Graphical Glitches

Guest bazzlad

Guest Qwertymon
Has anyone figured these out yet? They're doing my head in - MCR r8.

its a phone os not designed to be run at 1000x600, we gotta suck it up and live with it

Guest trevor432990

What sort of glitches do people get? I sometimes see short horizontal lines in random places on the screen primarily when starting apps but nothing too major which would spoil my enjoyment. If you have installed the early version Flash 10.2 there are issues with more artefacts with this I believe so I've reverted to 10.1 for the time being.

Guest gingercat
its a phone os not designed to be run at 1000x600, we gotta suck it up and live with it

The glitches have nothing to do with this being a "phone os", it will all be down to the relatively new Tegra2 drivers still being a bit buggy.

Guest dagrim1
The glitches have nothing to do with this being a "phone os", it will all be down to the relatively new Tegra2 drivers still being a bit buggy.

This would be my guess too...

But really, apart from the occasional lines on the screen (not too often, very shortly, opening apps) there aren't any glitches right? ANd those lines are hardly bothersome at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bazanime

I have revived an old thread for my issue, so please don't ignore it.

Immediately after every reboot of the Vega I get this bar at the top within a black screen (see picture attached), and the only way to remove it is to press the soft home key in the notification bar, only then does my desktop show with everything normal.

I would appreciate some help to fix it or at least explain its origin.

My setup:

Standard R8 rom

Flash 10.2 market

Launcher pro

Button saviour

Multitask manager

I mention these since I suspect there may be a connection.

Thanks for any assistance.

post-857188-1301705936_thumb.jpg

Edited by bazanime

Guest goldenbolux

I get the same thing now

I never got this before I installed multi task manager.

It may be worth removing it and giving it a try

This had never happened to me before I installed this.

Guest bazanime
I get the same thing now

I never got this before I installed multi task manager.

It may be worth removing it and giving it a try

This had never happened to me before I installed this.

You may be on to something there, I'll try removing mtm.

Guest simonta
I have revived an old thread for my issue, so please don't ignore it.

Immediately after every reboot of the Vega I get this bar at the top within a black screen (see picture attached), and the only way to remove it is to press the soft home key in the notification bar, only then does my desktop show with everything normal.

I would appreciate some help to fix it or at least explain its origin.

My setup:

Standard R8 rom

Flash 10.2 market

Launcher pro

Button saviour

Multitask manager

I mention these since I suspect there may be a connection.

Thanks for any assistance.

Looks like an app buig to me. Are those really the only apps you have? Would bet a pound to a pinch of unicorn dandruff that a reinstall would fix this one.

Guest simonta

Folks. I've seen glitches like this on every operating system I've ever used except 2; VAX VMS which was text only and VMXA which was text only. I've had these in Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX and now Android.

In every case, they were caused by graphics drivers, specifically hardware acceleration. I have only ever seen these caused by hardware when the adapter has failed. You simply do not get "bad batches" of graphics adapters.

This is a software issue, plain and simple and it's not Android per se, it's the driver, therefore no amount of honeycombing or gingerbreading or ROM devving or general futzing is going to sort it. It's my belief that the only solution will be a new driver which is closed source and therefore cannot be delivered by this community. Given that nVidia are not pushing the Harmony platform any more, there is every possibility that this won't get fixed. Like everyone, I hope it does but continuing to ask "when is this going to be fixed" or "I think it might be caused by "ACME Limited Most Excellent Task Fenagler" is wasted breath I'm afraid.

Just trying to put the thread to sleep....

Guest bazanime
Have you gave it a try

I'm at work so can't try mine

multitasking manager was the culprit, that bar is actually a buggy version of it its "running apps" selection. everything is back to normal now its uninstalled.

I think its a conflict with launcher pro.

oh well, I have make do with stock taskswitcher.

at least I didn't need to do a reflash.

so that's my problem solved....in part. thanks.

Guest goldenbolux

I switched it off as default and found that it cured it

There was no need to uninstall it

I have left it so that i can switch it on when i need to flick between apps and browser quickly

Guest bazanime
I switched it off as default and found that it cured it

There was no need to uninstall it

I have left it so that i can switch it on when i need to flick between apps and browser quickly

what default did you switch off? there are two sets of defaults you can set.