SMS issues with CyanogenMod

Guest AntonioPT

Guest AntonioPT

I was very happy with my phone until up to a few days ago. I started missing SMS, getting partial SMS when they were long, some SMS started having kind of scrambled words... I don't know what's going on, it's like my phone is acting crazy and it's really frustrating to talk to someone if I don't recieve half of the SMS they send to me. :(

I have an U8230 with 256MB RAM, so I was never affected by the "old" SMS issue. I have about 3000 texts and I am using GO SMS, because stock sms hangs when loading big threads.

I'm really considering going back to FLB 1.7 or UK/DE official update, but if someone could help me, I would rather stay on my current CM ROM.

Thanks in advance :D

Guest Fulcrum_X

I had this problems as well with CM 6. It drove me crazy.

I'm running DE 2.1 stock right now and I'm quite happy with the speed and receive all text messages. :D

I think it's due to having too many messages stored in there...

It can't be ram (since u have cm6 with swap)

It can't be storage space (since u have sd-ext with cachesd i guess)

So it's because the app couldn't handle that many messages.

I usually backup my messages with MyPhoneExplorer (but I use 2.1 not cm6) and after that, I delete them from my phone.

So my sugestion is to find an app that stores ur messages for reading them after and delete them from ur phone.

Guest AntonioPT
I think it's due to having too many messages stored in there...

It can't be ram (since u have cm6 with swap)

It can't be storage space (since u have sd-ext with cachesd i guess)

So it's because the app couldn't handle that many messages.

I usually backup my messages with MyPhoneExplorer (but I use 2.1 not cm6) and after that, I delete them from my phone.

So my sugestion is to find an app that stores ur messages for reading them after and delete them from ur phone.

I made a backup of all the sms messages and deleted them all. Then uninstalled GO SMS and returned back to stock messaging, and the problem STILL occurs.

I'm going back to stock DE/UK 2011 because texting is important to me.

Guest sun lbx

As for me, I can receive messages

But I cant send them.

Neither sms, nor gmail.

And it has always been like that on cm6 for me

no matter which gapps zip i tried to flash

Guest AntonioPT

Added root, busybox and a2sd to the DE ROM with dsixda's kitchen, removed some useless /system apps and I'm going to flash this on my phone.

EDIT: OMG. It has a fugly pink "T-Mobile" boot animation screen :D

EDIT2: OH MY GOD! THE PINK IS KILLING ME!

EDIT3: Wifi doesn't work (as with many 2.1 custom ROMS, except the latest FLBs) and I hate the pink. So I'm going back to the stock 2.1 of my carrier (+ root, busybox and a2sd).

Edited by AntonioPT

Guest Casterina

I think i know how to solve your problem.. but not sure...

Download root explorer.. access your system apps.. delete the stock message app, then go on market and download handcent.. because they use two different delivery reports.. these reports are to make sure that your message is sent to the recipient.. and the same for the sent message..

Guest Fulcrum_X

I hate to say it but I noticed I didn't received some text messages again.. one of 3 messages send at once and today a SMS of 2. I had just a few SMS threads, with the biggest containing 55 text messages. I deleted all threads yesterday and rebooted, but it seems it doesn't matter. My Pulse is running stock DE 2.1, this really is a pain in the ass... :D

Maybe it's indeed better to download handcent SMS, although I don't like the GUI of it.

Guest Fulcrum_X

I hate to say it but I noticed I didn't received some text messages again.. one of 3 messages send at once and today a SMS of 2. I had just a few SMS threads, with the biggest containing 55 text messages. I deleted all threads yesterday and rebooted, but it seems it doesn't matter. My Pulse is running stock DE 2.1, this really is a pain in the ass... :D

Maybe it's indeed better to download handcent SMS, although I don't like the GUI of it.

Guest jimmie32

256MB U8220 here. Largest thread is 521 messages long, first confirmed occurrence today (and who knows how many times before.. now I know why people don't answer.).

If 2.1 solves this issue, I'm downgrading... I can't risk losing messages. Does it? Can anyone confirm please?

Guest Pulseuser1

Im no expert on this but could it be in the message setting where the amount of texts in a thread might be set to a low number or it might be that it will start to delete old messages when the thread reaches a certain limit :D not sure about this though :/

Guest Casterina

Antonio, if you deleted the stock messenger.. you need to keep it.. because the sms you recieve go to the stock sms... I dont know how to explain it o properly but.. basically you need to keep stock messenger