Updating to CM6 using z4root

Guest AnDroidNooB

Guest AnDroidNooB

hello im currently running fillble sans FLB mod 1.1 kernel version 2.6.29 firmware version 2.1 update 1. (i know im real old)

i want to update to the CM6 which is what most people are getting crazy about but my usb port is broken, i learnt that its possible to update using z4root and rom manager.. seems easy enough but i still dont know how to do it *hides face* so can one of you geniuses please give a brother some help.. i also want a2sd or swap or whatevers better.

thanks in advance guys!

you're the bomb :(

Guest iKrautDroid
hello im currently running fillble sans FLB mod 1.1 kernel version 2.6.29 firmware version 2.1 update 1. (i know im real old)

i want to update to the CM6 which is what most people are getting crazy about but my usb port is broken, i learnt that its possible to update using z4root and rom manager.. seems easy enough but i still dont know how to do it *hides face* so can one of you geniuses please give a brother some help.. i also want a2sd or swap or whatevers better.

thanks in advance guys!

you're the bomb :(

If you are running flb mod you dont need z4 root. flb should allready be rooted.

Now go to the market and search for rom manager. Install it!

Now open rom manager and select install very(that shouldbe at the top of the list.

Now remove your micro sd card and insert it into your computer.

Copy every thing you want to install (CM6, gapps, darktremor a2sd) to the sdcard.

Insert the card into your phone.

Open rommanager and select reboot into recovery.

In recovery wipe all data. then flash all the zips you copied to your sd card.

Reboot. You should have Cm6.

To use a2sd you have to partiton your sd card. this can be done with rom manager.

Open rommanager and select partition sd card.

Set the sizes you want.

Done!