CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

S'up guys. It looks like the spelling fix worked!

Now I need to find that Boot.img again :( ...That's what did it, isn't it?

Guest sihumphries

[OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod says to install gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip, but the original post on here has a link to gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip.

Will this make any difference and should it be changed?

Guest forney27
S'up guys. It looks like the spelling fix worked!

Now I need to find that Boot.img again :( ...That's what did it, isn't it?

Was the spelling fix implimented in RC2? I take it by fixed you mean, better battery life?

[OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod says to install gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip, but the original post on here has a link to gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip.

Will this make any difference and should it be changed?

I don't know. All previous Nightlies have come with Gapps preinstalled. Does the RC2 do that as well?

Was the spelling fix implimented in RC2? I take it by fixed you mean, better battery life?

Yes, better battery life :( I only lost 6% over night, as oposed to about 25% beforehand. It does it's job.

Also, no, it's not in RC2. I'm going to edit the 2nd post with all the info to get the Boot.img in.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest rayraven

^Sweet, now i'm really tempted to move out from JJ.

But the multiple different claims on the proximity sensor thing are holding me back.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Yes, better battery life :( I only lost 6% over night, as oposed to about 25% beforehand. It does it's job.

I lost 0% overnight and the battery stats didn't show any wakes,

but after I checked battery dropped by 9% in 30 minutes ...

Had to charge now, let's see how the saga continues.

Guest Hurders
^Sweet, now i'm really tempted to move out from JJ.

But the multiple different claims on the proximity sensor thing are holding me back.

I put moved from N8 to RC2. I didn't have any problem on N8 but RC2 has totally screwed the proximity sensor on my phone. Every call the screen stays blank, sometimes fiddling around the sensor (covering, uncovering repeatadly) gets the screen to come back but its totally rubbish for me!

Very annoying that a gremlin that seemed to be fixed way back in an seemingly ancient N8 has come back, why?

Guest forney27

Also, no, it's not in RC2. I'm going to edit the 2nd post with all the info to get the Boot.img in.

Thats fantastic...props to css771 for a good spy...thats what this forum is all about..

Would I now be able to put his boot.img in the the RC2 zip? or would this cause problems as that was for the Nighly 13?

Thats fantastic...props to css771 for a good spy...thats what this forum is all about..

Would I now be able to put his boot.img in the the RC2 zip? or would this cause problems as that was for the Nighly 13?

Should be Dandy, the Kernel hasn't changed at all.

Guest Hurders

I ran the RC2 last night as stock without the battery fix boot.img and lost 17% in 7 hours on standby!

Going to try the fix, BTW what does the fix do exactly?

Anyone know if proximity is sorted in N15 cos its definitely screwed in RC2?

Guest JuusoJuuso

i just tested the proximity thing in n15 and I think it's better than n13, but not perfect. My screen woke up after couple power button presses and some playing with the sensor.

Edited by JuusoJuuso

Guest Cantola

Hi!

I flashed n14 yesterday and removed the Rom manager before going to bed and lost 0% of the battery during 8h sleep. Dont know if its the n14 or the fact that i removed the Rom manager, but this is amazing compared to the 10%-20% battery loss i had overnight with the previous nightlys.

edit. Its my first post :(

Edited by Cantola

Hi!

I flashed n14 yesterday and removed the Rom manager before going to bed and lost 0% of the battery during 8h sleep. Dont know if its the n14 or the fact that i removed the Rom manager, but this is amazing compared to the 10%-20% battery loss i had overnight with the previous nightlys.

edit. Its my first post :(

Far better first post than the usual. Good job :(

Are you using the fixed boot.img?

Are you using the fixed boot.img?

I, for one, did install RC2 before changing to flight mode for the night,

removed ROM Manager from the ZIP, did NOT swap in the new boot.img,

lost 0% overnight.

But, as I said, lost 9% in 30 minutes without doing anything with the phone but

connecting back from flight mode (no data connection, no WiFi, no GPS), then

charged, now still at 100% after an hour.

Stay tuned :(

Guest colin.bate

Installed RC2 last night battery lost 20% in 8 hrs this was on normal standby not aeroplane.

Battery usually loses around 30% on previous nightlies.

Installed RC2 last night battery lost 20% in 8 hrs this was on normal standby not aeroplane.

Battery usually loses around 30% on previous nightlies.

You could try a 2-step approach for the next 2 nights:

1) remove ROM manager

2) swap in the new boot.img

and see if it makes a difference.

Guest Peter H
I put moved from N8 to RC2. I didn't have any problem on N8 but RC2 has totally screwed the proximity sensor on my phone. Every call the screen stays blank, sometimes fiddling around the sensor (covering, uncovering repeatadly) gets the screen to come back but its totally rubbish for me!

Very annoying that a gremlin that seemed to be fixed way back in an seemingly ancient N8 has come back, why?

I moved from N11 (and no proximity problems) to RC2 and like you the proximity is totally useless. I could maybe get it to work by covering and uncovering repeatedly but mostly had to pull the battery to reboot. Gone back to N11 and back to working proximity - my only issue with N11 is the screen freezes but locking and unlocking solves that.

It is a phone after all and not being able to use it as such due to the failing proximity sensor makes RC2 useless for me. However it seems that YMMV.

Don't wish to sound ungrateful as I am really hugely grateful for the time and effort folks are putting in to this - just offering my feedback.

I don't know. All previous Nightlies have come with Gapps preinstalled. Does the RC2 do that as well?

CM never ever never comes with Gapps.

Guest Fransis.co

I see the DATA connection is set ENABLED by default on this ROM (careful those without a Data Plan)

Anyone know the software switch to disable this, prior to flashing ?

Also, battery drain in RC2 is just as poor. Have just switched to the Modded Boot.img

I see the DATA connection is set ENABLED by default on this ROM (careful those without a Data Plan)

Anyone know the software switch to disable this, prior to flashing ?

Also, battery drain in RC2 is just as poor. Have just switched to the Modded Boot.img

One typo-fix in kernel should not do anything to battery life, its just some "name" wrong there, nothing important.

Guest Krinyo

As I see in my history CPU usage is always at 20-25 percent level, even I don't use my phone, and it's (not) sleeping. I'll see what the difference if I uninstall ROM Manager...