Pulse partition sizes

Guest Tom G

Guest Tom G

Sorry I haven't been around the forums much lately.

As some of you already know I have been working on a CyanogenMod 7 build for the Pulse which I hope to have submitted to the CyanogenMod project in the next few days, but I have run into a bit of a problem with space. It was working ok until a few days ago when aosp 2.3.3 changes were merged into CM7 which has pushed the size up slightly. I now don't have enough space for gapps and can't find anything to remove.

At the moment I am using the T-Mobile UK 2.1 base firmware, with the partition table below. I remember some other roms having slightly different sizes.

/dev/block/mtdblock1	100.0M	 98.7M	  1.3M  99% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock2	 90.3M	 34.5M	 55.7M  38% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock3	 20.0M	  1.1M	 18.9M   6% /cache

I need at least another 5MB in system. What were the partition sizes in other roms?

This will only be any issue for users with the original small nand U8220/U8230.

Guest twrock
I installed the Hungarian rom and now logcat doesn't work. Anyone know why?

I don't have an answer for this question, but I believe the Tre rom had a larger /system partition as well. I don't know if you will have a different experience with that rom.

Some of those "necessary" gapps can be installed from the Market after rom installation, so they do not have to be pre-installed. Vending is of course critical, but there are plenty of others that can be left out of the base rom.

Guest Tom G
I don't have an answer for this question, but I believe the Tre rom had a larger /system partition as well. I don't know if you will have a different experience with that rom.

Some of those "necessary" gapps can be installed from the Market after rom installation, so they do not have to be pre-installed. Vending is of course critical, but there are plenty of others that can be left out of the base rom.

That is how gapps works in cm7. Only the minimum is installed to /system, but with 100MB there wasn't room for those minimal bits.

I've found a solution to the logcat problem, but might try the Tre rom so I don't have a TMob boot screen.

Guest niix2571
That is how gapps works in cm7. Only the minimum is installed to /system, but with 100MB there wasn't room for those minimal bits.

I've found a solution to the logcat problem, but might try the Tre rom so I don't have a TMob boot screen.

I'm using RBM2 on my u8230... system size iz 170 MB... i don't know if it'll work on u8220 though

Guest eckengucker1

And here we go again.

I'm still waiting for stupid "when is it done???" questions...

BTW: Thanks your don't letting us down and continuing development Tom!

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest CarpetDiem

I have nothing more to say but thank you Tom!It's always exciting to know that you don't give us up.Strong wish it can succeed in porting to cm7.

Regards.

Guest twrock

:( That was one of the big advantages to the Tre rom, no TMob boot screen!

Wow, so CM7 is that big? Well, I guess if you can get it working like you did CM6, and DT Apps2SD works, the data space won't be as big of an issue.

BTW, thanks for keeping up the work on this. CM6 has been great.

Guest pepe24

As some of you already know I have been working on a CyanogenMod 7 build for the Pulse which I hope to have submitted to the CyanogenMod project in the next few days, but I have run into a bit of a problem with space. It was working ok until a few days ago when aosp 2.3.3 changes were merged into CM7 which has pushed the size up slightly. I now don't have enough space for gapps and can't find anything to remove.

At the moment I am using the T-Mobile UK 2.1 base firmware, with the partition table below. I remember some other roms having slightly different sizes.

I need at least another 5MB in system. What were the partition sizes in other roms?

Tom, I think RBM2 austria would be ideal, it has 110M 80M 20M partitions.

http://www.redbullmobile.at/RBM2Update/RBM...2.1_upgrade.zip

Regards,

Pepe

Guest niix2571
Tom, I think RBM2 austria would be ideal, it has 110M 80M 20M partitions.

http://www.redbullmobile.at/RBM2Update/RBM...2.1_upgrade.zip

Regards,

Pepe

That's weird, i'm using RBM2 as base and mine system is 170 mb, data is 202, and cache is 70 mb... guess mine's the new version with more memory

anyways, good luck with cm7 Tom :( cm6 was a breakthrough in u8220/u8230 development :(

Guest sentroy

112mb (83% used) / 82mb (67% used) / 20mb  (14% used) running dta2sd with only apps on sd (class 4).

Tre's partitions have been the best for my pulse. Think that pulse update spree will stop somewhere on the 2.3.X (but I'm not hoping).

Does anyone know how much each update has grown in size? For 2.1 thru 2,3?

And as many have already said thank you Tom for holding up this community lately with your awesome updates.

Guest igor_anta

Wow, beautiful news :( I have to apologize Tom, for a moment there I thought you gave up on this phone.

So I guess Time Machine and back to Tre 2.1 (has anyone tried to update the Tre rom over the old UK 2.1)?:

Guest uttec.com

# cat /proc/mtd

cat /proc/mtd

dev: size erasesize name

mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd2: 00140000 00020000 "misc"

mtd3: 00060000 00020000 "splash"

mtd4: 0aa00000 00020000 "system"

mtd5: 04600000 00020000 "cache"

mtd6: 0ca60000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd7: 01400000 00020000 "userdata2"

#

system:112.27MB used 57.73MB free

Edited by uttec.com

• 1 month later...
Guest totiadrenalin

I do have the answer!

type *#*#2846579#*#* in the phone dialer!

I can't remember the exact name of the menu,! But I think that it's called Project Menu Act!

And then something like debuging, or backgroud logs.

Something like that.

Any way you can do it via RootExplorer apk

download z4root.apk

gain the root access.

and then via root explorer go to:

/sys/kernel/logger/

and in all trhee folders edit the enable files

change it to 1

And you ill get logcat working!

:mellow:

You can do it later in any rom for pulse!

Even in your CM7 ROM!

Best regards

TOTI