Blade Overheating (r12)

Guest gouabafla

Guest gouabafla

Since I installed Paul's r12 on my blade, it will become very hot at random times and the battery will run down in a very short time. I am very impressed with this release and don't want to change it, but I'd rather that my blade functioned as a mobile phone and not as a short lived pocket warmer (especially now that Spring is coming). Is this a known issue with a known fix? (Sorry if it is on the forums and I didn't find it). If it is not a known issue, could someone suggest how I should go about troubleshooting?

Many thanks for advice and ideas.

Guest The Soup Thief
Since I installed Paul's r12 on my blade, it will become very hot at random times and the battery will run down in a very short time. I am very impressed with this release and don't want to change it, but I'd rather that my blade functioned as a mobile phone and not as a short lived pocket warmer (especially now that Spring is coming). Is this a known issue with a known fix? (Sorry if it is on the forums and I didn't find it). If it is not a known issue, could someone suggest how I should go about troubleshooting?

Many thanks for advice and ideas.

I never had this problem on Paul's R12 - had pretty good battery life as I recall (comparable with Flibblesan's later Froyos)

With intensive angry birds or watching films the battery would get warm, but I don't count that as random, personally

Guest Bender
I never had this problem on Paul's R12 - had pretty good battery life as I recall (comparable with Flibblesan's later Froyos)

With intensive angry birds or watching films the battery would get warm, but I don't count that as random, personally

Mine too on R12 gets hot while during games etc - few times spare parts is misreporting the battery temp - 35+ when phone was just swtiched on any ideas of best way to recalibrate?

Guest gouabafla

Mine get's hot just sitting on my desk apparently not doing anything. I assume that there is some rogue process going on that is using up the battery and causing the overheating, but I'm not sure how to diagnose that.

Guest tdroza

I had a problem where the Media Scan service was getting stuck and continually consuming 100% CPU. I think Media Scanner is a process that kicks in periodically and scans the SD card for new photos/music etc. It was causing the phone to get warm and the battery to run down in a couple of hours. I originally thought it was a problem with the battery until I installed System Panel which shows CPU and memory utilisation and I could see that the CPU never dropped below 95-100%. My guess is that there was a corrupt file on the SD card which was causing issues for the media scanner because when I reformatted the card it was fine.

You issue may not be caused by the same process, but hopefully System Panel might help you to diagnose it.