Bricked Vega - USB driver problem I think

Guest dundee18

Guest dundee18

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have been trying for several hours now to get my Vega to work and no success.

I downloaded Paul's Rom and Vega tools.

Set Vega to debugging mode

Followed the instructions for using USBDeview to install correct drivers for Windows 7 64 bit.

Tried to download Paul's Rom using Vega Tools but folder was empty.

Downloaded Rom from Paul's link on the MoDaco custom rom page

Copied this into the folder in Vega tools and then tried to install

It came up with some errors but continued to install

Vega then got caught in boot loop

Have searched a number of discussions and tried reinstalling correct USB drivers.

Followed tech-fox's instructions in various discussion including page 29 post # 580

Device manager now shows - Android ADB Interface and Android Composite ADB Interface but both have the yellow triangle with exclamation mark

Other Devices has APX (also with yellow triangle) when I try connecting Vega to computer in reboot mode (i.e. 2 seconds, 2 seconds etc).

When connect Vega to computer it does not give me opportunity to look for new drivers so not sure if it is a problem with drivers or with Vega not being in debugging mode.

Downloaded Advent rom from official site and their drivers but still cannot install the correct driver. I also have a problem trying to view the instructions on how to go about reinstalling the officail rom that is on the MYAdvent website.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Guest dundee18
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have been trying for several hours now to get my Vega to work and no success.

I downloaded Paul's Rom and Vega tools.

Set Vega to debugging mode

Followed the instructions for using USBDeview to install correct drivers for Windows 7 64 bit.

Tried to download Paul's Rom using Vega Tools but folder was empty.

Downloaded Rom from Paul's link on the MoDaco custom rom page

Copied this into the folder in Vega tools and then tried to install

It came up with some errors but continued to install

Vega then got caught in boot loop

Have searched a number of discussions and tried reinstalling correct USB drivers.

Followed tech-fox's instructions in various discussion including page 29 post # 580

Device manager now shows - Android ADB Interface and Android Composite ADB Interface but both have the yellow triangle with exclamation mark

Other Devices has APX (also with yellow triangle) when I try connecting Vega to computer in reboot mode (i.e. 2 seconds, 2 seconds etc).

When connect Vega to computer it does not give me opportunity to look for new drivers so not sure if it is a problem with drivers or with Vega not being in debugging mode.

Downloaded Advent rom from official site and their drivers but still cannot install the correct driver. I also have a problem trying to view the instructions on how to go about reinstalling the officail rom that is on the MYAdvent website.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE

Finally managed to get instructions from Myadventvega website. They don't indicate anything different from what I am doing. WHen I tried to reboot Vega in recovery mode no add new hardware box appears and so I cannot load the driver. When I try to add new hardware myself using the "Have a disk" method then it gives me the options of -

Android ADB INterface

Android Bootloader Interface

Android Composite ADB Interface

I have also tried removing any reference to Nvidia drivers, Android drivers, HTC and composite USB storage device in Device manager and any reference to drivers for Vendor ID 0955 and ProductID 7100 in USBDeview as indicated in tech-fox' entry here http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...chive/page/560/ (sorry unsure how to change the link into a word).

Obvioulsy doing something wrong. Probably a case of " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

Any help much appreciated.

Am about to try using a windows XP laptop

Guest wobblydoggy
UPDATE

Finally managed to get instructions from Myadventvega website. They don't indicate anything different from what I am doing. WHen I tried to reboot Vega in recovery mode no add new hardware box appears and so I cannot load the driver. When I try to add new hardware myself using the "Have a disk" method then it gives me the options of -

Android ADB INterface

Android Bootloader Interface

Android Composite ADB Interface

I have also tried removing any reference to Nvidia drivers, Android drivers, HTC and composite USB storage device in Device manager and any reference to drivers for Vendor ID 0955 and ProductID 7100 in USBDeview as indicated in tech-fox' entry here http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...chive/page/560/ (sorry unsure how to change the link into a word).

Obvioulsy doing something wrong. Probably a case of " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

Any help much appreciated.

