Can't get ROM Manager Free on Market

Guest jamborino

Guest jamborino

I'm trying to get ROM Manager Free from Android Market on wife's Pulse (Android 1.5) but it doesn't show up.

Does anyone know why? Oddly enough I can get the Premium version, and I don't mind paying the $5 for it but as this is just a licence key for the app it's no good on its own.

TIA

Guest jamborino

Thanks for the replies guys.

The issue I'm having is that the phone won't update to 2.1 using the official UK T-Mob Feb 2011 re-release. Tried numerous times and always the same thing - it gets about 45% of the way into installing when it flashes 'Update Failed'. Going back to 1.5 isn't a problem.

I read somewhere on here that ROM Manager does a more efficient clean/wipe than the 'Factory Reset' process and that this has solved the problem for some people who couldn't initially update to 2.1. But now I find that I can't get ROM Manager without updating to 2.1, so it's a catch 22 situation!

FWIW I've rooted the phone using Superboot and backed it up with Titanium Backup, but I don't know what else I can try to get it to update to 2.1?

Guest twrock
Thanks for the replies guys.

The issue I'm having is that the phone won't update to 2.1 using the official UK T-Mob Feb 2011 re-release. Tried numerous times and always the same thing - it gets about 45% of the way into installing when it flashes 'Update Failed'. Going back to 1.5 isn't a problem.

I read somewhere on here that ROM Manager does a more efficient clean/wipe than the 'Factory Reset' process and that this has solved the problem for some people who couldn't initially update to 2.1. But now I find that I can't get ROM Manager without updating to 2.1, so it's a catch 22 situation!

FWIW I've rooted the phone using Superboot and backed it up with Titanium Backup, but I don't know what else I can try to get it to update to 2.1?

Might be nothing more than a corrupt download. Have you tried to redownload it?

Make sure you delete the former /dload folder off of your SD card before you try to put the new one there.

Guest jamborino
Might be nothing more than a corrupt download. Have you tried to redownload it?

Make sure you delete the former /dload folder off of your SD card before you try to put the new one there.

Thanks, but tried that and formatting the card and using different cards and reloading the file from the T-Mob website, but outcome is always the same - 'Update Failed'.

T-Mob say it can't be a hardware issue as 1.5 loads and works fine but they aren't able to give any reason why their 2.1 update doesn't work. Very frustrating!

Guest twrock
Thanks, but tried that and formatting the card and using different cards and reloading the file from the T-Mob website, but outcome is always the same - 'Update Failed'.

T-Mob say it can't be a hardware issue as 1.5 loads and works fine but they aren't able to give any reason why their 2.1 update doesn't work. Very frustrating!

Have you tried flashing a different 1.5 first? I'm just grasping at straws. Yes, this sounds very frustrating.

Guest jamborino
Have you tried flashing a different 1.5 first? I'm just grasping at straws. Yes, this sounds very frustrating.

The only 1.5 I'm aware of is T-Mob's Dec 2009 'stability' update - that's the one I've been using to get the phone working again.

Is there a different 1.5 I can try then?