NTFS Automount

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus

Hi all.

Today i can share with you NTFS automounter. It modifies vold (daemond that mounts devices) to mount ntfs disk. It first try to mount as FAT, and if fails try to mount as NTFS.

You need latest corvusKernel (tested) or Buzz Kernel (both has ntfs static, so no mess with modules).

MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE APPLYING THIS PATCH

Use CMW like always to appy this, and obviously you must have usb in host mode.

The ntfs disk will mount in /mnt/usbdisk

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13580211/corvus-vold-for-vega.zip

Thanks weeds2000 for make this...

Corvus.

Edited by the_corvus

Guest zzleezz
Hi all.

Today i can share with you NTFS automounter. It modifies vold (daemond that mounts devices) to mount ntfs disk. It first try to mount as FAT, and if fails try to mount as NTFS.

You need latest corvusKernel (tested) or Buzz Kernel (both has ntfs static, so no mess with modules).

MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE APPLYING THIS PATCH

Use CMW like always to appy this, and obviously you must have usb in host mode.

The ntfs disk will mount in /mnt/usbdisk

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13580211/corvus-vold-for-vega.zip

Thanks weeds2000 for make this...

Corvus.

Great work mate :-)

Going to try this now...

Guest trevor432990

@Corvus

This sounds great and I'll look forward to hearing from the testers that it is working. One thing though is there anyway you and Paul can collaborate to get this and other tools you have generously donated into the 'official' Modaco ROM packs. This is my first encounter of a modding forum and so I don't know how they are supposed to function but I'd much rather have a single collaborative source for mod/ROM's rather than from several individuals as seems to be the case at the moment as it gets somewhat confusing. Thanks :D

Guest the_corvus
@Corvus

This sounds great and I'll look forward to hearing from the testers that it is working. One thing though is there anyway you and Paul can collaborate to get this and other tools you have generously donated into the 'official' Modaco ROM packs. This is my first encounter of a modding forum and so I don't know how they are supposed to function but I'd much rather have a single collaborative source for mod/ROM's rather than from several individuals as seems to be the case at the moment as it gets somewhat confusing. Thanks :D

Dont really know... here is my knowledge for all users, if he wants to use it for r9, he is free to do it...

I understand you... i'm thinking to make some rom based in mcr, but need to finish a bunch of projects before.

Corvus.

Guest trevor432990
Dont really know... here is my knowledge for all users, if he wants to use it for r9, he is free to do it...

I understand you... i'm thinking to make some rom based in mcr, but need to finish a bunch of projects before.

Corvus.

OK thanks again for your contributions so far and I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from on this. :D

Guest mjcampbell12

Installed on buzz kernel and with latest paul rom. Doent show any files in the location but does power on external hard drive

• 1 month later...