Has anyone managed to use a custom rom on Orange UK B10 ?

Guest Tadger

Guest legio_noctis

Same problem here with a 22: installing FLB-Froyo broke the touchscreen but restoring to the original firmware brought it back to life.

Are there any ROMs with newer drivers yet?

Guest cicobuff

Another one with the touchscreen problem here.

I am totally accustomed to rom flashing myself, owning an older OLED one myself (Grey), and my wifes a slightly newer revision TFT (White) both of which no problems.

My father recently bought one of which he has given me today to flash, and surprise it is a new B10 revision Glass :LEAD, installed clockwork mod no problem, flashed both FLB and the new Swedish rom, both failing on the touchscreen problem.

Restore to original Orange rom (made a backup), and no problem.

Guest kozlovda
Same problem here with a 22: installing FLB-Froyo broke the touchscreen but restoring to the original firmware brought it back to life.

Are there any ROMs with newer drivers yet?

No, stock ROM backups only.

As per Steve we're awaiting newer ZTE kernel sources (2.1) to incorporate (probably) touchscreen driver diff into 2.2 kernels of custom ROMs.

Most probably ZTE was already asked for some. So awaiting sources...

Guest Danhandy
Another one with the touchscreen problem here.

I am totally accustomed to rom flashing myself, owning an older OLED one myself (Grey), and my wifes a slightly newer revision TFT (White) both of which no problems.

My father recently bought one of which he has given me today to flash, and surprise it is a new B10 revision Glass :LEAD, installed clockwork mod no problem, flashed both FLB and the new Swedish rom, both failing on the touchscreen problem.

Restore to original Orange rom (made a backup), and no problem.

backup, wipe, flash ROM, hold vol up and reboot, worked for me!

Guest userof2

Well, I haven't installed any custom ROM yet, but I'm wanting to, so I guess I'll take the plunge since I've made a backup of the stock ROM. I've got a B10 device, product code OZTN1122, screen is a Truly LCD. I'll report back in an hour or so, after I've installed and restarted a few hunrded times to confirm things :D

I'm pretty new to this, but I noticed some extra information hidden away in the DevInfo dialler code on the stock ROM. Perhaps this will be useful? Enter the code *983*5182# on the dialler on the Orange 2.1 stock to get the info. Here's mine:

Firmware Version:2.1-update1

Baseband Version:P729BB01

Kernel Version:2.6.29

tanbaihua@localhost )

#1 PREEMPT Tue Jan 21 10:13:29 CST 2011

Build number:OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Software Version:OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

Not sure what the B20 thing is at the bottom. Perhaps people on B10 will have different build times on their software, which may provide a clue.

I'll report back when I've tried a custom ROM (Swedish Spring).

UPDATE

Okay, it installed and worked fine for me, even after about 5 or 6 reboots. Unfortunately, and bizzarely, I found Froyo to be much laggier than the stock 2.1 (SpeedX and TurboFly 3D were both unplayable, but they were really smooth before). So I've just reset to the stock firmware for now. Anyway, good luck with finding the source of this program!

Edited by userof2

Guest TheBrainKafka

Anyone tried Swedish Spring RL3 yet regarding the touchscreen issue?

Another guy reported pressing +Vol during boot up brings the touch back to life.... anyone can confirm this?

@userof2: which swedish spring did you choose

Edited by TheBrainKafka

Guest userof2
@userof2: which swedish spring did you choose

Just the latest one, release 3. Like I said, I did only boot 5 times before reverting to the stock ROM, maybe I was just lucky.

Guest cicobuff
backup, wipe, flash ROM, hold vol up and reboot, worked for me!

Sadly hasn't worked for my fathers, tried both FLB 10B and Swedish Rom both just lock the touchscreen. When you say hold vol up and reboot, do you continue holding vol up through the whole boot process to the main screen? Did you reboot from the power on button or from recovery manager doing this?

Appreciate any further info about this process to try, thanks.

Guest cicobuff
Well, I haven't installed any custom ROM yet, but I'm wanting to, so I guess I'll take the plunge since I've made a backup of the stock ROM. I've got a B10 device, product code OZTN1122, screen is a Truly LCD. I'll report back in an hour or so, after I've installed and restarted a few hunrded times to confirm things :D

I'm pretty new to this, but I noticed some extra information hidden away in the DevInfo dialler code on the stock ROM. Perhaps this will be useful? Enter the code *983*5182# on the dialler on the Orange 2.1 stock to get the info. Here's mine:

Firmware Version:2.1-update1

Baseband Version:P729BB01

Kernel Version:2.6.29

tanbaihua@localhost )

#1 PREEMPT Tue Jan 21 10:13:29 CST 2011

Build number:OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Software Version:OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

Not sure what the B20 thing is at the bottom. Perhaps people on B10 will have different build times on their software, which may provide a clue.

