USB TV stick or video capture device on Vega

Guest clive_j

Guest clive_j

I would like to watch TV on the Vega - preferably wirelessly.

Is it too much to hope that someone has got a USB DVB stick or video capture device working on the Vega? If not is anyone working on it?? (I realise this wouldn't be wireless!!)

(Another option is to stream TV to the Vega so I am also monitoring this thread - http://android.modaco.com/content/forum/32...eaming-problem/ )

CJ

Guest clive_j
Tvcatchup.com?

I really want to "broadcast" my own TV from a sat tuner (hence video capture/display device) or watch TV in places with no internet access.

Guest trevor432990

I tend to watch live TV on my Vega using the browser to view each channels online streaming website and of course iPlayer to catch-up but there are other more expensive options such as SlingPlayer Mobile (needs separate Slingbox connected). I used to have a USB Hauppage stick but it never gave very good reception (think you needed to be under a TV mast somewhere for it to work) so I sold it before getting the Vega.

On the horizon ... the numero uno option IMO if you have a PS3 is to buy a Play TV accessory (Freeview box) which enables you to watch live TV on the PS3 and use it as a PDR to record programmes. Then with the addition of a PSP you can watch TV from the PS3 wirelessly around the house using a free feature called 'Remote Play' which (in theory) will be getting an Android app version shortly :D