CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
my god dam wifi sorry for the spammmm.

No worries, we'll send you from tower bridge to tower for that :(

my god dam wifi sorry for the spammmm.

No worries, thanks for bringing the fix to attention. Finally got round to adding it to the first page :(

Guest fredewis
No worries, thanks for bringing the fix to attention. Finally got round to adding it to the first page :(

no problem mate...........lol if im locked on that tower i think ill need longer hair ... :(

Guest Poodha

Hang on, wifihotspot isn't fixed either? I'll give this one a pass then for a little while more then(yeah, I'm aware of the fix, but don't have the time to that now and just want a ROM that works).

Hey, Victor, you wouldn't mind adding "wifihotspot"(probably on the same line as usb-tethering) to the "what we don't have/waht doesn't work"-list? =)

Guest fredewis
Hang on, wifihotspot isn't fixed either? I'll give this one a pass then for a little while more then(yeah, I'm aware of the fix, but don't have the time to that now and just want a ROM that works).

Hey, Victor, you wouldn't mind adding "wifihotspot"(probably on the same line as usb-tethering) to the "what we don't have/waht doesn't work"-list? =)

it only takes one minute to do it don't see the problem....

Guest chall32
i had problems with it and some others report same it connects fine on my pc and laptop but no web page loads.

Yeah, thats because it sometimes doesn't auto assign a DNS server. Barnacle > Menu > Settings > DHCP > DNS 1

I use Google DNS - 8.8.8.8 :( (Other DNS services are available - but possibly not as easy to remember!)

Guest DonJamal

i think i found the best workarund for proximitysensor...i downloaded the honeycomb port, grab the system\lib\hw\sensors.default.so, system\lib\hw\sensors.goldfish.so and with rootexplorer copied to the system\lib\hw folder. Reboot.

settings\call settigns\ tick in-call touch ui than make a call.. wait a few sec...the screen goes black press the power btn and see wonder

so maybe those two lib files are wrong in cm... cuz i tried it with from jj...gingerbread sdk...and didnt work..this was the last try and it works :(

not update zip

pack.zip

Edited by DonJamal

Guest fredewis
Yeah, thats because it sometimes doesn't auto assign a DNS server. Barnacle > Menu > Settings > DHCP > DNS 1

I use Google DNS - 8.8.8.8 :( (Other DNS services are available - but possibly not as easy to remember!)

yep i did all that and it was a nono.

Guest fonix232
i think i found the best workarund for proximitysensor...i downloaded the honeycomb port, grab the system\lib\hw\sensors.default.so, system\lib\hw\sensors.goldfish.so and with rootexplorer copied to the system\lib\hw folder. Reboot.

settings\call settigns\ tick in-call touch ui than make a call.. wait a few sec...the screen goes black press the power btn and see wonder

so maybe those two lib files are wrong in cm... cuz i tried it with from jj...gingerbread sdk...and didnt work..this was the last try and it works :(

Those files are the same in the HC port and in CM. The HC port got it from either HCDRJacob's or Tom_G's proprietary repo, both are the same, and CM uses this repo (one of them atleast).

Guest DonJamal
Those files are the same in the HC port and in CM. The HC port got it from either HCDRJacob's or Tom_G's proprietary repo, both are the same, and CM uses this repo (one of them atleast).

sensor.goldfish a lilbit bigger than in cm7... but maybe ure right but at least it works for me, and maybe the dev of hc port has changed somethin in it

in HC its 10 112

in cm7 n15 its 10 040

and u wont loose nothing if u'll try it... maybe it will work for u

Edited by DonJamal

Guest pellonet

With the situation at two major gripes with the CM7 there have been a number of theories for a 'fix', the latest one I read was to do with the removal of ROM Manager.

One person posted a report that removing this had shown an improvement so a number of people jumped in & did likewise, one person questioned the validity of this & got no answer which leaves me confused;

1. What was the inspiration for trying this as a cure?

2. What is ROM Manager doing in the background that would use system resources or wakeups?

3. Have any people at a development level of testing considered this as a viable contribution to the battery drain issues that plague us all?

I would not want to insult anyone of the many members who provide their valuable observations to assist in moving the whole CM7 project forward but I am concerned about a level of hysteria creeping in, for instance, if I post a report that leaving the phone pointing East overnight resulted in zero battery drain with GPS, Wifi & 2-minute checks on 10 POP email accounts all on, will everyone be firing up their compass app before going to bed?

OK sceptic hat off & community hat on. :(

With the situation at two major gripes with the CM7 there have been a number of theories for a 'fix', the latest one I read was to do with the removal of ROM Manager.

One person posted a report that removing this had shown an improvement so a number of people jumped in & did likewise, one person questioned the validity of this & got no answer which leaves me confused;

1. What was the inspiration for trying this as a cure?

2. What is ROM Manager doing in the background that would use system resources or wakeups?

3. Have any people at a development level of testing considered this as a viable contribution to the battery drain issues that plague us all?

I would not want to insult anyone of the many members who provide their valuable observations to assist in moving the whole CM7 project forward but I am concerned about a level of hysteria creeping in, for instance, if I post a report that leaving the phone pointing East overnight resulted in zero battery drain with GPS, Wifi & 2-minute checks on 10 POP email accounts all on, will everyone be firing up their compass app before going to bed?

OK sceptic hat off & community hat on. :(

To answer one part of that, ROM manager does some Google Analytics stuff. It has been guessed that it doesn't stop trying to phone home when wireless is off. So, the courses of action are to either remove it, or to disable analytics in the settings. Seems fairly founded in good ideas.

Guest Swimmerboy

not update zip

I've got a vague recollection that when this has been attempted in the past doing "settings\call settigns\ tick in-call touch ui" only works for the first call made - could you confirm that your fix works for subsequent calls without re-setting this?

Guest DonJamal
I've got a vague recollection that when this has been attempted in the past doing "settings\call settigns\ tick in-call touch ui" only works for the first call made - could you confirm that your fix works for subsequent calls without re-setting this?

u dont have to tick in-call touch ui if u dont want... works 4me with and without tick

Guest maltloaf

Am I the only one who's wifi doesn't stay alive ? I have the sleep policy set to never but it still disconnects. Blade WiFi fix doesn't seem to help but I have installed the zip for the tether fix. Would this be reverting wifi to how it was in 2.2 ?

Just a note on my battery drain. Doesn't seem too bad at all. Haven't monitored percentages or anything but 10 minutes of tethering and also an hour of hands on use (screen on/browsing) and it's only down to 95%

cheers

Edited by maltloaf

Guest Kokainkatt

So. Everybody who has the proximity sensor problem, try changing the "answer call animation thingy", you know the one with the "rotary answer swing thing thing". Change it to the stock "slide to answer" thingy. For some reason, the proximity sensor issue completely dissapered. (For me).

Ok, so I see that I used the word "thing" and various abbreviations a lot, but you know what I am trying to say. :(

Guest DonJamal
So. Everybody who has the proximity sensor problem, try changing the "answer call animation thingy", you know the one with the "rotary answer swing thing thing". Change it to the stock "slide to answer" thingy. For some reason, the proximity sensor issue completely dissapered. (For me).

Ok, so I see that I used the word "thing" and various abbreviations a lot, but you know what I am trying to say. :(

where to find ansewer call animation? :(