connecting camera vs Vega with USB

Guest Diveokidoki

Guest Diveokidoki

Is it posible the connect a camera or camcorder with the Vega, I have tried using the suplied USB cable but the Vega doesnt indicate that it coneccted to a USB, has this been explored yet??? I so which app is recomended to use.

Cheers

jeff

Guest trevor432990
Is it posible the connect a camera or camcorder with the Vega, I have tried using the suplied USB cable but the Vega doesnt indicate that it coneccted to a USB, has this been explored yet??? I so which app is recomended to use.

Cheers

jeff

If you do a search for 'webcam' you will find topic which shows at least one USB camera works. :D

Guest Diveokidoki

Is it an option to use USB from camera to connect with Vega HDMI so the camera or camcorder gets recognised a visual connection???

cheers

Guest trevor432990
Is it an option to use USB from camera to connect with Vega HDMI so the camera or camcorder gets recognised a visual connection???

cheers

The Vega HDMI is for output only so would not be any good for what you had in mind. Another option maybe if you connect the camera via USB depending on the camera some have a 'webcam' mode you can switch to which might work on the Vega in Host mode but not sure anyone has tried yet. Be interested to hear how you get on.

Edited by trevor432990

Guest Diveokidoki

Thanks Trevor

Jeff

The Vega HDMI is for output only so would not be any good for what you had in mind. Another option maybe if you connect the camera via USB depending on the camera some have a 'webcam' mode you can switch to which might work on the Vega in Host mode but not sure anyone has tried yet. Be interested to hear how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest john hunter
If you do a search for 'webcam' you will find topic which shows at least one USB camera works. :D

Ok, got my Logitech webcam hooked and enabled in settings but every time I can only get output from the built in cam and when I try using Yahoo it turns the USB camera off in Settings. Where am I going wrong?

TIA

John H.

P.S. Running Modaco R8

Guest gingercat

It'd be great if support could somehow be added for the cheap EasyCap USB devices (Linux drivers do exist) then you could hook and view pretty much any video device on the Vega.