how do I make an ext2 on sd card

Guest Tezza_uk

Guest Tezza_uk

Hello all, sorry if this has been covered before, I cant find any real info on the subject.. How do you partion and format an sd card so I can use links2sd? And can it all be done on the Vega? I'm stuck. Also, how big can the partion be?

Thanks in advance everyone

Tezza.

Guest PASCHA
Hello all, sorry if this has been covered before, I cant find any real info on the subject.. How do you partion and format an sd card so I can use links2sd? And can it all be done on the Vega? I'm stuck. Also, how big can the partion be?

Thanks in advance everyone

Tezza.

First , I use virtual machine such as wmware linux and gparted program for create ext2 or ext4 partition on sdcard. But there are some problem use to link2sd.... this program dont work while rom host mode. Other i can use it under slave usb mode.....

U can use some partition. Wizard programs under windows.

good luck ...

Guest Mr E Mann

If you have ClockWorkMod on the tablet you can do it from there too

However... be warned... this will remove everything from the card so back it up first!

Guest Tezza_uk

Okee dokee..

If I have this right I need to, partition the sd card on a PC with software such as Partion Magic, make the partion an active one, format it naming it ext2 in the PC or do I fotmat it in the Vega? I don't have clockwork installed as I have seen quite a few warnings about it, I will not be putting it in so I need to know if what I have worked out will work on my Vega which has the MoDaCo rom installed and the latest links2sd.. Please let me know if I'm going in the rigth direction..

Thanks

Tezza

Guest goldenbolux

i had a bit bother doing this

i ended up using EASEUS partition master home edition

its free and fairly easy

i didnt have to wipe anything either as it moves your data around on the card before it does the partition

hope this helps someone

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 400ixl

I used clockwork recoverymod which is straight forward.

You do need to back up the FAT32 partition first though and restore it after.

Also note you may need to reboot the tablet a second time if you get a script error in link2SD when you run it.