Fun and Useful Android Apps - Help needed please :)

Guest mewson

Guest mewson

Hello there!

Now, I'm really sorry, I'm sure that this question has been asked a bazillion times before, but as I'm a newbie to the site, I thought I'd post here to start.

Having only *just* got a Smartphone (I'm pretty naff with fancy technology!) I was rather curious about apps. I've played on my sisters iPhone a lot, and really enjoyed Angry Birds and The Impossible test etc, but that was about it. So y'know, not exactly an App connoisseur. :D

I was wondering if you guys knew of any useful apps (like Widgets, Antiviruseseses) and of course, fun ones too?

Preferably free ones, as I'm a poor old student hehe. :(

I kinda feel a bit overwhelmed with all the choices (and the fact I read a story the other day about some apps containing evil malicious malware, booo) so if you could maybe give me a heads up/low down on the ones you find the most useful? I'd be so grateful!

Thanks a gazillion! x

P/S Does the Android Market remind anyone of Asda? Sooo much green......

Edited by mewson

Guest TangoEight

Hello there!

Now, I'm really sorry, I'm sure that this question has been asked a bazillion times before, but as I'm a newbie to the site, I thought I'd post here to start.

Having only *just* got a Smartphone (I'm pretty naff with fancy technology!) I was rather curious about apps. I've played on my sisters iPhone a lot, and really enjoyed Angry Birds and The Impossible test etc, but that was about it. So y'know, not exactly an App connoisseur. :(

I was wondering if you guys knew of any useful apps (like Widgets, Antiviruseseses) and of course, fun ones too?

Preferably free ones, as I'm a poor old student hehe. :D

I kinda feel a bit overwhelmed with all the choices (and the fact I read a story the other day about some apps containing evil malicious malware, booo) so if you could maybe give me a heads up/low down on the ones you find the most useful? I'd be so grateful!

Thanks a gazillion! x

P/S Does the Android Market remind anyone of Asda? Sooo much green......

Security

Lookout

Games

Angry Birds

Angry Birds Seasons

Doodle Jump

Im too lazy to look for more but heres the games section on android market :D

Widgets

Beautiful Widgets This ones really nice :( and the animation package

3G Watchdog

Go SMS OK its not a widget but it has a nice widget and its better than the stock sms and handcent imo

Useful Apps

ASTRO File Manager

Dropbox

Barcode Scanner

Homeswitcher or if you have Froyo 2.2 use this one This is good to have if you want to try different launchers, it lets you switch between them and clear the default more easily

LauncherPro probably the most popular launcher in the market

ADW Launcher I prefer this one but theyre both good

KeeePassDroid works best if you use dropbox to sync the database file from your pcROM Manager

Ill just leave this here B)

538678023.png