Have an app / widget / tweak you'd like someone to develop?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk
Have to say I would love it if someone was. Able to sort out a chaange to the kernel to allow booting to cwm via a key press

Its the bootloader that needs hacking for this, not the kernel :(

Guest andrewdolphin

Not sure if it's possible, but one thing I'd love would be to stream the audio output of my vega wirelessly somehow.

Given the portability of the vega combined with the availability of music on sites like Grooveshark it's a great portable jukebox in the house, but getting the audio through to my home sound systems is more tricky. My audio system is connected to a media player (popcornhour) so ideally something on the vega that streamed to a shoutcast/icecast type stream would be brilliant.

Bluetooth is one option but as it doesn't play nice with wifi that's kind of out of the equation.

Guest Buzing Bee
I would like to see a USB mode switcher that doesn't require us to flash a boot image and doesn't need a reboot...

One asks and one shalt receive :(

Watch my kernel thread for info

Guest beegee1962

I would like to see an app to switch on and off the camera on the CM7 builds for Advent Vega.

Should be not too difficult, just a widget for the status and sending "echo 'set28h' > /proc/gpio" to switch camera on and "echo 'set28l' > /proc/gpio" to switch it off again.

Guest newbe5

I'd love to see an Android-to-Android controller app developed. If I have my Vega hooked up to the TV via HDMI, it would be great to be able to use my HTC Hero or HTC Desire to control it (the Hero has a scrollball that could even be used as a mouse, with the screen used as a Keyboard). This would be great for using the Vega as a media center or even a games console!

newbe5

EDIT: I would also like to add to this: A gamepad mode - That turns the screen of your phone into a gamepad (with just a d-pad / analogue stick type thing and buttons) for playing emulators :(

EDIT2: Also, since the Accelerometer on the Vega isn't very good, it'd be great if the accelerometer on the input phone worked as a controller. Then you could play tilt/racing games with your phone as the controller :(

Edited by newbe5

Guest rferrett
Its the bootloader that needs hacking for this, not the kernel :D

In that case i'd love to see a tweak to the bootloader that allowed booting to CWM through keypress!

:(