New Vega Owner Confused About Market App Visibility

Guest organoman

Guest organoman

Hi,

Got my Vega last Friday from eBay. I have loaded it with Paul's r8 ROM and so far have been pretty impressed with it. The only real problem I have with it at the minute is that a lot of apps seem to be missing from the Market. For example I can't see the Dolphin HD app nor the Facebook app. I bought one of those cheap Wayfinder BT GPS modules to use with the Vega, but a search on the Market doesn't bring up the Bluetooth GPS provider app that is required to make use of it.

What do I need to do to be able to see those apps from the Market app on the Vega?

Thanks.

Guest Touch Graphite

I had this problem before.

It's caused by a bad flash of the add-on. If it can't be cured by the simple 'clear data' and force close of the market app, this maybe the cure.

Guest organoman
I had this problem before.

It's caused by a bad flash of the add-on. If it can't be cured by the simple 'clear data' and force close of the market app, this maybe the cure.

Thanks for that. So if clearing out the data doesn't work, I should try re-flashing the r8 ROM again?

Guest Touch Graphite

Although I did flash the original ROM just to start from scratch, its deffo add on related.

Observe CMD prompt commands during the add on flash. If you see any errors such as, 'no file or folder exists' or 'insufficient space' then its an indication of this error.

To demonstrate, most (including me) didn't have the Adobe flash .apk file in the shuttle prov folder, which didn't exist. Some I noticed also didn't have this folder.

Do you have the shuttle prov folder!?

To find out where to find it (or not) view the sticky topic on how to reinstall flash.

If you don't have it, like me, its a sure idea it was a bad flash.

Edited by Touch Graphite