I'll report back when I've tried a custom ROM (Swedish Spring).

UPDATE

Okay, it installed and worked fine for me, even after about 5 or 6 reboots. Unfortunately, and bizzarely, I found Froyo to be much laggier than the stock 2.1 (SpeedX and TurboFly 3D were both unplayable, but they were really smooth before). So I've just reset to the stock firmware for now. Anyway, good luck with finding the source of this program!

Just checked my fathers, exactly the same baseband, kernal, build and software version as yourself, only difference is the preemp date of Tue Jan 25 same time though! 10:13:29 CST 2011

Tried both Swedish Spring R3, and FLB 10B...both lock touchscreen on boot.

Guest cicobuff
"Software Version:OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20"

Now that is something new.

Anyone else has this?

Thing is, I have B20 software and the touchpad doesn't work after custom rom flash, whereas the userof2 above had B20 and custom rom flash does. Whether this software version is new or not, doesn't seem like its a variable to cause all touchpads of revision B10 phones to touchpad freeze when custom rom is installed.

Guest xondrax

Got today a new OSF/a grey one/ to hands and have the same results

#1 PREEMPT Jan 25 10:13:29 CST 2011

Build Number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Software Version OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

Glass:LEAD

IMEI:0773xxx

PigFish says

Gen 1

Unlocked without problems,waiting for flashing,in few days by new owner ...

Guest ronc2000
Build Number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Software Version OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

Arr these are 2 different things.

What we have been discussing are the B10 BULID.

Software version was probably one factor we have missed out and that may be another clue as to why some B10 phones are OK and some are not.

Guest sambartle

I presume you already know whats in the ts_information for a working B10.. but just in case not..

# cat /proc/touchscreen/ts_information

touchscreen module

name : synaptics

i2c address : 0x22

IC type : 2000 series

firmware version : TM1541

module : synaptics + TPK

Oh and I had to cat /proc/touchscreen/ts_information not /proc/touchscreen (just in case thats why no one has replied yet)

Guest kallt_kaffe
I presume you already know whats in the ts_information for a working B10.. but just in case not..

# cat /proc/touchscreen/ts_information

touchscreen module

That's exactly the same as my OLED OSF (on of the first Blades).

Oh and I had to cat /proc/touchscreen/ts_information not /proc/touchscreen (just in case thats why no one has replied yet)

Correct, my mistake. It would be very useful to see if the troublish B10's are using a different touchscreen.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest GytonP

I have one of the hardware build B10 / software version B20 UK Orange San Franciscos that exhibits the unresponsive touch screen if I install a 2.2 custom ROM but is fine with the stock 2.1 code. I've got ADB installed under Windows, but CAT doesn't seem to be a recognized command. However, I have used PULL to get at the ts_information file instead and it is as follows:

touchscreen module

I'm keen to get a custom ROM working, so am available to provide any assistance required.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I have one of the hardware build B10 / software version B20 UK Orange San Franciscos that exhibits the unresponsive touch screen if I install a 2.2 custom ROM but is fine with the stock 2.1 code. I've got ADB installed under Windows, but CAT doesn't seem to be a recognized command. However, I have used PULL to get at the ts_information file instead and it is as follows:

touchscreen module

I'm keen to get a custom ROM working, so am available to provide any assistance required.

Well, at least it seems to be the same touchscreen. Strange indeed, that means my experiment with the cypress driver above is useless.

Guest sambartle

touchscreen module

Just for future reference.. cat is a linux/unix command. You run it on the phone.. so you need to use ADB to connect to the phone and get a shell prompt (like a dos prompt in windows)..

Open windows command prompt

run: adb shell

this will connect to the phone and show you a # prompt (in the cmd window)

Anything you now type is run on the phone.. so cat will work now :D

Guest Fluffykins

Forgive me if this is a superfluous post, but here's a thought for the touchscreen issue of B10 phones under 2.2 ROMs

It's not something stupid like a missing, empty or malformed touchscreen calibration file?

I've seen references at http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/ZTE_Blade and at http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-909176.html, both of which give references to engineer codes on the ZTE Blade, including specific touchscreen data:

*983*10# Delete (Touchscreeen) Calibration File

and

*983*29873283# AXUPDATE Touchscreen Updater (2.1 ROMs only)

Is it worth comparing the calibration file from a known working 2.1 B10 phone, with what appears in a 2.2 ROMed version?

Like I say; I'm not clever at all when it comes to this stuff, but it was just a thought I'd had, which I thought I'd share.

All right. I'll get back in my burrow.

Guest DrEzkimo
Managed to fix mine by turning on the draw a pattern unlock, hope this helps

so you now get a fully responsive screen just by doing that to unlock it rather than the swipe thingy?