Fring Update

Guest chrisrotolo

Guest chrisrotolo

looks like fring will be releasing an update for Streak and Atrix users shortly

according to Fring Facebook...would post a link, but stuck behind a proxy at work.

email them for a pre-release apk!

I cant upload .apk on MoDaCo..check out my post at XDA...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...81#post12167581

Edited by chrisrotolo

Guest jmhalder

according to Fring Facebook...would post a link, but stuck behind a proxy at work.

awesome, my girlfriend is getting a EVO tomorrow, this will actually be the first time my FFC will be useful, lol.

Guest HOkay

Huzzah & hoorah! Especially considering Skype doesn't work on my Streakdroid 1.8.1 :D

Guest coronet

I noticed DJ_Steve said to his beta team to look out for some fring functionality in his upcoming 1.9 build. I wonder it this update has anything to do with what Steve has been cookin' up lately!

Guest jmhalder
I noticed DJ_Steve said to his beta team to look out for some fring functionality in his upcoming 1.9 build. I wonder it this update has anything to do with what Steve has been cookin' up lately!

just tried it, works just fine on my Streak running 341.

Guest josephfranco
works great with official 2.2

I tried many other IMs and have to admit that fring is the best. However I hate the ads there.

I just tried it and although it works with the front facing camera, when i click on the flip camera button, the back camera doesn't come on. Also having lag issues even on wifi and had a force close error that made my phone go mute until i restarted it. Weird. . . . . Bad echo too. . .But not as bad as Tango. . I get the "infinity echo" problem with tango. Tests were done on Dell streak running dj steve 1.8.1 build baseband GAUSB1A130900-US and the other streak has a Stock 2.2 att froyo build. what do you guys think? Also, should i have a different baseband? Completely off topic, my phone has randomly shut down a couple of times (1-3 ) in the past week. No biggie, just wondering what it could be.

Guest ramtix
I just tried it and although it works with the front facing camera, when i click on the flip camera button, the back camera doesn't come on. Also having lag issues even on wifi and had a force close error that made my phone go mute until i restarted it. Weird. . . . . Bad echo too. . .But not as bad as Tango. . I get the "infinity echo" problem with tango. Tests were done on Dell streak running dj steve 1.8.1 build baseband GAUSB1A130900-US and the other streak has a Stock 2.2 att froyo build. what do you guys think? Also, should i have a different baseband? Completely off topic, my phone has randomly shut down a couple of times (1-3 ) in the past week. No biggie, just wondering what it could be.

yup, same thing works for me. FFC works but not the back camera anymore. Which how a video call should be anyway. Im on Dj steves 1.8.1..318baseband

Guest Fone_Fanatic

Guys keep in mind this is a beta so if you have any issues email fring so they can adress them.

here's the email I got from fring:

Hello,

The APK file for your Streak can be found in this link:

http://reg.fring.com/app/versions/FringSA2452.apk

Please reply with a feedback after trying it out on your device.

Note that this is a beta version, we are still working on improving it and modifying it according to your feedback.

Thank you,

Sagi

fring Support