[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest dazbaz996
What I found worked was disable "Always use proximity" and "In call touch UI" then reboot. Then tick both and reboot. Goodness knows why it was so fussy, but works like a dream now :D.

Funny, for me it works with it enabled. . . different strokes and all that.

Thanks goatee your suggestion sorted out my proximty sensor

Guest drinkluder

Sorry, a noob question perhaps: Since I installed this rom my battery drains very quickly. Why is this? I've overclocked the cpu. Could that be the problem?

Guest AsusFreak
Sorry, a noob question perhaps: Since I installed this rom my battery drains very quickly. Why is this? I've overclocked the cpu. Could that be the problem?

That's a known issue when using WLAN. Recommendation is: turn it off when not using.

With WLAN on: battery lasts < 1 day

With WLAN off: > 2 days, depending on the use even longer

Some users reports some battery drain when using 3G all the time - can't confirm this because of using 2G all the time.

All issues you find here.

Edited by AsusFreak

Guest drinkluder
That's a known issue when using WLAN. Recommendation is: turn it off when not using.

With WLAN on: battery lasts < 1 day

With WLAN off: > 2 days, depending on the use even longer

Some users reports some battery drain when using 3G all the time - can't confirm this because of using 2G all the time.

All issues you find here.

I always have wifi turned off. 3g is on, but it's never been an issue with prevoius roms I've used. I'll check out the link above. Thanks!

Guest lixcab

Try resetting battery stats in CWM (Menu - Advanced.)

Guest k0zmic

What's it clocked at? I probably wouldn't go over 650MHz. Try calibrate your battery too.

Guest targetbsp
How many more nightlies do you think there will be until CM7 becomes non rc?

I expect approximately none considering yesterday Cyanogen said on twitter the final would be released in a couple of days. :) I don't get what it matters though. All it will be is a version a day newer than the previous nightly. If Cyanogen is suitable for you now - use it now. If it's not, having the word 'stable' after the version isn't going to change much?

Edited by targetbsp

How many more nightlies do you think there will be until CM7 becomes non rc?

It doesn't matter, anyway. Only the CM part will be stable. The porting-onto-blade part due its late start will hang a little back. And yes, Tom and Jacob are doing an incredible good job porting CM7 onto the blade.

Guest Slaapje

I gotta say, i love this rom. But there's a big problem with it for me. The phone shuts itself off multiple times a day... Dunno what's the problem. Anyone got a clue?

I had the swedish spring rom earlier and didn't have the problem.

Edited by Slaapje

Guest Rotmann
Like I say 2 or 3 times, N38 doesn't fix the GPS reboot, at least on Google Navigation, for me. I'm on gen2 phone so I can't really say if that's rom fault or mine...

The phone reboot sometimes just after Google Navigation launch, not after 10 mins or so...

No prob with Google map, so I don't know what I must think...

Install the latest version, problem solved.

Guest k0zmic

This ROM is working great for me now. If anyone has a proximity sensor issue just untick In-Call touch UI in 'Call Settings'. One problem I have that I can't find a solution (or bug) for is the Wi-Fi Sleep Policy not working, when I set to off when screen turns off it just doesn't seem to work whereas in Swedish Spring and CyanogenMod 7 for Hero it does. Any ideas or solutions? I went about looking on the net where the Hexadecimal values are stored for the Sleep Policy, in COM.AndroidSettings (or something like that) but I don't know how to edit those. I haven't had random reboots or shutdowns when using GPS although I don't use it much.