Wifi Performance/Range Problems....with all ROM's

My wife and I both have the Pulse, every Pulse is rooted and have FLB.Mod 1.7 with OC and A2SD installed and working. But my Pulse has a much much lower Wifi-Range and Performance than the Pulse of my Wife.

Is there a possibility to lower/heighten the Wifi-Range or Power? I already thought of ROM problems but also with Official and CM6 it is the same.

In our Living-Room and Office-Room we have 1 PC and 1 Laptop all connected to the Internet over WLan and all (PC, Laptop, Wife's Pulse) have a good connection. My Pulse searches vor Wlan sometimes find it and connect it with only 1 white line in the Symbol. It only has full connection if it is about 1m away from the router.

Perhaps the antenna is loose? Where on the Pulse is the Antenna for Wifi? Is it possible to get more power on WLan-Chip by Software?

Somewhere out there anyone who has the same problem or perhaps a solution?

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...
Guest sebastianmujica

My wife and I both have the Pulse, every Pulse is rooted and have FLB.Mod 1.7 with OC and A2SD installed and working. But my Pulse has a much much lower Wifi-Range and Performance than the Pulse of my Wife.

Is there a possibility to lower/heighten the Wifi-Range or Power? I already thought of ROM problems but also with Official and CM6 it is the same.

In our Living-Room and Office-Room we have 1 PC and 1 Laptop all connected to the Internet over WLan and all (PC, Laptop, Wife's Pulse) have a good connection. My Pulse searches vor Wlan sometimes find it and connect it with only 1 white line in the Symbol. It only has full connection if it is about 1m away from the router.

Perhaps the antenna is loose? Where on the Pulse is the Antenna for Wifi? Is it possible to get more power on WLan-Chip by Software?

Somewhere out there anyone who has the same problem or perhaps a solution?

Thanks in advance

hey man i have exactly the same problem :S

i've been thinking it may have been the result of any strike

can you fix it?

pd: i try reinstaling the rom change by another one but every time i got the same result the wifi have a very low reception compare with others u8220 phones

Edited by sebastianmujica

Guest pedrojaime

Removing the back cover I notice there is an antenna connector in one of the holes. Has anyone tried connecting an antenna to this to boost the radio reception???

thanks,

Peter