Listen up if you're struggling with USB drivers

Guest simonta

Guest simonta

I'm not sure which amazes me most, that I'm making this offer or that anyone would take me up on it.

For the next hour and a half or so, if you trust me and you trust www.mikogo.com (well known in the industry and you can Google for reviews) to give me a remote desktop connection, I will install the drivers for you. This is for Windows XP, Vista or 7.

Mikogo does not give me any sort of permanent connection nor does it allow me to download any of your files. You can see everything that happens. When you join a Mikogo session, it asks you to install a small EXE from Mikogo. This EXE is perfectly safe, I use it all the time for friends and family, and you can uninstall it when done.

In return, I ask that anyone I help watches what I do, learns from it, and helps out other noobs in the forum.

PM me if you want help....

I'm not sure which amazes me most, that I'm making this offer or that anyone would take me up on it.

For the next hour and a half or so, if you trust me and you trust www.mikogo.com (well known in the industry and you can Google for reviews) to give me a remote desktop connection, I will install the drivers for you. This is for Windows XP, Vista or 7.

Mikogo does not give me any sort of permanent connection nor does it allow me to download any of your files. You can see everything that happens. When you join a Mikogo session, it asks you to install a small EXE from Mikogo. This EXE is perfectly safe, I use it all the time for friends and family, and you can uninstall it when done.

In return, I ask that anyone I help watches what I do, learns from it, and helps out other noobs in the forum.

PM me if you want help....

Maybe someone could do a screen cast of the whole setup process from dowjloading rom to applying drivers to flashing the rom. Or a video on YouTube. Or a wiki.Hell I'd be happy to write up guides on a wiki. As long as someone corrects it all afteafterwards :(

With so many new people buying Vegas it could cut down on a lot of forum posts, confusioj and give people confidence to recommend the Vega to others.

Edited by d45h

Guest simonta

It's quite late and I guess some folks will be tucked up..so, I'll extend the offer for tomorrow afternoon, next Saturday 3-6pm and next Sunday, 11am-4pm.

If no-one takes me up on it, then I'll see if there's someway I can do a podcast or web conference type thing..if anyone is lurking and has suggestions on how to do that, I'm all ears.

It's quite late and I guess some folks will be tucked up..so, I'll extend the offer for tomorrow afternoon, next Saturday 3-6pm and next Sunday, 11am-4pm.

If no-one takes me up on it, then I'll see if there's someway I can do a podcast or web conference type thing..if anyone is lurking and has suggestions on how to do that, I'm all ears.

Screen cast

Guest Ste_B

I'm having USB drivers issues!! I'll take you up on that offer if I can't get it sorted by myself before tomorrow evening.

Thanks mate. Could be just a brain fart by me tho. lol

Guest worto03

Just wanted to say nice one mate! That's an offer and a half for anyone struggling and there seems to be few. I managed to bungle my way through it early dec last year by following posts on here but getting the drivers right does seem to be the trickiest bit. After that everything is pretty straight forward.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simonta

OK, so it wasn't once in a lifetime :(

I'm offering this again between 7pm and 9pm UK time tonight and all of tomorrow afternoon until about 7pm.

PM me if you want to take me up on it and see here for a testimonial. I'm not a hacker/cracker/spammer. (OK, so I hack but it's all "white hat" :D).

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...om/334615/vega/

Guest clive_j
OK, so it wasn't once in a lifetime :D

I'm offering this again between 7pm and 9pm UK time tonight and all of tomorrow afternoon until about 7pm.

PM me if you want to take me up on it and see here for a testimonial. I'm not a hacker/cracker/spammer. (OK, so I hack but it's all "white hat" :D).

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...om/334615/vega/

Did you get many takers?