CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest steveuk1981

Been on n25 since this morning, no crashes, no freezes, used gps (google navigon) for about an hour today no problems, no proxy problems this for me is perfect and now my day to day rom. Massive kudos to everyone who's helped develop/ test this rom. :D

Guest That-Guy
Looks like Jacob's having another go at getting his 'smartass' governor and wifi module rebuild approved, been a few days since we've had any blade specific updates. :(

Edit :- just checked back after I posted and it's been rejected again. :(

What is this "'smartass' governor and wifi module rebuild" you talk about? What does it actually do :D

Guest Mike_P
What is this "'smartass' governor and wifi module rebuild" you talk about? What does it actually do :D

Bl1nk's been using it in his experimental cm7 kernel, to quote him...

Smartass governor: based on the concept of the “interactive governor” but a little more responsive, Smartass will also cap the clock speed at a minimum whilst the screen is off thus eliminating the need for “sleep profiles”.

As for the wifi module rebuild I dunno, Jacob obviously thinks it's something that's worth doing.

Edit2 :- Woohoo it's in and merged, bring on nightly 26 lol. :(

Edited by Mike_P

Guest ufoman
Bl1nk's been using it in his experimental cm7 kernel, to quote him...

As for the wifi module rebuild I dunno, Jacob obviously thinks it's something that's worth doing.

I've found out that smartass governor causes performance problems in games... I've tried NFS Shift and PewPew, both get really laggy...

Guest mELIANTE
Anyone with g-sensor problems when playing games? SpeedX3D, RT2 etc...not playable at all.

Yes, it is acting crazy... Anyone with RC2 care to test?

Guest Ufufu
Yes, it is acting crazy... Anyone with RC2 care to test?

I do not have RC2 anymore (I am on N21, "normal" kernel), but I don't think I had this problem in RC2, and I am positive that I do not have it in N21 - I can play SpeedX3D and other accelerometer games just fine.

I just installed a level app to test it and it works well.

Guest doubleluckstur
..[*]Proximity Fixed with use of the "always use proximity option"..

Perhaps you should update this.. its fixed altogether. Tested on my san francisco..

Edited by doubleluckstur

Guest michaelviper

brillant rom, the only problem i have is that when i'm not using the phone and its just lying around after a while it'll just vibrate and turn itself off is there any way to fix this?

Guest Fairlight2x
brillant rom, the only problem i have is that when i'm not using the phone and its just lying around after a while it'll just vibrate and turn itself off is there any way to fix this?

GPS use causes this problem. Turn GPS off until you need to use it, that is the only workaround until this stupid bug gets fixed. :D

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

SmartAss has been working fine for me, but the whole system gets really laggy about 3 hours after a reboot.

Remember, you actually have to enable smartass manually.

Guest defcrash

Do you have the GPS enabled? If i don't touch the gps i have no problems with shutdowns, my phone just goes off only if i enable gps and then turn in off (havent tried yet leaving it on to see what happens), been with N25 all day long and it only shutdown when i tried what xzyk said.

Anyone with g-sensor problems when playing games? SpeedX3D, RT2 etc...not playable at all.

I have no problem in playing Labyrinth or NFS Shift.

Guest sydeu

Yeah, totally unplayable. although when rebooting the phone it sometimes works, then it stops working again. It's really random and something weird is up with the sensor

Guest alanh5929

upto now i have tried n12 , n19, n25

However since n19 i have noticed the wifi keeps disconnecting and when it dose connect it is only on one bar

even though i am less than a meter from the router. my other android phone (pulse mini) get full strength

p.s the router is a wpa2-psk wireless n 300, key is correct,

i relay like this Rom wand would appreciate any help in solving this, my only issue with n25.

Edited by alanh5929

Guest blade2011

Hi, I'll start with an apology... I do know this is OT and should be posted in an CM forum, but I'll ask here in the lack of other accounts:

does anybody here know the roadmap and possibly a planned stable release date for CM7?

Google doesn't tell much about this.

Hi, I'll start with an apology... I do know this is OT and should be posted in an CM forum, but I'll ask here in the lack of other accounts:

does anybody here know the roadmap and possibly a planned stable release date for CM7?

I believe you've just broken the first rule of Cyanogen Mod! :-D

Guest css771

First Rule of CyanogenMod: Do not ask for ETAs. It'll come when it comes. There are still some bugs to iron out.

About the sensors issue, TomG mentioned that the file /system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so was borked and recommended replacing it with one from JJ. I thought it was already done. I had no problems with speedx 3d on N22. havent tried yet on N25.

Guest mELIANTE
First Rule of CyanogenMod: Do not ask for ETAs. It'll come when it comes. There are still some bugs to iron out.

About the sensors issue, TomG mentioned that the file /system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so was borked and recommended replacing it with one from JJ. I thought it was already done. I had no problems with speedx 3d on N22. havent tried yet on N25.

For a while it works wll but after some time, if you use a test software like Z-Devicetest, you see it lags hard :D

Edited by mELIANTE

I am now on N25 and it seems good. I have a bizarre issue with my proximity sensor not working. Based on what everyone else has been saying, I think it may well be related to a rather absurd mirror screen protector I'm using. The mirror is a bad idea! It seems cool, but it is impossible to see the screen outside. I have ordered some more normal screen protectors.

Guest targetbsp

You guys remember the apps not working from sd card bug? I have a weird continuation of that now! I thought i'd try out Swedish Spring and all the apps that crashed when run on the sd card appear to be corrupted backups in titanium! They have been re-backed up since the fix?