GT540 1.6 to 2.1 reception issue and radio Firmware

Guest neilfellows

Guest neilfellows

I've recently upgraded my LG GT540 from Andoid 1.6 to 2.1 via the LG PC suite. It was purchased from Carphone Warehouse. Upgrade went fine and phone works. Since the update, if someone calls my phone it often (but not always) takes them straight to voicemail rather than ringing. First I know of it is a voicemail sysmbol. I'm in a good reception area at work where (prior to the update) the phone would of ringed normally.

Also, when making a call out, about 50% of the time the phone would fail to connect my call. Cancelling it and dialling again is the only cure. Again, this is in a full strength signal area. Once connected the call is fine.

I'm on the GiffGaff network (it's O2). I've discussed this issue with them and they are adamant that it's a handset software/firmware issue, which I believe is correct. They've stated that they've had a number of customers that have done this and it's resulted in the same issue. I've also searched their own forum and one member has recommended that I need to also update the radio firmware. That last bit is beyond me I'm afraid!

Has anyone else experienced this issue with their GT540 after upgrading? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks guys.

Neil.