Portable folding tablet stand

Guest tdroza

Guest tdroza

I just noticed this product on firebox.com... http://www.firebox.com/product/3253/iPad-Duo-Travel-Stand

It's and "iPad stand" (because that's the only tablet device that exists, obviously :D) but would work just fine with the Vega. I have a couple of very similar (but smaller) stands for my phone which I picked up for about £3 from the Orange store when they were on sale. Because they're so compact, I found them handy when travelling to prop up my phone on a bedside table, or train table etc.

£15 seems quite pricey considering how simple it is, but then Firebox aren't always the cheapest so it may well be possible to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Guest Sanddancer75

£15!? You could buy an official case for £5 more (with the code) & that works great as a stand along with the added bonus of it being a, er, case?

Edited by Sanddancer75

Guest sknne
£15!? You could buy an official case for £5 more (with the code) & that works great as a stand along with the added bonus of it being a, er, case?

What code?

Guest tdroza
i bought one of these ......works gr8......well made and very flexible

http://bit.ly/dYcd9V

I have one of those too, and I'm pretty impressed with it. Very sturdy. I use it in the kitchen quite regularly. Not quite as portable as the Firebox one due to it's weight and size, but I'd agree that it's better value (unless anyone can find the Firebox one cheaper elsewhere).

Guest Sanddancer75
What code?

I don't know if it's still valid, I managed to completely miss it when I ordered mine, but ADVENT10 would give you £10 off the official case.

Guest tomolewis

Apart from the official case isn't that well made IMO, I'm only a light user and mine became loose and the leather effect started peeling from the hinge part.

Just got an email confirming my refund of £19.99

Guest Sanddancer75
Thanks for the code Sanddancer75, definitely still valid, just ordered one from Currys

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

Apart from the official case isn't that well made IMO, I'm only a light user and mine became loose and the leather effect started peeling from the hinge part.

Both me & my lass have had no trouble with our cases. We got them around the middle of December as far as I remember.

Guest evorgevol

I've just bought one of these, will post a reply of what it's like when it arrives. It looks similar to others that have been mentioned extensively in the threads, but looks a little thinner (and lighter) which is quite important to me. That, and it looks sexy as hell! :D

Guest Mickgoodie1
I have one of those too, and I'm pretty impressed with it. Very sturdy. I use it in the kitchen quite regularly. Not quite as portable as the Firebox one due to it's weight and size, but I'd agree that it's better value (unless anyone can find the Firebox one cheaper elsewhere).

I bought one of these, excellent piece of kit for the money

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carl rose
I bought one of these to take the Vega in the car but now use it as sturdy everyday stand at home and at less than £10 it's proved good value. :D

I got one of these and let me tell ya I wouldn't swap it for anything. Used it once in the car but with the vibrations and the weight of the vega is too bouncy. Now, at home and as a stand articulated and actually gripping the vega on 4 points there is nothing better out there to either have it on the bedside cabinet or in the kitchen attched to the tiles

Guest gstonian

Hey,

Any chance of a photo of the official case being used as a stand ? PCWorld/Currys photos are all a bit lame

Presume the case works round all the buttons etc but just wanted to check how good it is as a stand

CHeers :D

Guest Sanddancer75
Hey,

Any chance of a photo of the official case being used as a stand ? PCWorld/Currys photos are all a bit lame

Presume the case works round all the buttons etc but just wanted to check how good it is as a stand

CHeers :D

Here you go...

img_0013.jpg

Vega slides into the side of the case (& back out if you're not careful), leaving buttons & flap unobstructed.img_0014.jpg

Buttons on the top still accessible (I need to turn my calendar over)img_0015.jpg

Underside showing the little strap in use.

img_0016.jpg

Press-studded strap.

Guest gstonian

Perfect thanks !!!

The strap was the missing key :D ordered now using the discount as well - thanks for the photos and great advice !

G.

Guest DublinGuy
Perfect thanks !!!

The strap was the missing key :D ordered now using the discount as well - thanks for the photos and great advice !

G.

+1! Can't believe I didn't spot that is how it works B) I had been using the case strap when using it as a stand, much less stable!

Guest Richard de Goede
Great but $143 for a stand, give me one of the cheap and i'll put up with a bit of a wobble.

Lol... when i posted it was about 7 euros (what i paid)

Guest Sanddancer75
+1! Can't believe I didn't spot that is how it works :D I had been using the case strap when using it as a stand, much less stable!

Me too to begin with. I even complained about the thing on here until someone mentioned about the little strap thing. Typical! All the Vega documentation is terrible.