1.8.1 bug reporting

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest rahulkadukar

The market app opens, and shows the application that I want to download and even the text comes "Your item will be downloaded", but nothing happens. I have not been able to install/update any app from the market since I have been on 1.8.1

Guest RSullivan

Options: us160, bios, gbkb, launcherpro, 161font

Bugs:

1. Screenshot apps don't work (force close). I remember seeing a fix from Fards, but it would be nice if that were integrated into the build.

2. Old Facebook App. Not that big of a deal but is kind of a pain to upgrade if one doesn't have a backup of the latest apk.

3. System Volume dependent on the Media volume. I'm not sure why these are linked, but this has been the case for a while.

4. Wifi turns itself on. Sounds crazy, but that's what it does. I can sit and watch the check box magically appear in settings.

Wishlist:

1. Perfmod stability improvements? :-)

2. Ability to toggle output for media audio like the old Dell builds did.

3. When phone is in silence mode, for notifications and ringtones to still work through the headphones (like the iPhone). Not sure if this is an Android limitation or not.

Overall the build runs wonderfully. Many thanks for all of your efforts Steve!

Edited by RSullivan

Guest Graysson

I have a lot of reboots. But i dont have put in the pin after the restart.

I cant remember having these problems on the original 1.6 or the first of your mods.

I believe that the reboots started with the 2.2 mods but im not sure.

I watched my phone and saw reboots every few minutes.

I tried factory resets and a clean mod without any apps on it.

At first i thought that it worked but then i still got reboots.

Now i try to have as few apps as possible on my phone.

I didnt try the official 2.2 version yet.

Guest ClippinWings

- Same issues with WiFi erroring out here.

- Random Reboot, every day or 2.

- this one is driving me nuts... Probably 10-12 times a day i get an FC message about: com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider

Guest superutp

no random reboots, FC's or Wifi errors for me...everything is stable except I found earlier versions especially 1.6 more stable..

anyways..one irritating thing is that I have to wait for 2-3 seconds before the screen turn on when I get a voice call...

not sure if this problem was with 1.8.0 but was sure it wasnt in 1.7 etc...

Guest Maj0r

My Streak randomly hangs completely.

I can see the full desktop but it does not react to any inputs. Even the live wallpaper is frozen.

I have to remove the battery to restart the device.

This happens about 3-5 times a day.

In addition my Streak randomly reboots every few hours, but I do not have to reenter the pin.

Edited by Maj0r

Guest diskmuncher

Upgraded from AT&T stock Froyo (which FINALLY got delivered to my phone last week) to StreakDroid 1.8.1 using StreakMod

install.txt

density180

volboost

tabmail

teetermod

us180

bios

gbkb

I turned wifi off in order to test out tethering as a wifi hotspot, which worked beautifully. However, I've unable to turn wifi back on at all. I've deleted tethering configuration, turned airplane mode on/off, turned wifi on and rebooted (per previous comments in this thread), nada. First attempt seems to take a few seconds before erroring, subsequent attempts to turn it on error immediately. Unfortunately like an idiot I didn't save the official 2.2 ROM so per other comments I may try downgrading to StreakDroid 1.6.1

Guest streakr

hi stephen!

sygic aura navigation is no responding a few seconds, than gone. restart the application and it run`s another 10minutes than gone again. but the streak is in the hardware comp. list on sygic site and with stock 805 rom i not see that issue ( on a second streak ) ... :D

Guest sozofriend1234

Hello Steve,

1. This may not be as important to many people as it is to me but the In Call volume is either too high or too low. It doesn't work properly even if you want to adjust it.

2. 3G data connection is not working all the time. It sometime works and somtime it shows connected but doesn't open anything.

Guest Us3Less

Option in txt :

zeam

bios

161fonts

1 :- Random reboot , stuck at DELL's logo ... Need to take out battery and restart ..... once every 3-4 days

2 :- None of my ringtone , sms , etc works when i plug it in to charge . Location of ringtones from sd\media\ringtones

Beside these 2 issues , I got no complaints .

Edited by Us3Less

Guest Dunhamzzz

Only problems I have:

* Cannot DISABLE GPS from power widget - button border blinks but ultimately acheives nothing - this can happen with brightness too.

* Some websites cause FC on the browser (Flippa blog for one)

* Occasional 3G issues with it not working

Edited by Dunhamzzz

Guest ClippinWings
Hello Steve,

1. This may not be as important to many people as it is to me but the In Call volume is either too high or too low. It doesn't work properly even if you want to adjust it.

I had this issue as well... I re-flashed WITHOUT volboost and all works as it should now.

Guest DelSan

For those with app issues, unmount the sd card in options, then try updating again, after it's installed then remount the sd card.

It should then update.

Edited by DelSan

Guest HOkay

Hey all,

Just a note on apps that constantly FC on you, try going into manage applications and hit "clear data". This has stopped FCs for me from the calendar, Google Maps & possibly one or two others. Hope that helps someone out!

Installed with:

density160

novolnoppt

bios

perfmod

Found all of the launchers caused looping reboots on first boot up after flashing, could be me doing something wrong but installing launcher pro manually after first boot seems to work fine. Here's to a 1.9 release! Great job so far all involved :D

Guest diskmuncher
Upgraded from AT&T stock Froyo (which FINALLY got delivered to my phone last week) to StreakDroid 1.8.1 using StreakMod

install.txt

density180

volboost

tabmail

teetermod

us180

bios

gbkb

I turned wifi off in order to test out tethering as a wifi hotspot, which worked beautifully. However, I've unable to turn wifi back on at all. I've deleted tethering configuration, turned airplane mode on/off, turned wifi on and rebooted (per previous comments in this thread), nada. First attempt seems to take a few seconds before erroring, subsequent attempts to turn it on error immediately. Unfortunately like an idiot I didn't save the official 2.2 ROM so per other comments I may try downgrading to StreakDroid 1.6.1

Started from scratch again, doing a factory reset before and after the "upgrade" to 1.8.1. Seems to have cleared up the wifi ERROR issue (still have the issue others have reported going back and forth between 3G and Wifi, but at least wifi doesn't error all the time like before. Have experienced random crashes/reboots of phone even during call. Confirm cannot change default incoming call or notification tones (whether or not phone is connected via USB...someone previously only mentioned while connected). Confirm Bluetooth Voice Dialer crash.

Minor nit: Had to unmount SD card to install Angry Birds, could not move it to sdcard even after deleting .android_secure (10G left on card). Mirren browser slows Streak way down and crashes on quite a few websites that Google browser handles fine.

Guest pjg_pigeon

I often have issues with stock browser just closing when using 'select text' function, highlight the text and then it says text copied and shuts down quietly.

My setup is.

volboost

tabmail

bios

Guest Roperband

After listening to a longer file on the MIUI player, if you return an hour or two later the song/file will be about five minutes earlier. Not exactly sure how this could possibly happen.

Guest pappyfire

I do not remember seeing this reported before so I figured I'd mention it. Today I was in a basement and did not notice that I had no service. I went to contacts, selected the person I wanted to call and hit the call button. The Streak totally locked up, none of the buttons would respond - had to pull the battery to get it back.

Guest johnh123

Random reboots, several times a day.

Random shutdowns, several times a day. Will only restart if I pull the battery.

Bluetooth voice dialer doesn't work anymore

Edited by johnh123