The Angry Birds freeze...

Guest Cant-think-of-one

Guest worto03
Don't know what the problem is but mine only freezes when I'm zoomed all the way out. Zooming in slightly stops the freezing.

Mine too. Can't get it to crash unless zoomed all of the way and then only happens every time if you fire the birds quickly?

Guest Cant-think-of-one
Don't know what the problem is but mine only freezes when I'm zoomed all the way out. Zooming in slightly stops the freezing.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try :D

Guest Mogedwards

Mine used to freeze on one of the earlier ROMs but I haven't had the problem recently. Have you upgraded to r8.

If you have and it still happens the reason mine doesn't could be because I had to do a complete wipe on my Vega and therefore had to reinstall Angry Birds. It might be worth you un installing and re installing. As Angry Birds is free on Android (why? I had to pay for it for my iPod), you will only lose the previous scores and have to start again, not necessarily a bad thing.

Incidentally, if you have Angry Birds Seasons, there is a new one for St Patricks day.

Guest sjt.a3b

Im also running r8 and have no problems with zooming on angry birds or on AB seasons.

Strange problem, not sure if its worth contacting rovio about it as we arent supposed to have the market and they probably have done 0 testing for it on the vega. Dunno though! hope you get it fixed, angry birds is a great way to waste time.

Guest Sillothian

This works for me too :D

The freezing on Angry Birds was really frustrating so I'm chuffed I found this thread!

Guest Qwertymon

it happens to me no matter what angle of zoom im on, well it happens to my cousins kids when they play on it, Ive been mashing the crap out of dungeon defender recently

Guest Cant-think-of-one

Thanks all :(

I am on R8, and have reinstalled Angry Birds a couple of times (once after reflashing the ROM) and it still froze.

Been busy this weekend so haven't had chance to try the zoomed in slightly approach.

Did get time to complete the St Paddys day on my phone though :D

Guest Tony Williams
Slightly zoomed in or slightly zoomed out, it still crashes regularly.

Only seems to crash for me when my 2.5 year old plays it! Seems to happen when he gets carried away and tries to fire the birds too quickly otherwise the game plays very well the rest of the time.

Guest Nemes1s
Only seems to crash for me when my 2.5 year old plays it! Seems to happen when he gets carried away and tries to fire the birds too quickly otherwise the game plays very well the rest of the time.

I used to get this. I found it only did it if I went to put my finger on the bird before the view had finished scrolling fully (ie: when it first shows the piggies and then scrolls left to where the birds are). Wasn't all the time but mostly. Since I realised that I wait until it is finished and then do it. Seems ok now. Mind you I am also on 1.09 and MCR8 so maybe it's that that fixed it :D

Edited by Nemes1s

Guest Cant-think-of-one

Could well be my problem then... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Minimonkey
Update: flashed 1.09 then put on R8 then put on Buzz Kernel and now Angry Birds doesn't freeze - weird..... :D

Been playing angry birds and rio without any problem, then I gave it to my 5 year old and on his first go...... Freeze! :D

Edited by Minimonkey