Gotta wit til june tho.

Guest GabbaGabbaHey
You may have missed the boat - it's back up to £229.99 at Dixons.

Guest Village Idiot
You may have missed the boat - it's back up to £229.99 at Dixons.

On the other hand, I have £50 worth of DSG vouchers that I can only spend in-store and don't have any use for. So it's six and two threes a bit.

Guest High Flyer

Edit: Accidentally posted without reading the rest of the thread.

What a fool I am!

If you happen to have enough money in your account you can buy the dock, then take your receipt and dock into branch, there they'll return it as unopened and sell you it again, but this time you'll be able to use the vouchers.

I do this for customers all the time, it's completely legitimate

Edited by High Flyer

Guest mabier

Hi,

Anyone recently bought docking station? I have been looking for it even outside UK. I have been at PC World two weeks ago and they did not have a single one in the UK and now it's been removed form PC/World/Dixons website as well. Do you know of any docking station from vega clones that would work?

Cheers

Guest Dave Marchant
Hi,

Anyone recently bought docking station? I have been looking for it even outside UK. I have been at PC World two weeks ago and they did not have a single one in the UK and now it's been removed form PC/World/Dixons website as well. Do you know of any docking station from vega clones that would work?

Cheers

I have had mine for a couple of weeks, but I bought it through the PC World web site just before they went out of stock and removed it. I guess all you can do is monitor the site from time to time and jump in if it appears again. From what I can tell, the ViewSonic 10S is the same device and they speak of the docking connector in their marketing data, but the UK dealers stocking it (i.e. Misco) are not offering any accessories at the moment.

Guest BlackCat^

I have tweeted @AdventVega previously (as have a few others) to enquire about the next availability of the docking station as I could do with one but they don't want to know by the looks of it. Only other real channel of getting to find out is their call centres and I doubt they would have a clue.