CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest naxuu
I use S2E also, but I'm on RC2... it hasn't worked form me on any of the CM7 builds :(

edit: I have tried Navigon also, but it FCs even though its on "internal" memory using S2E

Päivitä navigon versioon 3.5.4, sillä vasta kyseisesä versiossa on tuki android 2.3:lle, ja sitä aiemmat versiot kaatuvat käynnistyksessä.

Upgrade navigon to version 3.5.4, wich add support to android 2.3. All other versions get FC.

Haven't tried with longer calls, but so far, and calling to the customer support number of portuguese vodafone, the screen came back as soon as I pulled it out of my ear, so GREEEEEEEEAAAT WOOOOORK!

Will report back after a few longer calls...

EDIT: Flashed N15 with the new modded kernel by t0mm13b!

Edited by _BG_

Guest ootyposoo
Haven't tried with longer calls, but so far, and calling to the customer support number of portuguese vodafone, the screen came back as soon as I pulled it out of my ear, so GREEEEEEEEAAAT WOOOOORK!

How do you use another Kernel? I am not relative with such things and I would like to do it! Thanks in advance!

Then it seems that CM7 shows for some networks 3G, although it's HSDPA, that's why some users report seeing H. I think you could open an issue, but it's just an icon problem, would not bother me too much as the speed is definitely HSDPA!

Yes i make a trouble ticket

Guest shakerist

Well my dual sim adapter is not switching sims in sim tool kit it worked in jj but not in this rom, how do i make a logcat ? any ideas what i can do? and my screen isnt waking up i downloaded that modified boot.img and replaced it with normal one still no hope but im loving the rom !!!

Edited by shakerist

Guest Rotmann
OK - anyone have any idea about making USB WIRED tethering work?

WiFi and USB tethering will work if we get a working .35 kernel.

Well my dual sim adapter is not switching sims in sim tool kit it worked in jj but not in this rom, how do i make a logcat ? any ideas what i can do? and my screen isnt waking up i downloaded that modified boot.img and replaced it with normal one still no hope but im loving the rom !!!

Open terminal emulator, type

su

logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Press Home (if you press back you will kill the logcat), switch the SIMs a few times, go to terminal emulator again, press back to kill it. There you go.

Guest shakerist
WiFi and USB tethering will work if we get a working .35 kernel.

Open terminal emulator, type

flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.stk/.StkLauncherActivity } from pid 2236
D/dalvikvm( 1854): GC_EXPLICIT freed 112K, 59% free 3049K/7367K, external 1317K/1829K, paused 83ms
D/dalvikvm( 3058): GC_EXPLICIT freed 17K, 52% free 3766K/7815K, external 90K/513K, paused 62ms
I/ActivityManager( 175): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.fede.launcher/.Launcher } from pid 175
W/InputManagerService( 175): Starting input on non-focused client com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@40544158 (uid=1001 pid=2122)
I/ActivityManager( 175): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.stk/.StkLauncherActivity } from pid 2236
D/dalvikvm( 2236): GC_EXPLICIT freed 193K, 53% free 3071K/6471K, external 5298K/5799K, paused 77ms
I/ActivityManager( 175): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.fede.launcher/.Launcher } from pid 175
W/InputManagerService( 175): Starting input on non-focused client com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@40544158 (uid=1001 pid=2122)
I/ActivityManager( 175): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.stk/.StkLauncherActivity }[/codebox]

That is a small part of what is generated i thought it was relevant because sim tool kit = stk i think, i ran stk tried switching to sim 2 waited a bit and the little loading thing went round and round pressed home and repeated a few times. Should I give all of the log because it huge that was only a small part :(

Edit: I tried going into language in stk but i still get the loady thingy its like that for everything maybe sim tool kit needs to be updated, i dont know but maybe ?

Edited by shakerist

Guest uskixboy

This worked for me too since installing the modded kernel this morning from the zip update in clockwork (and selecting use proximity in settings), it has worked flawlessly on nightly 15 the entire day. Exellent work many thanx for the hours of hard work put in to make this happen

Guest Autopiolet

+1, running on RC2 with the modded kernel and the "always use proximity sensor "

Ticked.

What a great work guys!! :( keep Up the awesome job everyone

Loving CM7

Edited by Autopiolet

Guest The Soup Thief
Had incoming call, after end screen went black, and I just took the backflap of the phone, it came back... like 1min after call ended.

Yeah - that happens

The little known "don't mess about with it and it gets better in a little while" fix

Patience is much undervalued

The only thing, you need to be careful of is that your screen sleep doesn't kick in before the screen wakes (if you know what I mean)

I have my screen sleep set to 2 mins and that seems to be long enough to let the phone wake of it's own accord following calls

Guest tttonyyy

Under "Call settings" ticking "Always use proximity" setting has fixed my blackscreen after call issues for me (using original kernel with N15)

Edited by tttonyyy

Guest The Soup Thief

Aww - where's my nighty? Sorry, nightly...

I keep confusing nightwear and firmware

neither makes a good substitute for the other

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Saransh Agarwal

Hey i just did the proxy fix

though it is not completely fixed comes into life after 5 seconds many people are saying that they got it fixed on n15 and i am currently using rc2 so should i switch ???

Aww - where's my nighty? Sorry, nightly...

I keep confusing nightwear and firmware

neither makes a good substitute for the other

<feeble pun>That's true, but it can be nice to be firm at night and it doesn't matter where...</feeble pun> :(

Guest Qwertzycoatl

though it is not completely fixed comes into life after 5 seconds many people are saying that they got it fixed on n15 and i am currently using rc2 so should i switch ???

5 seconds is good for the proximity fix frankly :( I wouldn't switch just for the sake of it since RC2 and N15 are practicially, if not entirely, identical.

Guest Saransh Agarwal
5 seconds is good for the proximity fix frankly :( I wouldn't switch just for the sake of it since RC2 and N15 are practicially, if not entirely, identical.

thnkx

i also think it is bearable for 5 seconds

Guest redironman

Is it my imagination or does the phone never recognise it is being charged at higher rate?

I use a couple of different mains chargers and a 1Amp car charger which Froyo always indicated as mains charging.

Now I either see Usb or (if I'm quick enough) I see it indicated as mains and then change to USB.

The reason I checked was that the phone was taking forever to charge - even on mains (again compared to froyo).

Guest gat2011

while there is hardly any difference between rc2 and n15, i have to say i've found n15 to run smoother. the proximity is a little quicker -it comes back on after about 1 second for me. i also had wifi connection problems with rc2, which i've not had with any rom before. no probs with n15. the luck of it probably, but just my experience.

by the by,i also installed the honeycomb adw theme, from the market, just for the hell of it! the launcher is less choppy and a little smoother.

Edited by gat2011

Guest Frankish
i had a look and couldn't work out what theme that was

can you point to it please?

It's the HTC Sense theme from XDA. Some guy is actively working on it. It's coming along great.

42928911.png

Download it here

EDIT:

You will need to download the dock and widgets separate obviously. Clock is Fancy Widget Pro.

Edited by Frankish

Guest targetbsp
Is anyone seeing any post-13 builds in ROM Manager yet?

Yeah I posted that on the Cyanogen forums and a desire user said the same thing so its not just the Blade.