Hermit i900 Kitchen

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest Hermit Dave
yes...too late :D , I was expecting lots of ROM from you so I could retire first :(....

Btw, latest oskitchen executable has option for importing unknown dump beside Da_G, HTCSys & Ervius.

thats a good point.. i did encounter a ROM which was all over the place... i was one for the 6.5 ROM dump

Guest Keivan Moradi
Hi Keivan, what about other programs made for WP7 platform?- http://www.unboundmedicine.com/products/windows_phone

I Think you mean: there are other useful applications for windows phone why you just don't use them?

My answer is: There is nothing comparable to UpToDate in our field. It's an "evidence based" resource which is updated every 4 mounts. Its not a book, dictionary, medical calculator or drug reference book. Its a big (1.5 GB) database (reviews, figures and tables) with search capability. It's unique and very useful in saving lives. And keep doctors UpToDate with latest publications in the field. Its worth noting that information in our field doubles every 4 years. Remaining uptodate is very difficult. But UpToDate is capable of doing this. All of other applications you introduced are just books with a special book reader as an interface. We can just ignore the interface an read that book in CHM or PDF format.

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest Hermit Dave
Hi, i've downloaded 29017 file and i've 23563 all langs file...How can i change language of the rom from english to italian?? Thx

if you navigate to 23563 do you see a directory "0410"

that is your italian languange specific files.

Copy them to the root of 29017.

Now when you start OSKitchen, open a project, select 29017 and then below it you will find Locales. Select the 410 entry there

Guest rbasis

Hi Hermit,

Congrats for giving such wonderfull tutorial.

Will you please also add how to import rom(same as we import new build)? Kitchen contains OEM packages & other stuff for B7300BUIJF2/B7300. If we want to change it for DXDI1/DXDI5/DZIA5, how to import that under OEMPACKGES section & how to reduce the size of folder or ROM by deleting unwanted file under "OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages"?

Thanks & Regards,

Rbasis.

Guest Hermit Dave
Hi Hermit,

Congrats for giving such wonderfull tutorial.

Will you please also add how to import rom(same as we import new build)? Kitchen contains OEM packages & other stuff for B7300BUIJF2/B7300. If we want to change it for DXDI1/DXDI5/DZIA5, how to import that under OEMPACKGES section & how to reduce the size of folder or ROM by deleting unwanted file under "OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages"?

Thanks & Regards,

Rbasis.

Thanks for your kind words :D

Yes i remember talking to you on Yonn's Kitchen thread a while back about how to import ROMs. I think you wanted to know if we could easily say OCK's ROM

Based on my tests so far with this version of OSKitchen, it seems to not like Omnia ROMs for import.. It threw error message saying on HTC ROMs could be imported. That coule be the case as this was a XDA Dev product and until recently they only dealt with HTC products.

I am not sure of the origin of

OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages

I dont think it is mandatory to use OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages\Apps when building a ROM. you can uncheck it by going to OEM Packages and unchecking OEM Apps.

In the Ouptut directory OSkitchen\Output Directory you will find a dir called Yonn_B7300. This contains all B7300 related files. i think this was to run it from storage etc. if you want it you have to copy this to storage and cook the rom with

post-453063-1300959295_thumb.png

post-453063-1300959301_thumb.png

i wouldn't try to remove OEM drivers as you device might not work. you can try it unchecking everything but drivers and slowly progress to see which combination works.

If i remember correctly DXDI1/DXDI5/DZIA5 etc shipped with "different builds of samsung apps like contacts, dialer, touch player etc etc" and of course the phone part.

if you want the apps, you have to import the cabs for that version.

if you want to add phone part, you need to copy the phone part.bin into Executor folder and then update the executeCUS.bat so that executor consumers the phone part too file or run executor manually (remove reference to executeCUS.bat if you do this)

post-453063-1300959791_thumb.png

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest DariosF
if you navigate to 23563 do you see a directory "0410"

that is your italian languange specific files.

Copy them to the root of 29017.

Now when you start OSKitchen, open a project, select 29017 and then below it you will find Locales. Select the 410 entry there

i've already try it, but doesn't work...If i rename folder oem_0409 to oem_0410 i can select 0410 in os kitchen, but rom doesn't work on my omnia...

Guest Hermit Dave
i've already try it, but doesn't work...If i rename folder oem_0409 to oem_0410 i can select 0410 in os kitchen, but rom doesn't work on my omnia...

well Darios... i really dont know.. however i would suggest that you have a chat with somone / anyone who makes italian roms. I have seen a lot of italians ROMs though i dont know if it was here or on XDA.

If i find anything i will update this thread / notify you ???

Guest DariosF
well Darios... i really dont know.. however i would suggest that you have a chat with somone / anyone who makes italian roms. I have seen a lot of italians ROMs though i dont know if it was here or on XDA.

If i find anything i will update this thread / notify you ???

ok! thx for your answer...

Guest Hermit Dave
yes, but i need oem_0410 for oskitchen...

well i dont think it would make a big difference as long as you maintain the structure for OSKitchen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ssi42

Hey hermit maybe you can help me, i have builded a rom but there is a built error..

What is the problem? Everything was done..

post-788468-1302697002_thumb.png

Edited by ssi42

Guest Hermit Dave
Hey hermit maybe you can help me, i have builded a rom but there is a built error..

What is the problem? Everything was done..

did you check the log file ?? what does it say ?