Memory Chip Upgrade

Guest chunkymunky74

Guest chunkymunky74

Hi Paul here,

I was wondering if it was possible to upgrade the 4gb micro SD chip a larger capacity one say 8gb or 16gb by copying the contents of the one that comes with the device onto the new chip and just plugging it in?

Loving the device -much better than the iTray would agree that the key to flashing is in the USB drivers i found that after spending most of my weekend trying it on my Vista machine to no success, i had a pop with an old XP machine i have and did the job in less than 10 minutes

Guest andrewdolphin
Hi Paul here,

I was wondering if it was possible to upgrade the 4gb micro SD chip a larger capacity one say 8gb or 16gb by copying the contents of the one that comes with the device onto the new chip and just plugging it in?

Loving the device -much better than the iTray would agree that the key to flashing is in the USB drivers i found that after spending most of my weekend trying it on my Vista machine to no success, i had a pop with an old XP machine i have and did the job in less than 10 minutes

Yes you can do exactly that with a new micro sd card.

Guest Yogimax
what is the max size sd the vega can take? 16gb or 32gb?

I have a 16Gb SD with no problems. I tried a 32Gb but had issues which may have been related to the card itself.

Guest chunkymunky74
Yes you can do exactly that with a new micro sd card.

upgraded with an 8 gb card ( the thought was that 8 would force me to keep the machine uncluttered) with no hassles last night - might be brave and go higher at some point

Guest sjt.a3b

would love to be able to afford the san disk, but i need one for my phone as well and £56 is too expensive. anyone know of anything cheaper thats still reliable?

Guest Infnordz
I'm using >>this<< SD card and it works perfectly fine. I watch a lot of video and use Ap2SD to move games onto the card and have no issues.

Paul

I saw that one, but decided that £16 + p&p the 16GB version was much better value.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest El Nino9

i've read lots that 32GB micro SD cards have a lot of issues, unsure as some people claim success. but i guess its down to luck.

on the other hand i've got a 16gb class 10 from play.com i paid £17.79 for it but its only increased to £17.99 (by 20p)

i use it in my desire hd with old skool apps to SD (not froyo) and works a treat.