Bricked LG optimus 2x

Guest Dr. Koch

Guest Dr. Koch

Hi there

I've unfortunately gotten a faulty devices and I'm suppose to get it switched with a new device. (another story about not being able to make calls, scrathing sound etc)

I've rooted my phone and it worked flawlessly, but today I wanted to un-root and would install the apps i've removed with root explorer. Therefore I downloaded a system/ dump and tried restoring the "app" directory in system/ with root explorer. This resulted in random force closes

Then I used "adb" su to copy all the app files from sdcard (where I copied the files from the dump) to the system/app directory. After a while it was done and I type reboot... [bricked?]

Now the phone keeps rebooting. Getting the LG logo with sound and afterwards the LG logo with progress bar... then rebooting...

I need help

1) I've tried the factory reset with Power+ volume down key - just reboots again

2) I can get in to S/W update mode

3) Cannot get ADB to work

(XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=994290)

I'm really desparate :| I hope you'll be the KING here Paul and find a solution....

Guest Batkoto
Hi there

I've unfortunately gotten a faulty devices and I'm suppose to get it switched with a new device. (another story about not being able to make calls, scrathing sound etc)

I've rooted my phone and it worked flawlessly, but today I wanted to un-root and would install the apps i've removed with root explorer. Therefore I downloaded a system/ dump and tried restoring the "app" directory in system/ with root explorer. This resulted in random force closes

Then I used "adb" su to copy all the app files from sdcard (where I copied the files from the dump) to the system/app directory. After a while it was done and I type reboot... [bricked?]

Now the phone keeps rebooting. Getting the LG logo with sound and afterwards the LG logo with progress bar... then rebooting...

I need help

1) I've tried the factory reset with Power+ volume down key - just reboots again

I'm really desparate :| I hope you'll be the KING here Paul and find a solution....

The only suggestion I can give you is to do NV Flash.

Phone is bricked in LG level of flashing but not in Nvidia.

I am sure Paul will post some info on NV flashing soon.

Guest yyhoney
Hi there

I need help

First, i'm sorry 4 my pool english.

In Korea version 2X, this method is enable to bricked phone.

turn off ur phone,

and power on, wait 2~3second, press volume down button, then you can see the upgrade mode, maybe??

(Korea version 2x has surface home key, so home + vol down combination is enable. buy world-ver 2x has not home key, maybe...)

and connect your phone to ur PC.

If you are using 'LG Mobile support tool', you will find customer support tab & recovery phone. select it.

Then, the tool requests Serial Number.

i hope that you can recovery ur phone.....

Guest Dr. Koch
First, i'm sorry 4 my pool english.

In Korea version 2X, this method is enable to bricked phone.

turn off ur phone,

and power on, wait 2~3second, press volume down button, then you can see the upgrade mode, maybe??

(Korea version 2x has surface home key, so home + vol down combination is enable. buy world-ver 2x has not home key, maybe...)

and connect your phone to ur PC.

If you are using 'LG Mobile support tool', you will find customer support tab & recovery phone. select it.

Then, the tool requests Serial Number.

i hope that you can recovery ur phone.....

I've already tried the support tool and recovery but that doesn't work. Says that phone cannot be updated.

Guess I'll try to send it back to LG in a few days and see if they'll exchange it for a new without "trouble" :-|

About the NV flash then I really don't know how to get that one started... I'll be patiently waiting :D

Guest yyhoney
I've already tried the support tool and recovery but that doesn't work. Says that phone cannot be updated.

Guess I'll try to send it back to LG in a few days and see if they'll exchange it for a new without "trouble" :-|

About the NV flash then I really don't know how to get that one started... I'll be patiently waiting :D

Upgrade boot mode(press vol.down after power on the phone) is different from recovery boot mode (power+vol.down). Recovery mode just performs factory reset without selecting the menu.

Different screen are displayed.

Did you try to first method?

Guest Dr. Koch
Upgrade boot mode(press vol.down after power on the phone) is different from recovery boot mode (power+vol.down). Recovery mode just performs factory reset without selecting the menu.

Different screen are displayed.

Did you try to first method?

Yes I've tried both in recovery boot mode and S/W upgrade mode as you describe... nothing happens. The update tools gives an error... Says Contact online update tool help...

Guest Dr. Koch
Yes I've tried both in recovery boot mode and S/W upgrade mode as you describe... nothing happens. The update tools gives an error... Says Contact online update tool help...

I even tried booting into recovery (Holding the power+volume down button - and when the unpacking box comes op pressing the home key) after a couple of tries...

Still no connection thru ADB or LG update tool

Hi there

I need help

Try this... i'm flat out today so i've just rustled it up quickly, but it should work.

You'll need ADB, and this zip i've made for you. Extract the zip to a directory, change to that directory, then, while your device is booting, do:

adb shell stop
adb push psneuter /data/local/
adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/psneuter
adb shell /data/local/psneuter
adb wait-for-device
adb shell stop
adb push system.tar.gz /sdcard/
adb push busybox /data/local/
adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/busybox
adb shell /data/local/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
adb shell /data/local/busybox tar zxvf /sdcard/system.tar.gz -C /system
adb reboot[/code]

Hopefully that should sort you out! :D

P

I even tried booting into recovery (Holding the power+volume down button - and when the unpacking box comes op pressing the home key) after a couple of tries...

Still no connection thru ADB or LG update tool

No ADB connection at all when it's boot looping? :D

P

Guest Dr. Koch
No ADB connection at all when it's boot looping? :D

P

hi paul

I had adb contact a couple of secondseach boot but after I tried lg update tool and installed that usb driver I havent had it since.

I've tried installing the old drivers again but now I cant get adb contact

Uploading now...

P

Thanks, basically i wanted to move back my system apps so i could freeze them instead, but instead of going through each of them i basically just told root explorer to move them there, figuring that it of course wouldn't do any monkey business, but basically it created a new folder and ran out of space, then it just started crashing all apps.

Deleted the folder remotely, and pushed a new one, but obviously the package manager doesn't recognize the apps, and will likely just brick on reboot :/

File uploaded.

P

Thanks, i'm at the last step, any last things i might want to doublecheck before overwriting the files?

Edit: Well here we go, only build.prop is slightly different apparently, so i hope it works :(

Edit 2: Seems to be bootlooping half a minute after startup :D

Edit 3: Tried pushing my own build.prop, have been running for a few minutes longer than normal now. Maybe that did the trick? :D

Edit 4: Been running solid for 20 minutes now, seems like overwriting your build.prop worked, thanks a lot for your help :(

Edited by thla

Guest NisseGurra
How was your build.prop different?

P

Its seems your dump is newer base: dated 2011. 03. 02

My build prop says 2011.02.23

And it seems the newer radio fixes sound issue?

How was your build.prop different?

P

Mine is apparently a p990-v10b and not a :(

http://pastebin.com/diff.php?i=x0MQ7xbW

Red is my version, blue is yours.

Its seems your dump is newer base: dated 2011. 03. 02

My build prop says 2011.02.23

And it seems the newer radio fixes sound issue?

Mine is even newer :D

Edited by thla

Well the dump is kinda broken due to the issue, but i'll see if i can upload it somewhere.

Ugh, just tried to setup wifi, but it can't be enabled, just returning "error" :/