New italian P10AN01 based device similar to vega/mobii

Guest boh

Hi all,

I want to report to all that there's on the market a new italian P10AN01 clone named Olivetti [<<-- brand) Olipad 100 [<<-- model) with smaller price and biggest feautures.

olipad-100.PNG

Here is the tecnical specifications and comparation with any tablet model:

169072_198752866802854_188973011114173_761657_1444881_n.jpg

and here you can found the article about it:

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2011/new-olipa...m-olivetti.html

manufacture guarantees upgrade to android v. 3.0.

what do you thing of it?

Edited by boh

Guest simonta

Is it a clone? Different hardware and specs, 802.11n (might be a mistake of course) plus mini-USB. The ports are completely different.

Guest beegee1962

It might be a P10AN01 based tablet. I saw similar tablets with the keys on the front based on the same CPU board. As the HW supports the keys and the additional USB it might be the same.

But we will only know until one buys it and opens it.

And 399 euros isn't what I'd call a 'smaller price'.

16gb ssd, 3G internal modem and 512MB of ram (1GB totally) in plus of the vega/mobii is not justified in the price?

the price of mobii 3G version in europe is 399 euros with the same memory of non 3G version, for example.

Edited by boh

It might be a P10AN01 based tablet. I saw similar tablets with the keys on the front based on the same CPU board. As the HW supports the keys and the additional USB it might be the same.

But we will only know until one buys it and opens it.

yes, you pinpointed the question. it's similar tablet with the same CPU board. :(

@all:

The P10AN01 is the base board ( or main board) with Tegra 250. On it you can add features like ssd, 3G internal modem, various ports ecc... Now Do I explained?

sorry for my bad english.

Edited by boh

Guest loth77

hi all...

i've just registered to this forum thanks to an advice from an xda user :(

i'm very interested to buy this tablet, i'm going to see it in a shop near here where they already have it (that's what they said by phone)

i wanna check the diplay quality mostly.

before buying it i also wanna be sure that i can flash one of your modded roms. do you think this will be possible?

or is needed a specific rom?

what can i check in the device in the to understand that it is really a viewsonic g-tab clone? if there is anything i can do...

Guest AntiCatalyst

That's a G-tablet clone.

small_viewsonic-g-pad1.jpg

Just look at the touch buttons, non-uniform bezel and the little round thingy to the left.

Edited by AntiCatalyst

Guest loth77

i've seen it.

the interface is really rubbish...

but the tablet runs very smooth and fast, it has flash installed, the included market has really few applications (some thousands i would say)

it has 1,8 gb reserved for applications, usb, microusb, microSD, sim and dock connectors.

the screen is not that great, colors change very much if you watch it outside the viewable angle (like 90° available with a good view)

it really looks like the viewsonic showed in the photo in the previous post.

if there is the possibility to install different roms and to have the google apps and market i would buy it.

no the g-tab is not a clone, but is just a similar device

A clone is something with identical hardware...

I'm sorry you have right, the valid word that I must used is "similar". Anyway it's P1AN01 device based and similar to vega/mobii with extra feature like 3G, 1GB ram, 16Gb ssd) at price 399 euros.

I'd like to know how viewing angles of the screen are.

sorry for my bad english

Edited by boh

Guest warriorscot

Not a P10AN01, P10AN01 is the base reference design from shuttle and Nvidia.

G-tab looks similar and has similar hardware but its development was separate from P10AN01 devices the original version came out before any of the P10AN01 devices. This is probably v2 of the same device minus some of the faults that got some of the originals recalled.

It's pretty similar to the vega and the bigger XDA custom rom is actually based on vega firmware but hardware wise it has some more power in some areas but some of the same issues as well like the LCD quality.

Not a P10AN01, P10AN01 is the base reference design from shuttle and Nvidia.

G-tab looks similar and has similar hardware but its development was separate from P10AN01 devices the original version came out before any of the P10AN01 devices. This is probably v2 of the same device minus some of the faults that got some of the originals recalled.

It's pretty similar to the vega and the bigger XDA custom rom is actually based on vega firmware but hardware wise it has some more power in some areas but some of the same issues as well like the LCD quality.

interesting, thanks for your reply.

Here is the first video review:

Sorry, but it's in italian.

unfortunately the screen viewing anglese is poor and the same as vega/mobii

Edited by boh

This doesn't look like a Vega at all, I bet it's another Malata Zpad aka Viewsonic g tablet device. Still, looking forward to finally seeing a decent tablet on the market in Italy.

Guest alexzhou
Hi all,

I want to report to all that there's on the market a new italian P10AN01 clone named Olivetti [<<-- brand) Olipad 100 [<<-- model) with smaller price and biggest feautures.

olipad-100.PNG

Here is the tecnical specifications and comparation with any tablet model:

169072_198752866802854_188973011114173_761657_1444881_n.jpg

and here you can found the article about it:

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2011/new-olipa...m-olivetti.html

manufacture guarantees upgrade to android v. 3.0.

what do you thing of it?

It's different item, more hardware is different, just the GPU is same. this item is same as malata t2

Guest Matchstick

I'm just confused how they managed to include 3G support leave out GPS in this model ?

It they had included GPS I'd have been extremely interested in it, but I guess my wait for the prefect cheap tablet goes on...

Edited by Matchstick

I'm just confused how they managed to include 3G support leave out GPS in this model ?

It they had included GPS I'd have been extremely interested in it, but I guess my wait for the prefect cheap tablet goes on...

Sorry, no gps included in this model, but I know that it will include in next version of Olipad tablet.

Edited by boh