Cant set up e mail accounts up on Sync

Guest macc2010

Guest macc2010

I have been trying to set up my google email account on my Vega but am having some problems.

I have gone into Accounts and sync and add account(exchange account? and put in my e mail addy and password and it gets the server settings but then comes up with a message saying setup could not finish as unable to open connection to server.

any ideas guys?

Guest trevor432990
I have been trying to set up my google email account on my Vega but am having some problems.

I have gone into Accounts and sync and add account(exchange account? and put in my e mail addy and password and it gets the server settings but then comes up with a message saying setup could not finish as unable to open connection to server.

any ideas guys?

Try this if you haven't already. SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > DEVELOPMENT > ALLOW MOCK LOCATIONS if that is not ticked then tick it and try Google account set-up again. Also ensure SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS & SYNC > BACKGROUND DATA & AUTO SYNC are both ticked

Edited by trevor432990

Guest valleygirl
Try this if you haven't already. SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > DEVELOPMENT > ALLOW MOCK LOCATIONS if that is not ticked then tick it and try Google account set-up again. Also ensure SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS & SYNC > BACKGROUND DATA & AUTO SYNC are both ticked

I have the same problem none of the above worked any more ideas

Guest trevor432990

Hmmm you could try and log into Google Talk and once signed in go back and try setting up email sync again see if that works

By the way .... it would be polite and useful if you come back and let us know if any of our answers work for you so that other people can learn from them or if you are still having issues we can continue to help. :(

Edited by trevor432990

• 2 months later...
Guest frink
Hmmm you could try and log into Google Talk and once signed in go back and try setting up email sync again see if that works

By the way .... it would be polite and useful if you come back and let us know if any of our answers work for you so that other people can learn from them or if you are still having issues we can continue to help. :rolleyes:

Yer same problem can acsess my gmail but it won't let me sync... p.s. honest I will let you know if get it working :P

Ok worked out how to do this! Simple in the end

Edited by frink