Change Default Search

Guest ajw107

Guest ajw107

Hi

I was just wondering if there was an easy way anyone knew of to change the default search to .co.uk on the Dell? At the moment everything comes up using .com, even if I sign in to google with my account. Which is annoying when searching for prices on the shopping thing as everything is in $ and american shops. My Dell is a O2 locked phone, I'm in England, and have steves 1.8.0 rom in place.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Alex

Guest Tim6772

I went into my google search widget, clicked menu and signed into my account then just exited the app. Every susequent seach turned up uk based results.

May be worth logging into your google account via a desktop/laptop and setting search parameters to uk too.

Also, type google.co.uk into your browser and either bookmark or set .co.uk to your homepage.

Hth :(

Hi

I was just wondering if there was an easy way anyone knew of to change the default search to .co.uk on the Dell? At the moment everything comes up using .com, even if I sign in to google with my account. Which is annoying when searching for prices on the shopping thing as everything is in $ and american shops. My Dell is a O2 locked phone, I'm in England, and have steves 1.8.0 rom in place.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Alex

Guest prasadKnew

Did you tried using "Use My Location Option" from Setting->Search->Google Search. I think it will do the work.

Does it show you prices in correct currency when in Market ? It should, as mine was showing correct (in Rs.) when I used my Indian SIM card in US, btw my Streak is US Unlocked.

Edited by prasadKnew