Am about to try using a windows XP laptop

APX is what shows when you enter recovery mode, you just need to update the APX drivers with the Advent Vega recovery drivers located on their website then you can reflash with software_image09.exe or whatever it called (the stock 1.09 rom)

Guest wobblydoggy
APX is what shows when you enter recovery mode, you just need to update the APX drivers with the Advent Vega recovery drivers located on their website then you can reflash with software_image09.exe or whatever it called (the stock 1.09 rom)

It is 99.999% Impossible to Brick a vega. unless you throw it at a wall

Guest ezynow

Hi,

Dunno if i am best placed to advice - as a just got my tab.

From memory - in recovery mode APX requires advent official driver (right click on the yellow exclamaion) manually update driver to the where you downladed

In debug mode - android debuging interface requires pauls adb driver - extracted from his rom.

Guest dundee18

Thanks for this. I used an XP laptop and I ws able to restore Vega to stock image first time following the instructions on the MYAdvent website. I am now downloading the modaco rom and vega tools to the XP laptop and will try to flash it from there.

I don't understand why the windows 7 computer would not let me update the driver to the correct one. I followed the instructions identically on both computers but W7 wouldn't work.

Any suggestions would be helpful as the XP is a work laptop and it is a windows 7 machine I have at home. (was using a windows 7 machine at work when it all went pear shaped)..

Thanks for your help.

Dundee18

Guest dundee18
Hi,

Dunno if i am best placed to advice - as a just got my tab.

From memory - in recovery mode APX requires advent official driver (right click on the yellow exclamaion) manually update driver to the where you downladed

In debug mode - android debuging interface requires pauls adb driver - extracted from his rom.

Thanks for the this very helpful.

Dundee18

Guest simonta
Thanks for this. I used an XP laptop and I ws able to restore Vega to stock image first time following the instructions on the MYAdvent website. I am now downloading the modaco rom and vega tools to the XP laptop and will try to flash it from there.

I don't understand why the windows 7 computer would not let me update the driver to the correct one. I followed the instructions identically on both computers but W7 wouldn't work.

Any suggestions would be helpful as the XP is a work laptop and it is a windows 7 machine I have at home. (was using a windows 7 machine at work when it all went pear shaped)..

Thanks for your help.

Dundee18

Windows 7 handles drivers differently to XP, that's why it didn't work :D

On 7, uninstall the troublesome device (and if the option is offered) also delete the drivers. If you are into recovery, then right click the computer at the top of the device tree, select add legacy hardware then manually browse to the Advent drivers. If in ADB (Android Debug Bridge - what you get by turning on USB debugging) then do the same except browse to the drivers downloaded with the Modaco ROM.

2 key things.

1. Do not try to update drivers, despite what some guides say, won't always work. Uninstalling then installing manually will always work (save for a knackered PC).

2. Do not let Windows search for drivers or automatically install them. It knows nothing about ADB and will treat the Vega as a USB Mass Storage device.

Good luck.

Guest dundee18
Windows 7 handles drivers differently to XP, that's why it didn't work :D

On 7, uninstall the troublesome device (and if the option is offered) also delete the drivers. If you are into recovery, then right click the computer at the top of the device tree, select add legacy hardware then manually browse to the Advent drivers. If in ADB (Android Debug Bridge - what you get by turning on USB debugging) then do the same except browse to the drivers downloaded with the Modaco ROM.

2 key things.

1. Do not try to update drivers, despite what some guides say, won't always work. Uninstalling then installing manually will always work (save for a knackered PC).

2. Do not let Windows search for drivers or automatically install them. It knows nothing about ADB and will treat the Vega as a USB Mass Storage device.

Good luck.

Thanks for this info much appreciated. Will try this when I get a chance.

Dundee18

Guest simonta
Thanks for this info much appreciated. Will try this when I get a chance.

Dundee18

No worries. I learned something last night. Running device manager as admin if you're on Windows 7 is sometimes needed. Dunno why, makes no sense. I've started a separate topic with details.

Cheers and good luck.