[KERNEL] corvusKernel |.32|CIFS|TUN|EXT4|SLAB|CFQ|WiFi|NTFS|HOST/SLAVE|PL2303|XPAD

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus

Hi all.

I make a new kernel based in Buzz Vega, but with some changes.

1) All modules (but wifi) are now integrated into kernel, so no more insmod modules.

2) Added support for PL2303 and FDTI usb to serial chips (Usb Gps, usb-serial cable, etc.)

3) Added support for Xbox 360 PAD (wired or wireless with pc adaptor)

Notes:

1) To boot in host mode, press on, once you have black iluminated, release on button and press back until boot finished.

2) Usb Gps and Xbox pad are detected by kernel but not useable in android by now. I'm working on it.

3) To mount CIFS shares, you can use Mount Manager or Cifs Manager from market

4) To use NTFS (and possibly EXT4) you must mount manually. I'm working in do it automatically. Using ConnectBot:

$su

#busybox mount /dev/block/sda1 /mnt/usbdisk

And you get yout memory at /mnt/usbdisk and can access it with any file manager.

INSTALL:

This must be installed using CWM, and use this zip as update. MAKE ALLWAYS A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE

If you was using Buzz Vega, can delete .ko files from /system/lib/modules, because they are not used (now integrated into kernel).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13580211/corvusKernel_01.zip

Thanks Buzz, Paul "Modaco", Koush, and all great helping people at #tegratab.

Corvus.

PS: If you prefer speak spanish with me, please PM.

Guest Sir Gash

For real? I didn't think this was possible, will definitely give it a go when I get home just for this!

P.S. ¡Muchas Gracias!

Edited by Sir Gash

Guest newbe5

OK I need someone to let me know if this works, because if it does this is officially EPIC.

Guest rvdgeer
OK I need someone to let me know if this works, because if it does this is officially EPIC.

2) Usb Gps and Xbox pad are detected by kernel but not useable in android by now. I'm working on it.

I don't think it works at this point...

Guest rilot

See his post:

So no, it doesn't work in any practical sense yet.

Awesome development none the less.

Guest the_corvus

I have a patch for ntfs automounting, so it's working now...

Tomorrow i will release it with xbox pad support... if i can make it work.

Corvus.

Guest rilot
Tomorrow i will release it with xbox pad support... if i can make it work.

Awesome. Good luck and fingers crossed for all Vega gamers. This could be huge if you can get it to work.

Edited by rilot

Guest newbe5
Awesome. Good luck and fingers crossed for all Vega gamers. This could be huge if you can get it to work.

Not just gamers. You can get a Keyboard attachment for the Xbox pad, it would make an extremely good universal remote if it worked!

Guest sjt.a3b

can you use a wireless pad with the plug and charge adaptor? to make it not wireless, if that makes sense.

Guest sjt.a3b
To use wireless on the PC you need one of these so assuming it's the same with linux and therefore android....

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/13027917/M...urlrefer=search

yeah i get that, but what i mean is that, if you have a wireless controller, and plug it in via usb (using the charge lead), does that still count as wireless? or is it then wired, and therefore does not require the the receiver.

Guest rilot
yeah i get that, but what i mean is that, if you have a wireless controller, and plug it in via usb (using the charge lead), does that still count as wireless? or is it then wired, and therefore does not require the the receiver.

To use the controller on the PC you need the wireless dongle thing that he linked above, as he said.

Guest simonta

OK, I cleaned up the mess :D

Corvus, first of all, thank you for your cracking work.

I know I'm going to regret this, but what's the .32 in your feature list?

Having all modules in the kernel is the dogs danglies. Any reason that WiFi isn't in or can't be put in? Reason for asking is that if the kernel were self contained, buggering around with ROMs from other devices becomes trivial. I know that I can replace the boot.img but to date, matching someones elses system.img with a Vega kernel has been a tearful experience.

Thanks again, already loving your work...

Edited by simonta

Guest simonta

Thanks Buzing Bee (love your work too chap and competition is a good thing).

I'm going to take a crack at this with an Eden ROM, see what can be done. If I zap the KOs from the system and use the Vega boot.img, repacked with tihs kernel just leaves Wifi to get going. Or have I just departed on the last bus from sanity land?

Guest lydius

CODE

$su

#busybox mount /dev/block/sda1 /mnt/usbdisk

And you get yout memory at /mnt/usbdisk and can access it with any file manager.

i'm sorry but i can only access the NTFS usb disk by connectbot, ie. linux ls and cp commands. any file managers reports usbdisk folder as empty.

also tried the automount mod, but no success.

i even used chmod to give usbdisk all permisions.

any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beegee1962

Does this kernel support tethering through WiFi?

I change to a Viewsonic Viewpad with 3G :D and tried Android Tether application, but it says that the kernel is not fully supporting it.