Sugestions for future Vega ROM

Guest Soulcalibur76

Guest Soulcalibur76

Hi there! it has been 3 days since i have downloaded and installed the latest R8 ROm for my Advent Vega and so far i'm loving it. though, i think it could use some sprucing up.

I have some ROM sugestions for the Vega. before we get the final and full Honeycomb 3.0 update for tablets i'd like us to give our Vega a "last hurrah". one that will make us truly proud of owning one before the 3.0 update. maybe let's call it 2.5, eh? ;-)

so, where or who do i send it to?

Guest the_corvus
Hi there! it has been 3 days since i have downloaded and installed the latest R8 ROm for my Advent Vega and so far i'm loving it. though, i think it could use some sprucing up.

I have some ROM sugestions for the Vega. before we get the final and full Honeycomb 3.0 update for tablets i'd like us to give our Vega a "last hurrah". one that will make us truly proud of owning one before the 3.0 update. maybe let's call it 2.5, eh? ;-)

so, where or who do i send it to?

You can put them here...

Corvus.

Guest Soulcalibur76
You can put them here...

Corvus.

Although i'm still a novice and a baby when it comes to ROM's and modding i do consider myself "up-to-date" and adept with what's going on with tablets and its features.i'll try my best.

1. make the Back button bigger and back to it's original size but only that button and not the whole notification bar. to make it more "easier" to go back to a previous activity/menu/window put like a circle border around it. ( more like what you see in the current Sony Ericsson's Experia phone menu....one with the four-circled corners.)

2. more faster and smoother touchscreen response/ opening + closing of windows and menus

3. more Google products and greater integration on existing ones

4. ability to charge the tablet via the USB

5. ability to connect any USB-device and be able to play files off that device ( be it USB dongle, an external hard drive, etc.)

6. improved ADW Launcher ( with a proper joint widget of Wi-fi/GPS/Silent/Brightness/Screen rotate window thing like the ones in current Android 2.2 and 2.3 phones)

7. Adobe Flash Player 10.2

8. a Honeycomb-esque launcher

9. a Live TV widget

10. a 3D games enhancement pack of some sort to improve on the Vega's gaming potential (as it has the Tegra 2) and to "prepare" it for the eventual 3.0 update.

11. improved and added features on the VOIP front like video calling et al.

12. general performance improvements like improving battery life, touchscreen response, greater integration of Google products.

13. Improved wi-fi signal

14. A faster startup

15. Ability to arrange icons of apps on the apps hone screens

14. Improved and enhanced browser

Edited by Soulcalibur76

Guest the_corvus

1, 6, 7, 8 and 15 can be done by yourself with the correct apps or knowledge. Search google or XDA forums.

2, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16... rom cookers have the sources of some things, but not all, so you can suppose that they do her best in this points. About browser, you can use any of the other browsers, like Dolphin, Firefox, etc.

3 what google product do you refer? I think that all that can be integrated are...

4 cant be done... its a hardware design problem

5 by default you can connect any memory dongle formated in fat, any 3g dongle supported by option module. Using Buzz kernel or corvusKernel you can use ntfs dongles too, and serial to usb and some others.

9 this exist???

11 try tango in market

You must think that make some of this things are big time consuming, so what's the need of waste time to make some things in 2.2 when you will nedd to redo them in 3.0?

Corvus.

Although i'm still a novice and a baby when it comes to ROM's and modding i do consider myself "up-to-date" and adept with what's going on with tablets and its features.i'll try my best.

1. make the Back button bigger and back to it's original size but only that button and not the whole notification bar. to make it more "easier" to go back to a previous activity/menu/window put like a circle border around it. ( more like what you see in the current Sony Ericsson's Experia phone menu....one with the four-circled corners.)

2. more faster and smoother touchscreen response/ opening + closing of windows and menus

3. more Google products and greater integration on existing ones

4. ability to charge the tablet via the USB

5. ability to connect any USB-device and be able to play files off that device ( be it USB dongle, an external hard drive, etc.)

6. improved ADW Launcher ( with a proper joint widget of Wi-fi/GPS/Silent/Brightness/Screen rotate window thing like the ones in current Android 2.2 and 2.3 phones)

7. Adobe Flash Player 10.2

8. a Honeycomb-esque launcher

9. a Live TV widget

10. a 3D games enhancement pack of some sort to improve on the Vega's gaming potential (as it has the Tegra 2) and to "prepare" it for the eventual 3.0 update.

11. improved and added features on the VOIP front like video calling et al.

12. general performance improvements like improving battery life, touchscreen response, greater integration of Google products.

13. Improved wi-fi signal

14. A faster startup

15. Ability to arrange icons of apps on the apps hone screens

14. Improved and enhanced browser

Guest zzleezz

Im not sure you are asking for the right thing.

I agree with number 1, that I would like to see.

Almost all the others are a mix of requests that are either already available if you download the right software (you ask for 2 launchers, ADW and Honeycombesque, thats not something a rom chef will usually provide), or they are requests for apps (live tv widget, VOIP, browser, FlashPlayer 10.2).

The rest I dont understand.

Sorry to be negative but you built up my expectations with your introduction :D

Ill go away and think of what I would like to see in a new rom.

Guest Soulcalibur76

Let me reiterate again that these are just mostly suggestions.

as re: # 5 this is not possible with the current R8 ROM of Vega. i have tried connecting my external hard drive and doesn't work and/or my Vega can't "find" it.

as re: # 15 this doesn't work either i want to re-arrange the icons so as say most of my games are in the bottom and some Google apps are on the top. at the moment this is not even possible so i think i know what i'm saying when i say those two points.

as for some yeah i understand it would take some time to "bake" them. i don't mind waiting for the next ROM or the 3.0 OS even.

again, these are just suggestions....

Guest zzleezz
Let me reiterate again that these are just mostly suggestions.

as re: # 5 this is not possible with the current R8 ROM of Vega. i have tried connecting my external hard drive and doesn't work and/or my Vega can't "find" it.

as re: # 15 this doesn't work either i want to re-arrange the icons so as say most of my games are in the bottom and some Google apps are on the top. at the moment this is not even possible so i think i know what i'm saying when i say those two points.

as for some yeah i understand it would take some time to "bake" them. i don't mind waiting for the next ROM or the 3.0 OS even.

again, these are just suggestions....

Errrmmmm?

5 = yes you can, you need to read up on USB host mode threads. This is something we have been able to do for some months now...

15 = also yes you can, you mention ADW in your list have you used it? The standard launcher that the Vega comes with has the problems that you describe but just downloading the free ADW from the market and using that instead and you can customize your screens to your hearts content. Again, you need to do a little more reading as that is probably the most asked question in this forum "How can I change the default icons on the vega homescreen".

Guest Soulcalibur76

got more sugestions here:

17. added features & settings when viewing videos (like screen size, surround surround effect, etc.)

18. improved viewing of files from a USB device (like maintaining volume even on low battery) and improved video player stability

19. the ability to tether with a mobile phone (to access the internet if no wi-fi signal is around)

Edited by Soulcalibur76